U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:37 AM

58,451 posts, read 31,853,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Where is your scripture to back this up? OH that is right.. it is your opinion....
No, it is not my opinon, and there is Biblical proof, but I know better than to get in to a word twisting game with someone who has admitted that he/she does not believe. It's be a waste of time.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Thanks Kat for answering that.....now I don't have to!!
OK, so you join Katjj in her mockery attempt. As you can see she did not actually answer anything, she only attempted to slam my post. I guess we will never be enlightened about your transformation belief.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:26 AM

1,647 posts, read 1,706,353 times
at the beginning the Jehova Witnesses' teaching on gehenna helped me do understand, I know most people consider them (partly rightly) as heretics, but "Orthodox churchianity" are the worse heretics in my opinion

see here:

What Has Happened to Hellfire? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

What Really Is Hell? - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site

Old 04-29-2010, 11:33 AM

8,830 posts, read 9,745,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so you join Katjj in her mockery attempt. As you can see she did not actually answer anything, she only attempted to slam my post. I guess we will never be enlightened about your transformation belief.
No I did not join Kat in mockery because that's not what she did. She simply answered your post.

You want enlightenment? Then study universalism.

Kat already answered your post to me for me. She said exactly what I would have said to you.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No I did not join Kat in mockery because that's not what she did. She simply answered your post.
No, the question remains unanswered. Her answer said nothing about the transformation process I asked you about.

That's ok. I won't press you to answer again.

Quote:
You want enlightenment? Then study universalism.
Been there, done that, and concluded against it. I believe it is Satan's tool to deceive people into believing they are saved without being born again into Christ.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-29-2010 at 12:35 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 01:58 PM

37,477 posts, read 25,217,301 times
Quote:
No, the question remains unanswered. Her answer said nothing about the transformation process I asked you about.
That's ok. I won't press you to answer again.
Been there, done that, and concluded against it. I believe it is Satan's tool to deceive people into believing they are saved without being born again into Christ.
Hell and ET is Satan's tool to corrupt any love for God with primitive fear motivation and prevent any spiritual maturation in "love of God and each other."

Old 04-29-2010, 02:08 PM

7,543 posts, read 11,548,929 times
Quote:
Look again - God is the judge of all, not us.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:16 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,529,737 times
Quote:

YES!!!!!! You are correct!!! Sadly many people are being fooled by this.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:03 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Quote:
How can you claim "this is all they knew"? How would you know what other people knew? Considering how often Sheol is mentioned in OT I'd say they knew everything about it.
Finn, they only knew what the old testament told them about sheol, because the new testament wasn't written yet.

The old testament describes sheol as the resting place of the dead where there it is silent and there is no knowledge or device. That is what they would know according to the old testament which is all they had in terms of scriptures.

I'm sure they would be quite surprised to here the literal interpretation of the rich man talking in hades because it contradicts everything the old testament says about sheol.

Quote:
And even if they didn't know, then I suppose they found out as soon as they arrived there The rich man didn't know, but according to Abraham, that was only because he didn't listen to Moses and Prophets. See, Moses knew, and the prophets knew, so everyone knew. Happy?
And that seems like a good thing to you? I guess it would be quite a surprise for them eh? Oh well God doesn't have to warn everyone about eternal torment I guess...

Old 04-29-2010, 03:05 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,402,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
YES!!!!!! You are correct!!! Sadly many people are being fooled by this.
ILNC have you studied how the old testament uses the word sheol? It is not referring to a place of infinte fiery punishment. It is simply the resting place for the dead - all go there when they die, even God has presence there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or