U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 07:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 5,107,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Christ death did not bring Life to the serpents seed, the children of the devil ! The serpents seed did not sin in Adam, but in the devil !
Quote:
ah:

Tell that to God Gen 3:14-15

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Hi SBSG,
Thank you, I stand corrected. The part that doesn't sit well with me is not, in fact, that the serpent has seed or not, but rather the second part of your statement, that would suggest that the serpent is separate from Adam. I personally find more harmony in the notion that the serpent/satan is the same as the flesh. (That was why I mentioned Job ch. 1-2.)

Thanks again.

Blessings,
Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 12:20 PM

910 posts, read 1,042,831 times
Quote:
Have you ever wondered that if Adam would not have sinned, and lived a perfect sin free life, if He would have inherited eternal life ?

If Adam [Mankind] had remained unfallen, without transgression, then He nor men in him could have entered that Kingdom of Eternal Glory to which all believers in Christ were destined before the foundation Matt 25:

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

2 tim 4:18

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

At best, the life we had in Adam was earthly 1 cor 15:

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So if Adam would have continued perfect in the flesh and blood he was created in, He could not inherit the kingdom of God, prepared for the sheep from the foundation, remember, at his best, Adam was still flesh and blood..

hebrews 2 :

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood [In Adam], he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And scripture says this 1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So Man at His best unfallen state in flesh and blood, cannot inherit the kingdom of God..

As Jesus said, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, even Adam, in His unfallen state needed to be born again if He was to inherit the Kingdom of Glory..
I think there are basic concepts that are confused in your write up. First thing to clear up is this: 'Flesh and blood' does not mean that Adam was without spirit- no!. It only means that his spirit was carnal. Every being has spirit, which is the DNA of God in all of us. The Carnal spirit is the lower self, the spirit scripture refers to as flesh and blood. That is also called the spirit of the air or the earth. The spirit from 'above' is the gift of the Holy spirit. Bearing the image of the heavenly means having the Holy Spirit- which is obtained by confession of sins and baptism of the Holy Spirit. To know you have that all the promises in the scripture especially mark 16 v16 will be fulfilled in you and you will have no problems in life.

The other concept you need to know is that God is the totality of creation. He is both good and bad. All spirits emanate from him. As he created men, he created angels and he created the dreaded Satan. All of us, including Satan are working to fulfill his will at any point in time. With this understanding, you start to appreciate what happened in the garden of Eden better. That event was actually the plan of God for mankind. It did not happen by accident. Before God, there is no accident. Everything happens according to his will whether good or bad. Recall that God instructed Adam and Eve to multiply and fill the earth. To carry out that instruction, their state of purity had to be defiled - and that defilement was to be accomplished with the arch angel - Lucifer in operation.

In effect Adam was made to sin, just like Jesus was made to die. There is a relation between the two events - a relationship that defines God's sense of balance and justice. One leading to the other. Death by Adam, life through Jesus. The first Adam destroyed by the perfidy of a woman, the 2nd Adam born by the resoluteness of the same woman. God settles all the scores.

To him be praise and glory for ever more. Amen!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 03:36 PM

672 posts, read 536,479 times
Gather together all things in Christ, not adam !

Eph 1:9-10

9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

The Eternal Purpose of creation was to in the fulness of time gather together all things [beings] both men and angels in Christ.

Adam was not created for that purpose, for he could never had been the head of angels which were in heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity