Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2010, 07:14 AM

45 posts, read 47,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I believe your correct

Nevertheless,
The sensory experience of culinary bliss that is enjoyed in this world, is merely a pale reflection of the experience of heaven.

So figuratively speaking, the beautiful bliss of bacon will only increase in the heavenly "kitchen"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 07:31 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellamamma View Post

Yes. The cute little piggies will be spared.

(My wife actually wanted a pet piglet, until I showed that it would grow into a monster the size of a small horse)

Old 04-23-2010, 07:36 AM

45 posts, read 47,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Yes. The cute little piggies will be spared.

(My wife actually wanted a pet piglet, until I showed that it would grow into a monster the size of a small horse)
Ha! Me too! Having been raised on a farm and had feeder pigs for a while, I can tell ya those sows can get meeeeaaaan too! I wouldn't want all those pounds of pork comin' at me, I tell ya!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:45 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,712,767 times
My response is better late than never, I guess ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I have a question for the atheist...
Keep in mind that all atheists have in common is a lack of beliefs in gods. You'll get lots of different answers on this from different atheists, so don't take what I say as gospel (so to speak).

Quote:
Is there anything at all that would qualify in your mind as god-like? For example, energy is neither created nor destroyed... could energy qualify as god? I always wondered if some of you just don't like the word god as it implies religion....
If you're asking if many atheists have what has been known as a "god shaped hole" in their lives in general I'd say no. There's not some yearning to fill a void - gods are just something someone else believes in that you really don't think about unless one of those believers makes a fuss about it.

There are lots of things in the world that are impressive, awe inspiring, whatever, but there's no real motivation to worship them, pray to them for guidance or anything like that. Just an appreciation that they're interesting.

But there are religious people who don't believe in gods (or think they are irrelevant) so it's not like people are just avoiding gods to keep out of religions. Along the same lines, I think you'll find atheists are more likely to be that way because they have no reason to include a god, not that they have motivation to keep gods out - if that makes any sense.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
KCfromNC, I wonder if we put all atheists in the departure from Egypt by Moses, through the Red Sea and kept miraculously alive for 40 years in the Sinai desert (about a million people) and they saw all the miracles of the God of Israel, if they would still be atheists?
I'm not asking if they believe it to be a true story or not but just asking on the basis that it is a true story (which I believe it is).

Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I just can't tell you how much your words have made my heart smile. What a beautiful, heartfelt post. And the bold... I can feel what you wrote, all the way down to my bones. I mean that. Thank you, Ilene for sharing your journeying with us.
I love you much,
sparrow
P.S. Maybe you are the Wandering Warrior Princess. Has a nice ring to it.
Thanks Sparrow!! As I was writing it I had no idea what I was going to say so it definitely came from the heart.

Yes! "wandering warrior princess" sounds even better!

Old 04-23-2010, 07:59 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Question for you bellamamma....or well anyone.

Do you believe that all people will be perfect in heaven or is it acheivable here on earth. By perfect I mean complete not flawless. IOW do you think God's work is only complete after one dies?
I believe we can be "perfect in Christ" here on earth. When we enter into a covenant relationship with Him (I believe this happens at baptism), we become a new creature, not perfect on our own, but perfect through Him. It's as if someone who was completely broke and in debt up to his eyeballs set up a joint bank account with someone who had literally unlimited funds. As a result of that joint account, the person who went into it poor would now have all the wealth he could ever want or need. It wouldn't have it on his own, but through the relationship with his co-account owner. I see our being able to achieve perfection here on earth as being kind of like that. Once we are in Heaven, I think it's possible to achieve perfection on our own, but I don't think everybody will do so. Everyone doesn't have the desire to put forth the effort. And it will take effort. Nothing worth having doesn't take effort.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:00 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Ilene ----- I agree with this totally, and BTW I like the "new" seeking, trying to understand 'wandering' princess My heart is filled with joy for you.
Thanks Meerkat!! I've got a whole lot more "wandering" to do!!

Old 04-23-2010, 08:20 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Ilene, remember Twila Paris' "The Warrior is a Child"?

To sum it up, it reflects that no matter how strong we are, we still run back to Him.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:24 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm going to start a thread that I hope will be different from every other thread on the Christianity forum. The purpose of this thread will be to educate and inform.

Katzpur,

I have tried threads like this before and they always turn out poorly. I have only read through the 1st page and will come back later to read more. I do hope it has remained what you had hoped for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Here's a thought: They (pets, my add) may not have the ability to accept Christ, but they don't have the ability to sin either.
I have a three year old boxer whom I'm pretty sure has the ability to sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity