U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 01:10 PM

11,822 posts, read 9,811,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Amen. Satan keeps busy these days, and these boards are proof of it.

How many believers are there left around here? Not many, and they are outnumbered by preachers of false doctrine.
I know....the voices of the false preachers are many.
Jesus said the people from Capernaum punished more severely because of their unbelief... "that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment."

Jesus' point: Unbelief is condemned by a God who is angry [AKA God's Wrath]. But if you have had the opportunities like Capernaum and still reject...you'll be punished more severely.

It will be no different with those living today.

The truth about God's Wrath against unbelief verses:

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Romans 1:18
[ God's Wrath Against Mankind ] The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Other verses (excluding OT):
Romans 2:5
Romans 3:5
Romans 5:9
Romans 12:19
Romans 13:4
Ephesians 5:6
Revelation 14:10
Revelation 14:19
Revelation 15:1
Revelation 16:1

Old 05-01-2010, 01:11 PM

309 posts, read 295,097 times
Quote:
Ruined? Un-swayed?? Come on TS, you know me better than that. Or at least I thought you did. There's nothing wrong with the universalist message as I'm finding out.....I have a mind of my own, a heart as big as Texas and enough Holy Spirit in me to get to the truth. I hope you can see that I am not being swayed or seduced or blinded by anything....quite the opposite actually. They did not come to me, I came to them wanting to know more. And they have been most gracious in helping me and full of love. I don't see that here. But you're not the first to condemn me. Good thing God has allowed my skin to become thicker since being on C-D.
Ilene...you will find that you will be called names or even hated. It should not be a mistery though as the bible teaches us....

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

or that they call you nuts or crazy.

Act 26:24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad (Gk: craziness)

Old 05-01-2010, 01:22 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I know....the voices of the false preachers are many.
Jesus said the people from Capernaum punished more severely because of their unbelief... "that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment."

Jesus' point: Unbelief is condemned by a God who is angry [AKA God's Wrath]. But if you have had the opportunities like Capernaum and still reject...you'll be punished more severely.

It will be no different with those living today.

The truth about God's Wrath against unbelief verses:

John 3:36
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Romans 1:18
[ God's Wrath Against Mankind ] The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,

Other verses (excluding OT):
Romans 2:5
Romans 3:5
Romans 5:9
Romans 12:19
Romans 13:4
Ephesians 5:6
Revelation 14:10
Revelation 14:19
Revelation 15:1
Revelation 16:1
And yet Jesus told Paul that God is going to save ALL mankind because Jesus ransomed all mankind (read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 if you don't believe me).

And God is already every man's Saviour even if they don't know it yet (1 Timothy 4:10) and we are supposed to charge and teach these things (1 Timothy 4:11). Oops! Guess who is disobedient on teaching these things? I wouldn't want to be you when your works are tried by fire. Oh, you'll still be saved yet thus as through fire. Good luck in that day. Wouldn't wanna be ya!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:23 PM

[quote=Ilene Wright;13989914]
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ruined? Un-swayed?? Come on TS, you know me better than that. Or at least I thought you did. There's nothing wrong with the universalist message as I'm finding out.....I have a mind of my own, a heart as big as Texas and enough Holy Spirit in me to get to the truth. I hope you can see that I am not being swayed or seduced or blinded by anything....quite the opposite actually. They did not come to me, I came to them wanting to know more. And they have been most gracious in helping me and full of love. I don't see that here. But you're not the first to condemn me. Good thing God has allowed my skin to become thicker since being on C-D.
I say this because only out of concern. I'm not condemning you, only advising you that you're listening to words from people who "do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

People who offer a plan not offered by God, offer false gospel hope. People who do such face this:

Galatians 1:8
But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

They might as well be god of their own planet

Old 05-01-2010, 01:31 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
[quote=twin.spin;13990357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

I say this because only out of concern. I'm not condemning you, only advising you that you're listening to words from people who "do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

People who offer a plan not offered by God, offer false gospel hope. People who do such face this:

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

"God will have all mankind to be saved . . . for . . . Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all" (1 Timothy 2:4-6) and "God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe. THESE THINGS COMMAND AND TEACH" (1 Timothy 4:10,11).

Funny but it is you that are bringing a gospel different than the one Paul brought as evidenced above concerning 1 Timothy 2:4-6 and 4:10,11.
These are the things of God and not man. So, twin.spin, why not take a spin and try being obedient to God and try teaching that God will save all mankind and is all mankind's Saviour. Quit being disobedient.

Oh, and quit preaching a different gospel. It makes you and God look bad.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And yet Jesus told Paul that God is going to save ALL mankind because Jesus ransomed all mankind (read 1 Timothy 2:4-6 if you don't believe me).

You said something about vomit?...misquoting once again.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Ilene...you will find that you will be called names or even hated. It should not be a mistery though as the bible teaches us....)
A little research will find the name calling and derogatory demeanor is mostly done by Eusebius.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:52 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Ilene...you will find that you will be called names or even hated. It should not be a mistery though as the bible teaches us....

Joh 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

Joh 17:14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

or that they call you nuts or crazy.

Act 26:24 And as he thus spake for himself, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, thou art beside thyself; much learning doth make thee mad (Gk: craziness)
Yeah, it's okay.....I was already called lots of lovely names and hated when I was pushing my fundamentalist beliefs.....so far the guff I've gotten is pretty tame compared to that.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
[quote=twin.spin;13990357]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
Quote by twin.spin:

People who offer a plan not offered by God, offer false gospel hope.

BHFT:
Can't say that I've ever heard of "false gospel hope" before. You believe God offers. Universalists believe God saves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or