U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:12 PM

5,755 posts, read 4,605,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I'm Baptist and I was taught somewhere along the way that animals can't go to heaven since they don't have souls, and since they don't have the ability to accept Christ as their Savior. Now that I believe in the restitution of all things, I do believe that all creation will be reconciled to Him, and that includes the animals, IMO. He knows when a little sparrow falls from the sky. He created them before He even created people. He let Adam name them. So I believe that animals are very important to God. When I look into the eyes of my pets it's like what they say, "The eyes are the windows to the soul."
God has given me great peace and absolute assurance of this. It's a beautiful revelation that he walked me through over the past year.
What a wonderful God we have. His glory far surpasses what our human minds can comprehend.

You could drag me over hot coats over and over and I will not turn my back on the beautiful picture of hope that He has placed into my heart. Love is never in vain. Lover never ends. If anyone is having troubles with this topic or is hurting over this, please direct message me.

peace,
sparrow

EDIT... HAHA!!! Oh my that is so funny. I'm going to leave my spelling mistake in there because it's too funny.
I meant to say hot COALS not HOT COATS...

teehee...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,392,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
God has given me great peace and absolute assurance of this. It's a beautiful revelation that he walked me through over the past year.
What a wonderful God we have. His glory far surpasses what our human minds can comprehend.

You could drag me over hot coats over and over and I will not turn my back on the beautiful picture of hope that He has placed into my heart. Love is never in vain. Lover never ends. If anyone is having troubles with this topic or is hurting over this, please direct message me.

peace,
sparrow

EDIT... HAHA!!! Oh my that is so funny. I'm going to leave my spelling mistake in there because it's too funny.
I meant to say hot COALS not HOT COATS...

teehee...
I'm actually a little chilly right now. A hot coat sounds nice.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM

5,755 posts, read 4,605,909 times
heehee...
I have a feeling that's going to be my new saying.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:03 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,973,589 times
My faith and hope in the absolute glorious beauty of heaven is confirmed by my observation that we humans have an inate desire to amplify beauty that is around us. As if somehow we know things aren't quite what they were meant to be.
Why is that I'm disturbed by the lack of symetry in my woods. That I wish all the trees, the bushes and shrubs were all working together in unity instead of competing with each other for sun light and water.
Whatever is on earth, is merely a reflection, or a copy of it's true self.

And for what ever reason my two little terriers are here, it's only a reflection of what God truely intended for them. Whatever is perfect about them will one day be discovered.

And if that means, I'll be able to perfectly throw the perfect frisbee on a perfect meadow to my little buddies, then so be it.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:09 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I have a Golden Retriever, too! By the way, what do you mean by "soul-like qualities"?
I had a golden retriever for 8 years and she died last fall of breast cancer. Turns out, if you get them spade later than a year of age or so, the chances of that greatly increase. No one ever told me and we waited because she was AKC-registered and we thought we might breed her. Then she got out of the fence and had puppies with an AKC-registered lab. Her puppies were great and we kept one and still have her - Amazing Grace, AKA "Gracie."

We also have two cats that I adore. Is it just me, or do we have a lot of cats on this forum? Katzpur, SisterKat ,MeerKat2, and Katjonjj? Watch out, Sparrow!

Better get back to the thread. I hope to see all my sweet pets again someday. I have no way to know if I will, but there's nothing wrong with hoping so.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:10 PM

21,439 posts, read 29,621,562 times
Quote:
I had a golden retriever for 8 years and she died last fall of breast cancer. Turns out, if you get them spade later than a year of age or so, the chances of that greatly increase. No one ever told me and we waited because she was AKC-registered and we thought we might breed her. Then she got out of the fence and had puppies with an AKC-registered lab. Her puppies were great and we kept one and still have her - Amazing Grace, AKA "Gracie."

We also have two cats that I adore. Is it just me, or do we have a lot of cats on this forum? Katzpur, SisterKat ,MeerKat2, and Katjonjj? Watch out, Sparrow!

Better get back to the thread. I hope to see all my sweet pets again someday. I have no way to know if I will, but there's nothing wrong with hoping so.
I believe we will see our pets in Heaven.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:20 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,726,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
My faith and hope in the absolute glorious beauty of heaven is confirmed by my observation that we humans have an inate desire to amplify beauty that is around us. As if somehow we know things aren't quite what they were meant to be.
Why is that I'm disturbed by the lack of symetry in my woods. That I wish all the trees, the bushes and shrubs were all working together in unity instead of competing with each other for sun light and water.
Whatever is on earth, is merely a reflection, or a copy of it's true self.

And for what ever reason my two little terriers are here, it's only a reflection of what God truely intended for them. Whatever is perfect about them will one day be discovered.

And if that means, I'll be able to perfectly throw the perfect frisbee on a perfect meadow to my little buddies, then so be it.
I love that. I like to think of the analogy of us being seeds. Think of a seed and then the rose that it becomes. I can't even imagine what we will be like when we are changed from the "seed" we are now. I think the same will be true for all creation.

I had a dream once and there were the most beautiful trees covered in fall leaves, and right beside them were trees with spring blossoms. There were rolling hills and a lake sparkling brighter than what I've ever seen. It was beautiful and I felt like I caught a little glimpse of heaven.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 9,852,493 times
Sola gratia:
grace is always efficacious without any cooperation by man
salvation comes by God's grace or "unmerited favor" only not as something merited by the sinner.
salvation is an unearned gift from God
salvation is by grace and to the exclusion of gratia universalis (that God seriously wills the salvation of all people).

Sola fide:
justification (interpreted in Protestant\Lutheran theology as, "being declared perfect, holy by God"), is received by faith only without any mixture of or need for good works
it is the means by which one is Justified
But a saving faith is expresses itself by our love for our neighbor and for God
But a saving faith is expresses itself by trusting in Solus Christus (Christ Alone)

Old 04-21-2010, 09:25 PM

37,666 posts, read 25,376,756 times
Quote:
I love that. I like to think of the analogy of us being seeds. Think of a seed and then the rose that it becomes. I can't even imagine what we will be like when we are changed from the "seed" we are now. I think the same will be true for all creation.
We were a "seed" at birth . . . the "seed" of our Spirit. We are now "spiritual embryos" maturing to our eventual rebirth as Spirit upon our physical death.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:30 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,973,589 times
Quote:

I had a dream once and there were the most beautiful trees covered in fall leaves, and right beside them were trees with spring blossoms. There were rolling hills and a lake sparkling brighter than what I've ever seen. It was beautiful and I felt like I caught a little glimpse of heaven.
Sounds like heaven to me.

I doubt my dogs have any such "visions".
That the possession we have, of a vision of heaven, is uniquely human.
Perhaps, therin lies a distinction between we "children" of God, and creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or