Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2010, 02:49 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
It seems to me that there are thousands of spiritual pathways and just as many interpretations of what feeling the Heavenly Father's Love is like. It is wonderful for us to share our feelings so others may get a glimmer of the possibilities of what to expect when they open their souls to wanting to know more about the Gift of Divine Grace and how to become at-One with God.

Sometimes I get a glimmer of why there are so many different points of view and I've come to the conclusion that it's because there are so many different levels of soul development, mind sets, beliefs, spiritual indoctrinations, etc. No wonder it's difficult to describe the grandeur of the God's Divine Love or even that It is available to every person through the earnest longings of their humble soul.

God will continue to bless all beloved souls with equal opportunity to become at-One with Him in Love. It is up to each individual person to seek truth with heartfelt sincerity and strive to develop the highest potential of their soul.

I continue seeking to develop my soul in God's Love and hoping to become a better example of love being manifested in my daily living.

God bless you each and every one. I pray that you are having a joyous and love-filled day.

PS: No one had responded to how they feel God's Love.....would love to hear from you
Very beautiful post. And i agree with you.

Regarding "feeling" God's love;

There seems to be as many ways of experiencing God's love, as there are people.

I have attended many services, from an austere trappist monestary to a huge inner city rockin and rollin baptist church, to an orthodox jewish wedding.

I have had moments of extasy during meditation, I have sung my lungs out at a promise keepers event, and cried with men during moments of confession and reconciliation. I have sat quietly in awe, and have also experienced the terror of the dark night of the soul.

My "feelings" have swung to and fro. My intellect has proclaimed absolute understanding to childlike simplicity.

I'm human. Made up of mind, body, and emotion. All of which are subject to change.

But my faith in a God who never changes is unwavering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
On another thread, a poster mentioned the Baha'i faith. If anyone is Baha'i can you explain the fundamentals to me?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
On another thread, a poster mentioned the Baha'i faith. If anyone is Baha'i can you explain the fundamentals to me?
Here's a link that I found:

The Bahá'ís: What is the Bahá’Ã* Faith?

Old 05-03-2010, 04:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Very beautiful post. And i agree with you.

Regarding "feeling" God's love;

There seems to be as many ways of experiencing God's love, as there are people.

I have attended many services, from an austere trappist monestary to a huge inner city rockin and rollin baptist church, to an orthodox jewish wedding.

I have had moments of extasy during meditation, I have sung my lungs out at a promise keepers event, and cried with men during moments of confession and reconciliation. I have sat quietly in awe, and have also experienced the terror of the dark night of the soul.

My "feelings" have swung to and fro. My intellect has proclaimed absolute understanding to childlike simplicity.

I'm human. Made up of mind, body, and emotion. All of which are subject to change.

But my faith in a God who never changes is unwavering.
Hi Ans....thank you for sharing and I am thrilled to see that you get the same feelings as I.

Oakback....that mad me shed a tear.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Someone already provided a link, so I won't attempt to explain anything that the site linked to could not probably do a better job of. I will say, though, that if I were ever to leave Christianity (fat chance ), I'd join the Baha'i Faith.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Someone already provided a link, so I won't attempt to explain anything that the site linked to could not probably do a better job of. I will say, though, that if I were ever to leave Christianity (fat chance ), I'd join the Baha'i Faith.
The link is informative. It seems that since they believe "
These Messengers of the Lord of creation have, one and all, directed their peoples to turn unto the same direction" (Bahá'u'lláh) and "God is the ultimate Reality, Creator of the universe, Whose nature is unknowable and inaccessible to humankind. Such designations as God, Allah, Yahweh, Brahma all refer to the One Divine Being. We learn about God through His Messengers, Who teach and guide humanity."

I have to agree. This is what it means that God is ALL in ALL. All men knowing the same God regardless of whether they identify with Jesus or Bahaullah or call that entity Allah or Yahweh...

God is God, we cannot change that by what WE call him.

Old 05-04-2010, 03:52 PM

I found this to be informative:
YouTube - Love Casts Out Fear.wmv

Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
It's the loving God so beautifully expressed in that video, that I place my trust in.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:45 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,957,386 times
*sigh* Speaking of videos...

Look what's going on in the Religion and Philosophy thread right now: The video Mormons don't want you to see.

It's days like this that I want to just hang it all up.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
*sigh* Speaking of videos...

Look what's going on in the Religion and Philosophy thread right now: The video Mormons don't want you to see.

It's days like this that I want to just hang it all up.
I can see why! Who put that video together?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity