U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-22-2010, 03:42 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,302,316 times
I's like to ask a couple of questions of someone who believes in the trinity.

1. Is the trinity closed? By that I mean-- when you are in heaven and one with God, for the sake of the question I'm trying to ask, would the first human to become one with God be number 4.

2. What Scripture says God the Son and God the Holy Spirit / Ghost?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Status: " Attacks only in self defense is more than 1 person's right" (set 9 days ago)

9,354 posts, read 4,760,089 times
oooppps............i typo also.
there is a John 21:25

Old 04-22-2010, 06:29 PM

823 posts, read 602,348 times
Default Ecstasy of the Soul

The one common denominator that we have is that we Love God.

Can one really describe an "ecstasy of the soul"? For me, when I pray to God and am blessed by his Holy Spirit, I often will get the "goosebumps". This particular happening has no counterpart; it is unmatched among human events. But once it occurs, one knows beyond any doubt what the "new heart" really is and there is no mistaking it for anything else.

I am curious of what you feel with your new heart?

Last edited by SisterKat; 04-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: said the same thing twice

Old 04-22-2010, 06:32 PM

13,782 posts, read 9,308,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Katzpur...you and I had discussed the Celestial Heavens (the highest of heavens) on another thread. Do Mormon's believe that the door to the highest of heavens will always be open?
No, once the Last Judgment has taken place, things will be pretty much fixed. (That's why it's the Last Judgment. Since entrance into each of the three kingdoms is determined by worthiness, entrance into the Celestial Kingdom by someone who had been in a lower kingdom would have to be preceded by another judgment, which would make the Last Judgement not be the last judgment after all. ) There is, as I understand it, supposed to be progression within each heavenly kingdom, but not between them. I think that might bother me if I believed we went to Heaven immediately after death, but I don't. As you know, I believe we will reside in the Spirit World for a long, long time after we die, at which time the playing field will be leveled. All of the cultural, political, etc. baggage we carry around with us, that can make it difficult for us to grasp certain spiritual truths will be removed at that time, so it definitely won't be a case of someone not having had sufficient opportunity to learn and accept the gospel completely. It will really just get down to how obedient we are to our Father in Heaven's commandments, and that will already be determined by Judgment Day. If a person really wanted to enter the Celestial Kingdom, it's not something he'd decide he wanted to do after a few millenia in Heaven. He would have made the choice either during mortality or during the time spent in the Spirit World that He simply wasn't intersted in the level of commitment required.

Old 04-22-2010, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Only those who have been born again, that is, placed their faith in the redemptive work of Jesus, will gain heaven. This must take place in this life; no chance offered after this life is over.

Baptism has no saving power, but is merely an outward sign of an inward change. It is very important & should be done ASAP after conversion.

That's my 2 cents.
jimmiez, if baptism has no saving power, why is it important in your opinion?

Old 04-22-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I was quoting your request for me to explain. ( post # 66 )
Sorry! The missing quote threw me and I have such a short memory that it didn't even click with me that I'd just asked you a question. Sorry, I'm evidently just getting old!

Old 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Status: " Attacks only in self defense is more than 1 person's right" (set 9 days ago)

Since this isn't a debate thread.....
This command is in the present tense, and not a goal.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

How is that accomplished....there is only one way,

Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect;

Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;

The options are simple:
  1. Believe God and Jesus made you perfect (by faith in believing the message "Christ crucified")
  2. Reject God and Jesus and do it yourself....and fail

Old 04-22-2010, 06:59 PM

1,897 posts, read 987,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Since this isn't a debate thread.....
This command is in the present tense, and not a goal.

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

How is that accomplished....there is only one way,

Psalm 18:30
As for God, his way is perfect;

Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect

John 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one;

The options are simple:
  1. Believe God and Jesus made you perfect (by faith in believing the message "Christ crucified")
  2. Reject God and Jesus and do it yourself....and fail
The Greek word "perfect," found in Matthew 5:48 is telios. According to Thayer's Greek Lexicon, it means "brought to its end, finished, wanting nothing necessary to completeness, perfect, full-grown, adult, mature."

Old 04-22-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
The Greek word "perfect," found in Matthew 5:48 is telios. According to Thayer's Greek Lexicon, it means "brought to its end, finished, wanting nothing necessary to completeness, perfect, full-grown, adult, mature."
And God required it when he said
"You are to be my holy people"

Exodus 22:31
"You are to be my holy people

Deuteronomy 7:6
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Isaiah 62:12
And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the LORD:

Old 04-22-2010, 07:39 PM

3,540 posts, read 4,128,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Sorry! The missing quote threw me and I have such a short memory that it didn't even click with me that I'd just asked you a question. Sorry, I'm evidently just getting old!

Seems like there's been alot of this going around lately

First me, then Twin, then Blue, now you. Who's next
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity