U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 03:25 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,406,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The scriptures are there. and the word of Jesus should have precedents over UR churches, all teachers, and preachers and even other scripture that may contradict itself,,,,,,, I see that UR is to legalist and maybe to dry in the Power of Holy Spirit.......I see that UR have some truth that Jesus with the Love of God but they need to stop blaming God for the scriptures on Hell....... I see UR a to scary for my belief.... But I belief that Jesus has a plan for UR but I Do not know what it is......
If you think the scriptures are there, post'em. Every so-called "eternal hell" verse I've seen has been answered from the UR perspective. Most of the so-called "eternal hell" verses aren't talking about hell or eternity. I wouldn't believe in UR if it wasn't backed 100% by the scriptures.

I'm not sure what you mean "blaming God for the scriptures on hell"... all scriptures using the specific word "hell" are mistranslations - and they are that way because of MAN, not GOD.

I'm not sure why you see UR is "a to scary" belief. Perhaps you would just rather believe in ET to be on the safe side? I'm not sure what you meant exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM

3,576 posts, read 454,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Is this a joke to all of you? So it seems........the fruit is evident here indeed.
No .......

Old 04-21-2010, 03:32 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,555,893 times
God's efficiency is on the same level as everything else about Him - far above anything we can comprehend. Everything serves a purpose; the fire - which He is - will accomplish its desired outcome.

He will make man is His own image.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
God's efficiency is on the same level as everything else about Him - far above anything we can comprehend. Everything serves a purpose; the fire - which He is - will accomplish its desired outcome.

He will make man is His own image.
And he will make all of us like it too ..... we will be willingly subjected to HIS will.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:41 PM

58,494 posts, read 31,888,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
hey Finn, This thread was for you
You said it yourself: this has been discussed eight million times. On the other thread I was only commenting to someone else's post, but then of course all my posts were deleted.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:43 PM

I dunno - I never saw your post but was your comment relevant to Ilenes question to those that believe in UR to explain why THEY believe as they do.

The thread was started by Ilene for a specific purpose -- I am all for ANY thread to be moderated to stay on topic --------

Old 04-21-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
ETers will never be able to explain how God being all-powerful and all-loving, can purpose or allow people to be tormented forever.
The "Eternal Tormenters" (what a disrespectful name) don't have to prove anything, because the proof is in the Bible, and it has been pointed out to you eight million times.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:46 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The "Eternal Tormenters" (what a disrespectful name) don't have to prove anything, because the proof is in the Bible.
Yet UR can prove it with the bible ... This thread is the appropriate place to put those verses you think prove without a doubt that hell exists to torture people ceaselessly... why you would want to prove that is another thread....

Old 04-21-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yet UR can prove it with the bible AND simple reasoning skills...
Well, go on and prove it on the other thread then. You are off topic, and your posts ought to be deleted.

Old 04-21-2010, 03:51 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,389,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, go on and prove it on the other thread then. You are off topic, and your posts ought to be deleted.
Oops.. I edited it seconds after you quoted...

Anyway the point was that you say you can prove it and this is the right thread to post those proofs so why don't you...

You continually want to tell URers what they believe but have trouble listening when they tell you what they REALLY believe... now is your chance to straighten that out... why won't you do it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity