Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

If you want to stick to OT, then that's your choice. I am Christian and I believe what the NT says about Christ emptying Hades, and taking the dead with him to heaven and that believers go directly to heaven when they die.
What verse are you interpreting to mean "Christ emptied Hades"? What verse shows that he took the dead with him to heaven?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:31 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
Quote:
If you want to stick to OT, then that's your choice. I am Christian and I believe what the NT says about Christ emptying Hades, and taking the dead with him to heaven and that believers go directly to heaven when they die.
The Bible doesn't say Christ emptied Hades.

Neither does the Bible say Christ took the dead with Him to heaven.

Peter said AFTER Christ ascended into heaven that David did not ascend into heaven.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:34 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Wow, Lego you are going through an awful lot of twisting and spinning to prove that hell doesn't exist.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:37 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Wow, Lego you are going through an awful lot of twisting and spinning to prove that hell doesn't exist.
I would like to know what scripture states that Christ has emptied Hades and taken the souls which were in Hades with him to heaven also ... Will you supply the verses please?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
What verse are you interpreting to mean "Christ emptied Hades"? What verse shows that he took the dead with him to heaven?
Sorry, I meant to say he emptied the good side of Hades, and took the souls of the believers with him. I have already provided the verse here several times. The souls of unbelievers are still in the bad side of hades.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Sorry, I meant to say he emptied the good side of Hades, and took the souls of the believers with him. I have already provided the verse here several times. The souls of unbelievers are still in the bad side of hades.

Okay, then where does it say in scripture God has "emptied the good side of Hades" and "took the souls of believers with him"?

Old 05-04-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Okay, then where does it say in scripture God has "emptied the good side of Hades" and "took the souls of believers with him"?
Go back ten or eleven so pages and you will see us discussing the verse.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:51 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
It is the topic of this thread.

What you call "twisting and spinning" is simply showing what scripture says, and simply showing how the mainstream doctrine of "hell" falls. To me this would seem to be a rather important thing to let people know about, especially considering the pain and suffering many people go through now because they believe there is a literal place of endless torment. Perhaps it is not important to you to understand this. If you want to contribute to the thread, maybe you would actually address the posts instead of throwing out jabs about "twisting and spinning".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776
I found it on page 8, I believe Finn is referring to Eph 4:8-10:

Finn_Jarber said this:
When Christ died on the cross he went to paradise aka good side of Hades aka Abrahams bosom, and led the righteous dead out of that place.

Ephesians 4:8-10 This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he led captives in his train and gave gifts to men." (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions ? He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.)

He took that side of Hades with him to heaven, and left the bad side where is it.

Old 05-04-2010, 01:59 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,224 times
Quote:

All I have to do is look at the scriptures, the word hell is not in them.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
It is the topic of this thread.

What you call "twisting and spinning" is simply showing what scripture says, and simply showing how the mainstream doctrine of "hell" falls.
No, when you use the reasoning which you used earlier, it is called 'twisting the truth'. I picked up on it a long time ago, and you guys still use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity