U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-28-2011, 08:15 PM
 
672 posts, read 537,303 times
Reputation: 38

Advertisements

A corruptible Life



The Life that the elect had in Adam in the beginning was a corruptible life, capable of and indeed became corruption. ; But that life God had prepared for His chosen people for eternity was incorruptible per 1 pet 1:

4To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

This life had to come through the Last Adam, and they [ elect] had to be born of His incorruptible seed instead of Adam's corruptible seed 1 pet 1:

23Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Adam's seed was corruptible as was evidenced in the garden Gen 3, Christ seed was incorruptible as evidenced in the Christ temptation lk 4.

The elect had been Chosen in Christ [ The Last Adam] before they had been created in the First Adam, because the Last Adam, though not manifested first [ 1 jn 3:5,8] He did exist first, and He existed as the head of His body, the church col 1:

16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.


The elect by the wisdom of God, had incorruptible life given them first in Christ their preexisting head, before they were given corruptible life in their earthly head Adam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Wa
5,302 posts, read 5,294,298 times
Reputation: 420
Well I just had to come out and post something....SBSG...Adam never did represent mankind...ever. He represented the covenant. He was a priest Gen 2:15. His role was to evangelize the God of the Bible Gen 1:26;2:19. He failed. Israel apostate failed. Christ fixed it.

What about Adam?

Adam lived in the neolithic period. Gen 4:22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 PM
 
Location: Florida
5,965 posts, read 5,579,781 times
Reputation: 1584
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Anyone else see the problem with that? If Adam and Eve were Perfect then that would mean that perfect character can fail. That would mean that our trust in the True Perfect (Jesus Christ) is in vain.
Yes, I see a problem with thinking that God did not plan/intend for Adam and Eve to fail. The story of Adam and the fall only makes sense when we allow for God's sovereignty in all things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 01:55 AM
 
17,880 posts, read 8,922,914 times
Reputation: 1500
"You cannot fail that which is yet to be learned."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
 
37,615 posts, read 25,312,999 times
Reputation: 5860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"You cannot fail that which is yet to be learned."
Amen! That is the idiocy of the traditional interpretation of our first lesson in the need to discriminate between our behaviors with self-control. We had no knowledge of good and evil because that is the lesson we would learn from the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil." The idea that there actually was a tree that grew knowledge of Good and Evil that could be eaten is ludicrous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Prattville, Alabama
4,883 posts, read 5,125,140 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! That is the idiocy of the traditional interpretation of our first lesson in the need to discriminate between our behaviors with self-control. We had no knowledge of good and evil because that is the lesson we would learn from the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil." The idea that there actually was a tree that grew knowledge of Good and Evil that could be eaten is ludicrous.
But what is even more ludicrous is the fact that there are so many who actually believe this analogous/metaphoric story is a literal physical event. This completely blows my mind in this day and age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,691,394 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Have you ever wondered that if Adam would not have sinned, and lived a perfect sin free life, if He would have inherited eternal life ?


If Adam [Mankind] had remained unfallen, without transgression, then He nor men in him could have entered that Kingdom of Eternal Glory to which all believers in Christ were destined before the foundation Matt 25:

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

2 tim 4:18

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

At best, the life we had in Adam was earthly 1 cor 15:

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So if Adam would have continued perfect in the flesh and blood he was created in, He could not inherit the kingdom of God, prepared for the sheep from the foundation, remember, at his best, Adam was still flesh and blood..

hebrews 2 :

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood [In Adam], he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And scripture says this 1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So Man at His best unfallen state in flesh and blood, cannot inherit the kingdom of God..

As Jesus said, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, even Adam, in His unfallen state needed to be born again if He was to inherit the Kingdom of Glory..

The premise is irrelevant. The need for Jesus Christ is a product of the fact that Adam and Eve did sin. Even if there was prohecy in the old covenant copncerning Jesus Christ those prophecys only arose out of a need for a Saviour to deliver mankind from a state of decay.

If Adam and Eve had never sinned then the premise that they would have needed Jesus is moot.

Your point is flawed simply because you will use scripture based on the need to eliminate sin rather than a demonstration that Jesus Christ was needed if sin did not exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-29-2011, 11:44 AM
 
15,070 posts, read 7,570,925 times
Reputation: 1980
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
But what is even more ludicrous is the fact that there are so many who actually believe this analogous/metaphoric story is a literal physical event. This completely blows my mind in this day and age.
Ouch , I believed it for many, many years. I don't think its ludicrous that people still do ... but I do know, for myself, it was limiting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-30-2011, 12:40 AM
 
17,880 posts, read 8,922,914 times
Reputation: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen! That is the idiocy of the traditional interpretation of our first lesson in the need to discriminate between our behaviors with self-control. We had no knowledge of good and evil because that is the lesson we would learn from the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil." The idea that there actually was a tree that grew knowledge of Good and Evil that could be eaten is ludicrous.
I see men, but they look like trees, walking!

Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes.
His sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 AM
 
672 posts, read 537,303 times
Reputation: 38
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect !

Matt 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

After God had created Adam, the annoucement from Him was that Man was very good [Gen 1:31] , but He did not say he was perfect.

Gods Purpose for Man was beyond him just being very good, but that He would be perfect !

It was that he would be this:

Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This end was not to be found in Adam !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top