U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,005 posts, read 20,314,783 times
Reputation: 28023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
You are so very wrong, and it's sad that you would think that.
What is sad is that you don't understand the meaning of what Jesus did on the cross.

 
Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 988,925 times
Reputation: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What is sad is that you don't understand the meaning of what Jesus did on the cross.
The meaning is that He died to save people from their sins, not to make them a nice offer, hope they make a wise choice, and if not, burn them forever.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
 
10,164 posts, read 4,695,883 times
Reputation: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What is sad is that you don't understand the meaning of what Jesus did on the cross.
  • Romans 5:18,19 (what comes from Christ's obedience to the cross)
  • Colossians 1:20 (what comes from the blood of Christ's cross)
  • Philippians 2:8-11 (what comes from Christ obedience to the cross)
Do you understand the meaning of what Jesus did on the cross?
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
34,441 posts, read 11,743,845 times
Reputation: 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
"we got there too late because the residents didn't call us". - Makes God helpless and totally dependent on people to have the power to save.


No, you do have to do you part which is accept Christ as your personal saviour. Failure to do that simple thing is same as not calling the firemen when your house it on fire.

Quote:
Are you kidding? People in burning houses don't tell fireman to go away, unless maybe they already have brain damage from the smoke inhalation. That analogy is a form of you people thinking those in ignorance and unbelief deserve to burn forever. Paul said he was shown mercy BECAUSE OF his ignorance and unbelief.


You would think people would accept Christ invitation too, but many reject it. It is because they have 'brain damage' caused by Satan which caused them to not believe that fire will consume them. But of course in your case you simply don't believe there is fire that can hurt you.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 AM
 
10,164 posts, read 4,695,883 times
Reputation: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
[/color]

No, you do have to do you part which is accept Christ as your personal saviour. Failure to do that simple thing is same as not calling the firemen when your house it on fire.


God has to accept us first, choose us, call us, put faith in us.



Quote:
You would think people would accept Christ invitation too, but many reject it. It is because they have 'brain damage' caused by Satan which caused them to not believe that fire will consume them. But of course in your case you simply don't believe there is fire that can hurt you.
If they do have brain damage and Satan (who is far more powerful than any human) is at fault then man is not responsible for not believing.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,305,455 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It has been stressed over and over that they do not mean the same thing, but that doesn't mean hell doesn't exist. Hell exists, and I don't care how people nick name it.
I know you don't care, but that is irrelevant to what scripture says.

Pointing out scriptural aspects of things is not nicknaming anything in the first place. Hell is not in scripture.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:51 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 988,925 times
Reputation: 242
Quote by Finn_Jarber:

No, you do have to do you part which is accept Christ as your personal saviour. Failure to do that simple thing is same as not calling the firemen when your house it on fire. "Personal" savior is not in the bible whatsoever. He is the Savior of the world.



You would think people would accept Christ invitation too, but many reject it. It is because they have 'brain damage' caused by Satan which caused them to not believe that fire will consume them. But of course in your case you simply don't believe there is fire that can hurt you. Do you understand what you wrote here? You say people reject it - an "invitation." Accepting an "invitation" is not in the bible either. You are parroting what you've been taught, just like I used to, and many others did before God revealed His true character and the truth. The "brain damage" inflicted by the false doctrine of a literal lake of fire has caused many people to not believe in God, and has caused many others to not be able to grow spiritually because they didn't really know God.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:52 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 3,305,455 times
Reputation: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
If hell doesn't exist (and we know it does) then Jesus paid a HIGH price for nothing.

Hell is not in scripture, scripture tells us what Christ did and Hell was not a part of the reason behind it.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Hot-Houston Texas
20,005 posts, read 20,314,783 times
Reputation: 28023
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Hell is not in scripture, scripture tells us what Christ did and Hell was not a part of the reason behind it.
That is so wrong! Hell is the reason Jesus paid such a HIGH price on the cross Jesus believed it that's why He provided the way for us to escape it. He left His throne and glory to die an excruciating death to keep us out of hell.
 
Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
34,441 posts, read 11,743,845 times
Reputation: 4273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Quote "Personal" savior is not in the bible whatsoever. He is the Savior of the world.


Awwww, the exact wording is not there..awwww Anything that has to do with me personally is personal. It doesn't mean he is not other people's saviour too. Awwwww


Quote:
You say people reject it - an "invitation." Accepting an "invitation" is not in the bible either. You are parroting what you've been taught, just like I used to,


No doubt you used to parrot things people told you. I know, because you are still doing it, but I actually got my information straight form the Bible

“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top