U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 PM

5,754 posts, read 4,605,036 times

Advertisements

Animals run from us for a reason.

For the creation awaits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God.

The glory to be revealed....
I see a truly magnificent picture.
Creation itself will be set free from it's bondage to corruption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 09:48 PM

21,310 posts, read 20,998,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
(My husband never went to church as long as I have known him, and he doesn't discuss Mormonism with me, so I think that is about all I know about Mormonism, besides people getting their own planets)
By the way, the part about "people getting their own planets"... you didn't hear that from a Mormon, did you? I thought not.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Is it just me, or do we have a lot of cats on this forum? Katzpur, SisterKat ,MeerKat2, and Katjonjj?
We have your surrounded, sparrow!

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-21-2010 at 10:01 PM..

Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

3,540 posts, read 5,973,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
By the way, the part about "people getting their own planets"... you didn't hear that from a Mormon, did you? I thought not.
What?

No planet?

I'm sure you've heard the saying;
"You should never have to buy a boat. Just have a freind who hs one"

Well, I was kinda hoping that I could find a friend with a planet who could set aside enough space for...say an 18 hole golf course?

Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 PM

823 posts, read 1,084,720 times
[quote=Bright Hope for Tomorrow;13844897]
We also have two cats that I adore. Is it just me, or do we have a lot of cats on this forum? Katzpur, SisterKat ,MeerKat2, and Katjonjj? Watch out, Sparrow!

That is hilarious ! I think all of these Kats will be in heaven

Old 04-21-2010, 09:57 PM

5,754 posts, read 4,605,036 times
I would walk across hot coats for all you kats.
and you know it. This sparrow is not afraid of you kats..

Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 PM

823 posts, read 1,084,720 times
Quote:
I have a Golden Retriever, too! By the way, what do you mean by "soul-like qualities"?
I am looking for what I read to understand it more myself. I hope to find it and will post.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:00 PM

I have a question for Catholics. I know that Protestants, for the most part, believe in Sola Scriptura, while Catholics do not. I understand -- in general terms -- that they believe instead in scripture plus holy tradition. What I would like to know is how tradition is established. I mean, as a Mormon, it makes sense to me that there are sources of truth other than the Bible. But how does the Catholic Church go about incorporating holy tradition into its doctrine? I wish I had some specific examples to give you, but the only thing that comes to mind right now are what I believe are known as the Marian doctrines. I'm thinking of things like Mary's immaculate conception, her perpetual virginity, her bodily ascension into Heaven, etc. They seem to have gained "official" status at various times throughout the history of the Church as opposed to having all been believed and practiced from the beginning. I'm wondering why these things would have just become doctrinal hundreds of years after Christ's death. I'm assuming it is "tradition" that they have always been taught, but how is this validated? Did my question make any sense at all?

Old 04-21-2010, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
What?

No planet?

I'm sure you've heard the saying;
"You should never have to buy a boat. Just have a freind who hs one"

Well, I was kinda hoping that I could find a friend with a planet who could set aside enough space for...say an 18 hole golf course?
That's what my husband wants, but I keep telling him, "THERE IS NO GOLF IN HEAVEN!!!!" I've had enough of being a golf widow already!

Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,392,057 times
Quote:
Actually, yes. My husband. But ruling a planet or something like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or