Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Yes, it was the first time. It's been on my bucket list ever since I was a teenager. I always wanted to do it, but could never find anyone who wanted to go with me. I just kept talking myself out of it. But you know how it is when you're on vacation... You just do things you wouldn't normally do.
wow!
skydiving!
on your 40th anniversary no less.

you got me beat, even if you were married at 10 years old
I did it when I was 18.

good for you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 08:51 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
wow!
skydiving!
on your 40th anniversary no less.

you got me beat, even if you were married at 10 years old
I did it when I was 18.

good for you
LOL! Actually, I got married when I was 21. My husband was 27. So, he's now 67 (68 next month) and I'm 61 (62 and retiring in September). Skydiving is totally a rush, isn't it? The freefall was not at all what I had expected. Talk about intense!!!! My husband wouldn't do it, though. He just stayed on the ground and watched me. You know what they do now? They have a separate person from your tandem master jump at the same time as you do. He has a video recorded strapped to his head and takes a close-up video of you the whole time you're free-falling. So I have a permanent record of the event.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,111,753 times
Quote:
LOL! Actually, I got married when I was 21. My husband was 27. So, he's now 67 (68 next month) and I'm 61 (62 and retiring in September). Skydiving is totally a rush, isn't it? The freefall was not at all what I had expected. Talk about intense!!!! My husband wouldn't do it, though. He just stayed on the ground and watched me. You know what they do now? They have a separate person from your tandem master jump at the same time as you do. He has a video recorded strapped to his head and takes a close-up video of you the whole time you're free-falling. So I have a permanent record of the event.
Wow! I thought I was adventurous for going whitewater rafting last week! You're brave!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Wow! I thought I was adventurous for going whitewater rafting last week! You're brave!
I love whitewater rafting! It's one of my favorite things to do. Where did you do it? (Be sure to tie your answer in with the OP. )

Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I am trying to avoid the dissent and discord
I understand. But, like ans57 said, it's sowing seed. I know if it hadn't been for you guys DEBATING on City-Data I might have just stayed on my dark and lonely path. I was truly confused. Watching the way you all handled the "tough nuts" helped me out quite a bit. My entire life has been changed because of UR. I have been, let's say, defused, deflated, emptied out, and filled up again with something much bigger than myself.

I'm sure it must be tiring to say the same things over and over though. Sometimes we just have to move on.

Quote:
Hello kat, kat, kat, etc. and everybody else. I haven't posted for the last ten days because my hubby and I took a wonderful vacation to Hawaii to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary (June 17). We just got back today. I am beat from taking a red-eye home, but had an absolutely fabulous time. I even went skydiving over the north shore of Oahu! I free-fell for one full minute at 120 miles an hour for a total of 9000 feet. (Is it off-topic to mention that? )
It must have been beautiful skydiving in Hawaii! I'm glad you had a great time and you are safely back home.

Skydiving is one thing I swore I would never do. It would probably give me a heart attack. I guess we should never say never, though. I've learned that much.

Last edited by herefornow; 06-20-2010 at 11:09 PM..

Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

I'm sure it must be tiring to say the same things over and over though. Sometimes we just have to move on.

Not moving on ... but I am needing a reprieve from the constant head on UR vs ET mindset --- for me I have learned a lot from this forum -- not just UR and at times I would like the focus to be more than just UR's vs ET's

Old 06-20-2010, 11:29 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Not moving on ... but I am needing a reprieve from the constant head on UR vs ET mindset --- for me I have learned a lot from this forum -- not just UR and at times I would like the focus to be more than just UR's vs ET's
Oh, good.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:32 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Welcome Home Katzpur and Happy Anniversary.....now to stay on the OP how do you think we all may pray differently after jumping out of a plane skydiving ? Do you think our prayers would be different being a Mormon, Catholic, JW, Eter or URer ?

Hawaii one of my most favourite places on this Earth......I had an adventure there with my hubby and 4 sons last year.....surfing lessons, ATVing on a mountainside, but skydiving - you have me beat there!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:03 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
It's been close to 30 years since I jumped out of a plane.And I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I had never flown in a plane when I went, so I could tell people I had taken off in a plane, but never landed.

When the shoot opened, instead of aiming for the landing site, I turned here and there to get a good view because it was so peaceful up there.
Ended up way overshooting the landing zone, and ended up in a farmer's string bean field.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
how do you think we all may pray differently after jumping out of a plane skydiving ?
My thoughts would be filled with:

Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God!!!

I confess I was thinking that as I flew over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter. Years later, I took my wife to repeat the flight - in all seriousness, there was a crash a few months after that trip - with no survivors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity