U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 08:42 AM

672 posts, read 538,134 times

Advertisements

Gal 3:21

21Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life [Eternal life], verily righteousness should have been by the law.

Those who have understanding, will realize that this scripture indicates that Eternal Life was never intended with Adam, for he was made under a law covenant. At best, Adam had he not sinned, would have continued in a state of natural life and happiness, but Gods Eternal Purpose of Eternal Life in Christ, far exceeded the Life God had designed for man, such life as the redeemed shall enjoy in heaven and the renewed earth. But this Eternal Life pertained to a Covenant of Grace, from everlasting, whereby God Promised Eternal Life Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

This Promise was before Adam was created under the covenant of works in the garden !

It was made before the world was, A Promise made to the Surety of the Covenant, Christ the Son of God, who existed as the Federal Head of His People, His Church, His Body, it was made to Him for them. He asked life of His Father for them in this Covenant, and the Father gave it to Him, even length of Days for ever and ever !

2 Tim 1:1

1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,

Ps 21:1-5

1The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!

2Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.

3For thou preventest him with the blessings of goodness: thou settest a crown of pure gold on his head.

4He asked life of thee, and thou gavest it him, even length of days for ever and ever.

5His glory is great in thy salvation: honour and majesty hast thou laid upon him.

Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2011, 08:03 AM

Adam was suppose to sin !
Many people do not understand, but Adam was suppose to sin, to make way for Gods Greater and Eternal Purpose through Christ. Eph 3:9-11,8

9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Adam was created subservient to the Eternal Redemptive Purpose of Christ and the Mystery of the Gentiles.

8Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

That is, Adams sin and bringing sin into the world was needful and important for the grander purpose of preaching the unsearchable riches of Christ !

Old 07-16-2011, 10:53 AM

37,661 posts, read 25,371,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Matt 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect ! Matt 5:48

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

After God had created Adam, the annoucement from Him was that Man was very good [Gen 1:31] , but He did not say he was perfect.

Gods Purpose for Man was beyond him just being very good, but that He would be perfect !

It was that he would be this:

Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This end was not to be found in Adam !
The word perfect you are making so much about incorrectly . . . actually means mature. Our species was just born spiritually and our task was to mature spiritually . . . that required we know the difference between good and evil. Thanks to those who have retained the ancient ignorance of our carnal ancestors there has been virtually no progress for over 2000 years.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:11 PM

mystic:

Quote:
The word perfect you are making so much about incorrectly . . . actually means mature.
I know what the word means. So does it mean be ye mature as your Heavenly Father is mature ?

Old 07-16-2011, 01:29 PM

2,705 posts, read 2,515,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I'd like to know what it's like to have no knowledge of good and evil - since that's all we're consumed with now.
Small children are pre-moral and thus lack this knowledge, but small children invariably grow up and lose their innocence. As we become adults we come to know good from evil, one way or another. We come to understand the world and the human condition and are much sadder for it.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
mystic:
I know what the word means. So does it mean be ye mature as your Heavenly Father is mature ?
Obviously since we are children and God is our Father . . . he is the adult Spirit and our goal is to become adult Spirits also.

Old 07-16-2011, 01:43 PM

mystic:

Quote:
Obviously since we are children and God is our Father
#1. All men have not God as their Father, as seen by the words of Jesus Christ Himself. Jn 8:42

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Does that sound like they had God as their Father to you ?

Jesus tells them who their Father is vs 44

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

And secondly, The completeness, the maturity, the perfection Jesus commands was not in Adam..It is in Christ..

Old 07-16-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
mystic:
#1. All men have not God as their Father, as seen by the words of Jesus Christ Himself. Jn 8:42
42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
It is not a commentary on their parentage . . . it is a revelation of His parentage and a chastisement about the correct attitudes and behaviors a child of God should have toward Him as the Son of God.
Quote:
Jesus tells them who their Father is vs 44
44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
He is explaining the source of their attitudes and behaviors . . . not their parentage.Your evil satanic seed doctrine has no support or credibility in scripture or in the revealed Word of God Jesus Christ.
Quote:
And secondly, The completeness, the maturity, the perfection Jesus commands was not in Adam..It is in Christ..
OF course it wasn't. Adam had just been born. He was a spiritual INFANT. Christ is the spiritual ADULT that we are to emulate and follow.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:57 AM

mystic:

Quote:
It is not a commentary on their parentage
No, but it is God's word which you are evidencing you cannot receive..

Old 07-17-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
mystic:
No, but it is God's word which you are evidencing you cannot receive..
I receive it just fine. I understand Christ's unambiguous example and message of God's love for us ALL . . . even the ones who scourged and crucified Him. "Father forgive them they know not what they do." YOU are the one who is unable to receive God's word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity