Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Exactly!! Additional understanding and enlightenment. I don't think we are growing spiritually if we are not seeking....seeking to understand that which we automatically, because of teaching, reject. We can learn a lot from each other.
Ilene ----- I agree with this totally, and BTW I like the "new" seeking, trying to understand 'wandering' princess My heart is filled with joy for you.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 04-22-2010 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 01:25 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
[quote=Katzpur;13853985]Could you explain what you mean by that?

I'm of the belief that we are ALL unique, with something unique to contribute from our collective experience. We are ALL "members" of the "Body of Christ" ( albeit I may be just a fingernail ).

And I currently see the "Body" as wounded.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post

...thank you for the answer...
June thanks you for having thought enough to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj

is experiential unison that thing my kids do when they say "Jinx......1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9.10.....you owe me a coke?"
Uh, not exactly.

Old 04-22-2010, 01:56 PM

7,996 posts, read 12,275,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
GIRL !!

I don't know....(er..excuse me for a second...Burp..Belch)
what your talking about!
*GASP!*

Oh, but you are SUCH a 'guy!'

MEN!

Old 04-22-2010, 02:01 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
I have a question for anyone and everyone:

According to your beliefs and churches, does everyone (including non-Christians and those who are unbaptised) have the chance of going to heaven after death? Or only those who follow Christ "completely" (as in baptism as well as belief). There seem to be different interpretations as to who goes to heaven and who doesn't.

Thanks!
Only those who have been born again, that is, placed their faith in the redemptive work of Jesus, will gain heaven. This must take place in this life; no chance offered after this life is over.

Baptism has no saving power, but is merely an outward sign of an inward change. It is very important & should be done ASAP after conversion.

That's my 2 cents.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:32 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June thanks you for having thought enough to ask.

Uh, not exactly.

I need to read up on my experiential unison.

If you don't mind... what is it?

I was flipping channels the other day and watched Dr. Wayne Dyer... Have you heard of him?

Anyway, that is why I suggested energy. I believe Dr. Dyer calls it divine presence. (had to chuckle as I fixed the typo diving presence ) That the positive and negative energy can be transferred from one person to another in the form of emotional responses.

I love this quote of his:
"There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us. "

I also asked (I don't have BAD alterior motives ) because I wonder if love can qualify. Here is a Dyer quote from the same page as the last one that reminds me of that scripture in John 4 and Cor. 13 about how God is love.
"Love is my gift to the world.

I fill myself with love, and I send that love out into the world. How others treat me is their path; how I react is mine."

Here is the link although it is daily inspirations so it may change tomorrow... Daily Affirmations - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Could the pure act of loving someone be a god, much like creativity/art?

There is much are in nature and sometimes it strikes me that the author of such creativity must exist... and if all people were in harmony with each other then the world would be such a lovely place... The Christian Heaven. Sorta.

That is why I am an odd theist, but a theist nonetheless.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:49 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Could you explain what you mean by that?

I'm of the belief that we are ALL unique, with something unique to contribute from our collective experience. We are ALL "members" of the "Body of Christ" ( albeit I may be just a fingernail ).

And I currently see the "Body" as wounded.
I'm not sure what it was you wanted me to explain, Oakback.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I'm not a Mormon but I am not a trinitarian. Here is how I explain John 1-
In the beginning was the Promise, and the Promise was with God, and the Promise was God. It was with God in the beginning. Through it all things were made; without it nothing was made that has been made.

The Promise became flesh and made it's dwelling among us. We have seen it's glory, the glory of the one and only.

Logos - a word (as embodying an idea), a statement, a speech

I like to use "Promise" or "Message."

Titus 1:2 a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time,

Therefore I don't believe logos refers to a person but a message or promise. Jesus (flesh) carried and became the message. The message was God... Jesus carried God (the message) to the world but Jesus is not God.

My two cents!
Thanks, katjonjj.

The trinity has always confused me. I'm trying to figure out why Jesus was called THE WORD made flesh and what it means exactly. I believe that He was more than just an enlightened human. Taking away the sins of the world is not something I can do.

Quote:
I think your husband needs to go back to church for a refresher course.

Anyway, I didn't see anything about everybody getting his own planet in that little quote and there is nothing in any of the LDS scriptures that says that, either. But if God wants to give me and my husband a planet, I guess I wouldn't turn Him down -- as long as it doesn't come with a golf course.
My husband has told me that he had to go down to Salt Lake when he was little to get baptized in the temple or something like that. Something upset him when he was younger, but he doesn't talk much to me about his past or what is on his mind, a whole lot. He quit "religion" for good when I met him. He has always been the quiet type and we don't get into deep conversation much. And he doesn't want to talk now. So.....

Anyway, he did tell me to talk to his mom, who would LOVE to talk with me about Mormon doctrine. She has probably waited 20 years to do so. I'm 35, now. My husband and I got together very young, if you can do the math, there. My kids are 14 and 17.

Last edited by herefornow; 04-22-2010 at 03:45 PM..

Old 04-22-2010, 03:19 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,339,984 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what it was you wanted me to explain, Oakback.
I was quoting your request for me to explain. ( post # 66 )

Old 04-22-2010, 03:20 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Quote:
Well as everyone pretty much knows now (nobody figured it out for a very long time ) I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We're the ones everybody calls "Mormons" (well, sometimes they make an intentional typo and leave out the middle "m"). It is my Church's official doctrine that virtually everybody will go to Heaven. We do believe in Heaven that is, for lack of a better word, "multi-tiered.") In other words, it will not be the same for everyone who is there, but it will be wonderful for all, and everyone will be very happy where they end up.

Katzpur...you and I had discussed the Celestial Heavens (the highest of heavens) on another thread. Do Mormon's believe that the door to the highest of heavens will always be open?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity