U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 02:16 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,244,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Verna, based on what you wrote, I understand how difficult it was for you to leave.

The last place I left was very hard, while I never agreed with everything at this church, I do not think anyone has to in order to make a difference. I had a great time there for the most part, problem was things started taking shape that simply outweighed the joy I had and the good I believed I was doing.

Because of feeling the need to stick it out under all circumstances that allowed some emotional abuse to take place against me that in the end only caused my pressure cooker to blow and much more damage took place than if I was free to go where I needed to go.

Again, I am really glad to read when people understand this kind of freedom, the freedom to leave places that abuse without the baggage attached that somehow you let God down.

You did not let God down, you stood up and made a statement that you will not tolerate abuse.
Thank you Phaze......thank you for saying this to me...it's exactly how I feel too...you do understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Sister take the time to rest and then find a new church. One that still stands in His truth. A remnant yet remains of the faithful and true. If you need me I can still be reached at any time. I am studying under a new source if you would like just let me know. I still check the messages daily.

After all that youve been thru there Im glad you moved on. There is a movement in the emergent church that wants us removed. It is getting more and more difficult to tell friend from foe. I encourage you to continue your search I know you will find the remnant close to your home.
Thank you so much Aschultz for your kind words..and your offer..., I appreciate it a lot...I know your just a thought away...and I love that.

...I'm just going to bask in His presence for now though...and He is SO here with me...I feel His love all over me...I didn't realize how much stress I was under until it was gone...it was difficult all of Sunday...sitting here instead of being there...(a tender time)..and Monday was tough too, but a little less tough...until last night...I felt so much peace in my mind and in my heart...I knew God was pleased...that now He can lead me forward...Praise God...He's so good...

Old 04-20-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's great Verna, I know you've been very tortured at this church for a long time now. God has bigger and better plans for you.
Thank you Ilene......this means a great deal to me coming from you......you have touched my heart...I do love you.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Verna, I know how you feel and know God is at work in your life. He has more for you.
Thanks Eusebius......I appreciate your heart...and your encouragement...it means a lot to me.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
In following Him, we will suffer rejection and sorrow - just as He did - but often He uses these times to do a work of grace in us that only the "wounds of a friend" can do. The result of His dealings will produce a spirit of joy in any storm, and the ability to face injustice with a heart of love toward those who persecute us (think of Calvary).

Verna, this may sound strange coming from an "exiter" myself (and in a school of my own currently), but get before the Lord and ask Him to deal with the part of you that suffered the hurt in this process. These can be the most precious times with Him, as He leads us into new dwellings.

God bless.
......sweet little elmer...you make me cry...love you.

...I am wounded...and I do feel rejected...but I'm not bleeding.........it's been really hard...but I have learned to love even stronger those who God has put into my life to teach me through the most difficult of circumstances...love, joy, peace, kindness, forgiveness, long-suffering, temperance, gentleness...it's all worth it......

Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,571,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...it's all worth it......
Indeed, amen.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM

3,582 posts, read 459,739 times
Verna,

I am so pleased that you have released yourself from that situation - being in a position of stress, and feeling condemnation from those around you is not a healthy place to continue in. I do understand your concern for them and while you will have planted seeds in some of those that are receptive, for your growth and health it was indeed time to move on. Love you

Old 04-20-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Verna,

I am so pleased that you have released yourself from that situation - being in a position of stress, and feeling condemnation from those around you is not a healthy place to continue in. I do understand your concern for them and while you will have planted seeds in some of those that are receptive, for your growth and health it was indeed time to move on. Love you
meerkat......you're special........and I love you too...thank you for being who you are.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:35 PM

37,615 posts, read 25,307,232 times
Verna,
This opportunity for one-on-one time with Jesus without the stress and distraction of your conflicts with the church is precious. Use it to truly experience the love of God in your heart and know that you are loved by us all in Christ. Be well, Mystic

Old 04-20-2010, 03:39 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,593,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Verna,
This opportunity for one-on-one time with Jesus without the stress and distraction of your conflicts with the church is precious. Use it to truly experience the love of God in your heart and know that you are loved by us all in Christ. Be well, Mystic
Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity