Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM

672 posts, read 665,105 times

Advertisements

Have you ever wondered that if Adam would not have sinned, and lived a perfect sin free life, if He would have inherited eternal life ?

If Adam [Mankind] had remained unfallen, without transgression, then He nor men in him could have entered that Kingdom of Eternal Glory to which all believers in Christ were destined before the foundation Matt 25:

34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

2 tim 4:18

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

At best, the life we had in Adam was earthly 1 cor 15:

46Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So if Adam would have continued perfect in the flesh and blood he was created in, He could not inherit the kingdom of God, prepared for the sheep from the foundation, remember, at his best, Adam was still flesh and blood..

hebrews 2 :

14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood [In Adam], he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

And scripture says this 1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

So Man at His best unfallen state in flesh and blood, cannot inherit the kingdom of God..

As Jesus said, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, even Adam, in His unfallen state needed to be born again if He was to inherit the Kingdom of Glory..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 04:22 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savedbysovereigngrace View Post
Have you ever wondered that if Adam would not have sinned, and lived a perfect sin free life, if He would have inherited eternal life ?
Adam and Eve already had eternal life; they were made to live forever. If they would have lived free from sin, our earth would be paradise today, not chaos. God intended for them to always walk in holiness. This intention has not changed for the Church of Jesus Christ today; we are to walk in holiness, which is free from sin.

Last edited by scgraham; 04-19-2010 at 04:35 PM..

Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,174,444 times
I'd like to know what it's like to have no knowledge of good and evil - since that's all we're consumed with now.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:32 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Adam and Eve already had eternal life; they were made to live forever. If they would have lived free from sin, our earth would be paradise today, not chaos. God intended from them to always walk in holiness. This intention has not changed for the Church of Jesus Christ today; we are to walk in holiness, which is free from sin.
Except we are told that it is first natural ....... then spiritual

The plan was always that life (spiritual) was through Christ.

1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Old 04-19-2010, 04:46 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,910 times
Adam and Eve already knew Jesus. They lived and walked in His love and holiness. There was no veil that separated them from God. Had they continued to live free from sin, Jesus' blood sacrifice would not have been necessary.

We were all born slaves to the devil because of Adam's transgression; we are in the devil's grip of sin. But, Jesus came to break the devil's bondage. Jesus said, Ye must be born again. We must be restored back into God's image, which is holiness. This can only be accomplished through Jesus' shed blood. Water can't wash away our sins, nor can church membership. The power is in Jesus' divine blood to set us free from the devil's stronghold. Without which, no man shall see the Lord. A child of God now has the power over the devil and sin. He/she is victorious because of the Lamb of God.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:03 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Adam and Eve already knew Jesus. They lived and walked in His love and holiness. There was no veil that separated them from God. Had they continued to live free from sin, Jesus' blood sacrifice would not have been necessary.

We were all born slaves to the devil because of Adam's transgression; we are in the devil's grip of sin. But, Jesus came to break the devil's bondage. Jesus said, Ye must be born again. We must be restored back into God's image, which is holiness. This can only be accomplished through Jesus' shed blood. Water can't wash away our sins, nor can church membership. The power is in Jesus' divine blood to set us free from the devil's stronghold. Without which, no man shall see the Lord. A child of God now has the power over the devil and sin. He/she is victorious because of the Lamb of God.
Born again in the spirit. The cross was the culmination of God's LOVE for mankind. The sinless Son of man ransomed mankind from the bondage of death and gave the spirit of God again to us...so that we may live...

Isaiah 53:1-12
5 But he was wounded for OUR transgressions, he was bruised for OUR iniquities: the chastisement of OUR peace was upon him; and with his stripes we ARE healed. Our Father, thy WILL be done on EARTH as it is in HEAVEN...

Blessings...

Old 04-19-2010, 07:55 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Have you ever wondered that if Adam would not have sinned, and lived a perfect sin free life, if He would have inherited eternal life?
I believe he would have never suffered either physical death or spiritual death. In other words, he would still be in the Garden of Eden in exactly the same state as he was when first placed there. (I imagine he'd be getting kind of bored by now. ) He and Eve would be alone, though, according to my beliefs. None of us would have ever been born.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM

scg:

Quote:
Adam and Eve already had eternal life;
Scripture please.

rom 6:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eternal life is through Jesus Christ, never Adam.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I believe he would have never suffered either physical death or spiritual death. In other words, he would still be in the Garden of Eden in exactly the same state as he was when first placed there. (I imagine he'd be getting kind of bored by now. ) He and Eve would be alone, though, according to my beliefs. None of us would have ever been born.
At His best, Adam was Flesh and Blood, and paul writes 1 cor 15:

50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

The Kingdom is Heavenly 2 tim 4:8

And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
At His best, Adam was Flesh and Blood, and paul writes 1 cor 15:

The Kingdom is Heavenly 2 tim 4:8

I'm not sure whether you were agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity