U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Reputation: 5146

Advertisements

Sigh...thread after thread after thread..........

 
Old 04-30-2010, 06:53 PM
 
309 posts, read 295,279 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Read my post again, where I specifically said Hades and permanet hell are not the same thing. It was Ilene who was confused about it, and the universalists who were deliberatly trying to make it sound like Hades is hell, so they could somehow prove that hell doesn't exist. It's the game they play to deceive people.
Exactly what I am trying to clear up here Finn. Simply put you said "....I specifically said Hades and permanet hell are not the same thing." In all the scriptures I posted, where Sheol and Hades shows up, what does YOUR bible have for THAT word? Does it have the word 'hell' or 'pit' or 'apples' or 'oranges', 'puppy', 'kitty', 'horsy', or WHAT??? By reading what you just wrote, I can only assume that in every occurrence of the word Sheol/Hades it reads "NON-PERMENANT HELL" in YOUR bible, being that it is NOT the permenant one.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 06:55 PM
 
309 posts, read 295,279 times
Reputation: 60
Finn.....

Finn....


WHAT IS SHEOL OR HADES TO YOOOUU???
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:07 PM
 
5,500 posts, read 4,417,820 times
Reputation: 5146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Sigh...thread after thread after thread..........
It is obvious that the end result to this "bickering" would be locked up by MODS since I "prophesy" that "no one will ever concede to forget pride and let God take care of the rest!

Has anyone ever known a thread to bear good fruit in this forum?...only one is successful...the "no debate, by Katzpur"...because there...all agreed to be respectful and allowed everyone to state their views without hurling diatribe after diatribe!!!

May we show more love and patience...
 
Old 04-30-2010, 07:38 PM
 
309 posts, read 295,279 times
Reputation: 60
Finn

What I am seeing here is that you are saying that universalists are trying claim that ‘hell’ does not exist and I see no such thing. I only see a disagreement between “your concept of what hell is” and “my concept of what hell is”.
And if you would, study this notion of ‘good people who die now’ go straight to God. Eusebius has posted writs that claim to the contrary. The notion just cannot be true given the scriptures.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
If your notion is true then what is this scripture, and the like ones Eusebius posted, saying to you. If one quotes a scripture and the other just quotes ANOTHER scripture, then obviously one of the scriptures is understood incorrectly by one or the other. It is true that the Bible does not contradict, so one has to be incorrect. And I HAVE studied the bible Finn, that IS the reason why I have my standpoint on this. I used to just listen to what was coming across the pulpit and take it for truth. I have stood where you are, and I seriously understand your frustration. I used to call these URs as you call them 'quacks' and 'head cases', but when they brought up what I call "back-burner" scriptures (scriptures that I just couldnt understand at the time because they contradicted my beliefs) to me, I could not explain my position any longer. So please forgive me, if I have come across as rude, I dont mean to.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 10:35 PM
 
37,534 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You just did it again. You accused me of something I never did. I didn't say anything about plagiarizing anyone. I don't care is someone else did.

I shall hereby name you "The False Accurser of Year 2010".
You cannot use the generic category of "universalist" and make all sorts of false claims about them as a group and then balk when you are lumped as a group with others of your side. Hell is referred to whenever the terms hades.sheol are used in the bible . . . so your claim that they are not referring to hell is spurious. You are proclaiming what you say is not possible . . . error in the bible.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 05:59 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Reputation: 989
Yoohoo, Finn_Jarber . . . I'm still waiting for you to produce the name of the bible translation that says "to depart is to be with Christ." You did put that in quotes so you must have been directly quoting a Bible version. What version was it you quoted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Again. You are being childish calling people liars because of one word difference in a translation.

Have a nice day
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Please give the exact name of the translation you used then that said "to depart is to be with Christ."

Let's see where the rubber meets the road on this.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 06:51 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post

Exactly what I am trying to clear up here Finn. Simply put you said "....I specifically said Hades and permanet hell are not the same thing." In all the scriptures I posted, where Sheol and Hades shows up, what does YOUR bible have for THAT word? Does it have the word 'hell' or 'pit' or 'apples' or 'oranges', 'puppy', 'kitty', 'horsy', or WHAT??? By reading what you just wrote, I can only assume that in every occurrence of the word Sheol/Hades it reads "NON-PERMENANT HELL" in YOUR bible, being that it is NOT the permenant one.
I didn't realize you just wanted to bicker about the translations, and not discuss the real meanings of Hades and hell.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-01-2010 at 07:08 AM..
 
Old 05-01-2010, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Finn.....

Finn....


WHAT IS SHEOL OR HADES TO YOOOUU???
Read the thread and you shall knoooooow.
 
Old 05-01-2010, 06:54 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
And if you would, study this notion of ‘good people who die now’ go straight to God. Eusebius has posted writs that claim to the contrary.
No, he nas not. I did, on the contrary, provide plenty of Bible verses proving my point.

[quote]I HAVE studied the bible Finn, that IS the reason why I have my standpoint on this. I used to just listen to what was coming across the pulpit and take it for truth. I have stood where you are, and I seriously understand your frustration.[/QUOTE]


No, I am not frustrated at all, and on the contrary to your false claim I study the Bible and do not take someone elses word for anything.

Don't pretend to know where I stand, because I can assure you you don't have a clue. Not a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top