Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 05:43 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,463,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I have clarified it several times already, yet the word twisting continues.
Perhaps you MIS-clarified it...

Israel was given an infinite number of chances and still is being given chances. As you said, Israel never perished completely. Yet you say that sinners will perish and be tormented for eternity?

The point is that Israel is not a good example of humans perishing AND burning in everlasting fire.

Probably should use a better argument and we would be able to understand more correctly how you are not wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 06:06 AM

76,829 posts, read 47,146,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Probably should use a better argument and we would be able to understand more correctly how you are not wrong.
No, if you still don't understand what I meant, you never will. Just let it go. I don't have time for spin and twist games.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:17 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,711,184 times
Quote:
I have clarified it several times already, yet the word twisting continues.
Quote:
No, if you still don't understand what I meant, you never will. Just let it go. I don't have time for spin and twist games.

Okay, i am still curious to hear your answer to my questions.

I wrote ...

"So then, those of Israel who rejected Christ and did not believe will not perish, but anyone else who does not believe will perish ... Is that what you are saying?"

And if that is what you are saying ...

"Is God a respecter of persons then? That he should forgive Israel who did not believe, yet not others?""

Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Okay, i am still curious to hear your answer to my questions.

I wrote ...

"So then, those of Israel who rejected Christ and did not believe will not perish, but anyone else who does not believe will perish ... Is that what you are saying?""

What? Where do you get these ideas? How come you always come in to bicker about some detail about someone's post when you full well know what the poster meant? You insist on disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. It is very tiresome.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,398,316 times
Matt 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Who are His people?

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.

Yes He is the propitation for the elect as John states, but also for every sin of all time. His sacrfice was universal atonement....but still.....is this atonement automatic without reverence?

Or is it? What say the scriptures.......who are His People?

Romans 10:13;. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come, And whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely.

The word "whosoever" is used at least 110 times in the New Testament and always with the unrestricted meaning. It takes faith to be saved, to be His people. Once one recognizes the payment received by Christ through the seed of the gospel in them, he is saved.
The scripture supports this, as it always has.

Universal atonement with a increasing elect.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM

11,696 posts, read 3,551,026 times
Quote:
What? Where do you get these ideas? How come you always come in to bicker about some detail about someone's post when you full well know what the poster meant? You insist on disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing. It is very tiresome.
Finn

Those ideas are coming from what you posted.

Why is Israel an example of what will happen to unbelievers ---- if you say that Israel has not perished?

And how can perishing be the same as being tormented forever

Old 04-23-2010, 02:27 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,077,652 times
Faith is from God, not ourselves.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Finn

Those ideas are coming from what you posted.

Why is Israel an example of what will happen to unbelievers ---- if you say that Israel has not perished?

And how can perishing be the same as being tormented forever
You have not comprehended what has been said on this thread and you cling to somethig you think you can disagree about and use against me. You people keep asking "how can loving God do this and that". Well, our loving God has done many things, and some are mentioned on this very thread, the flood for example, and what has happened to Israel on many occations. And he WILL punish unbelievers.

Yes, it is very tiresome having to explain the same things to you guys over and over. Even now that I have explained it for the hundedth time, someone will ask the same questions again and again.

You are defining the word "bicker", "repetition" and the phrase "beating the dead horse".

Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM

11,696 posts, read 3,551,026 times
Quote:
You have not comprehended what has been said on this thread and you cling to somethig you think you can disagree about and use against me. You people keep asking "how can loving God do this and that". Well, our loving God has done many things, and some are mentioned on this very thread, the flood for example, and what has happened to Israel on many occations. And he WILL punish unbelievers.

Yes, it is very tiresome having to explain the same things to you guys over and over. Even now that I have explained it for the hundedth time, someone will ask the same questions again and again.

You are defining the word "bicker", "repetition" and the phrase "beating the dead horse".
What is resurrection?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
What is resurrection?
It's a little town in Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity