U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-06-2010, 07:38 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,483 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post


"foul language"? You've got to be kidding me.
No, I am not kidding, the 'S' word is a nasty one.

 
Old 05-06-2010, 07:52 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,993,137 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Jesus said :

36Then he left the crowd and went into the house. His disciples came to him and said, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds in the field."

37He answered, "The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man.

38The field is the world, and the good seed stands for the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one, 39and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the harvesters are angels.

40"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 13:36-42)
Fin where is the kingdom of heaven?

According to scripture it is within us.

So what that scripture is saying is that the firey furnace will weed out all SIN from within man. Will weed out all that the devil planted.
 
Old 05-06-2010, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,483 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Fin where is the kingdom of heaven?

According to scripture it is within us.
Well, ok then the sinners won't be allowed into the themselves, or that they will be weeded out of themselves.

I don't know you manage to misundersand something that is so clear

41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 13:36-42)
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 AM
 
Location: Canada
6,643 posts, read 3,993,137 times
Reputation: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, ok then the sinners won't be allowed into the themselves, or that they will be weeded out of themselves.

I don't know you manage to misundersand something that is so clear

41The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Mat 13:36-42)
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,404,833 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Keep repeating it, but the argument has been shot down. Your friend accidentally revaled the truth, which just happens to be what I have been saying all along. This is a prime example of how some people like to spin and twist simple things and make them sound like they were not true.
You are munging and confusing terms again.

The soul is what we are. The spirit is what gives life. They are not the same. A soul needs a body and breath (spirit) of life to exist (Gen 2:7). When a man dies, his spirit returns to where it came from: God (Ecc 12:7). That spirit is simply the breath of life that makes a man alive -> it makes the man a soul. If the spirit (breath) was also the soul, that would mean that we always existed with God, since that is where the spirit came from, and that is where the spirit returns when one dies.

It is not "spinning and twisting": it is simply you not understanding the difference between a soul and the spirit that gives the soul life.
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:27 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,404,833 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I am not kidding, the 'S' word is a nasty one.
Then I apologize that I have offended you.
 
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
What I find very interesting is you say your are Baptist and yet don't believe anything Baptist believe.
You're mistaken that I don't believe anything Baptists do, but that should be for another thread.
 
Old 05-06-2010, 09:01 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,483 posts, read 31,872,436 times
Reputation: 9408
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
You are munging and confusing terms again.
Really? I could have sworn it was the universalist cabal who was doing it.

This is how it went:

Me: Believeres go to heaven when they die, and the Bible proves it. Hallelujah.

Cabal: NO, THEY GO TO THE GRAVE. NO ONE GOES TO HEAVEN. DAVID'S BODY IS IN THE GRAVE. GET IT?

Me: But I showed you the Bible verses.

Cabal: NO, IT IS NOT TRUE. AND THERE IS NO HELL EITHER

A week of repetition follows......

Cabal (accidentaly): David's the spirit went to heaven

Me: So I was right

Cabal: Well, ummm, ehhh, errr, (blushing fiercely)...eeeehhhh... no techinally speaking you are still wrong, because there is a difference between body and spirit. For example David's body did not ascend to heaven.

HEH-HEH-HEH

Thanks for the laughs guys. You're something else
 
Old 05-06-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Reputation: 58197
Where is David's spirit Finn?
 
Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM
 
6,221 posts, read 6,404,833 times
Reputation: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? I could have sworn it was the universalist cabal who was doing it.

This is how it went:

Me: Believeres go to heaven when they die, and the Bible proves it. Hallelujah.

Cabal: NO, THEY GO TO THE GRAVE. NO ONE GOES TO HEAVEN. DAVID'S BODY IS IN THE GRAVE. GET IT?

Me: But I showed you the Bible verses.

Cabal: NO, IT IS NOT TRUE. AND THERE IS NO HELL EITHER

A week of repetition follows......

Cabal (accidentaly): David's the spirit went to heaven

Me: So I was right

Cabal: Well, ummm, ehhh, errr, (blushing fiercely)...eeeehhhh... no techinally speaking you are still wrong, because there is a difference between body and spirit. For example David's body did not ascend to heaven.

HEH-HEH-HEH

Thanks for the laughs guys. You're something else
All you can do is mock, instead of trying to understand.

Finn can you actually go and read what was said? Did you read any of the above posts you are responding to?

The spirit is not the same as the soul. Like I said, you are munging and confusing terms in order to distract and disrupt. See ya...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top