U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:11 AM
 
Location: E: (0.00) - S: (-0.97)
231 posts, read 277,814 times
Reputation: 243

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Whew, calm down a little bit Miss ILNC. From what I have learned so far it does indeed line up with the word of God. Imagine if you're wrong.....if what you have believed your whole life is completely wrong!! Don't you see something inherently wrong with people burning in a lake of fire forever? Can't you see how this goes against God's nature? I never saw it but I NEVER understood how a loving God could do that to his creation.

It's made me want to turn away from God on many occasions because I just could not understand this. I cannot believe in the eternal torment doctrine any longer if I want to remain a Christian. I understand completely what Phazelwood means by CU being the only thing that kept him/her (sorry) from becoming an atheist. I guess the idea of most of creation burning in hell for all of eternity doesn't bother some as much as it does me. I can't just accept it as "oh well, they deserve it" type mentality like you have to develop to believe in such brutality.

There is plenty of scripture to support this. You just have to be willing to look at it without the blinders of what you've been taught. Indoctrination is a very serious thing and if you are raised to believe certain things then a lot of times they never get questioned. I know for a fact that UR is NOT from the devil......that much I can say for sure. I have felt joy and love and a myriad of feelings I can't even put into words since I started to investigate it. I now believe that eternal torment may in fact be the teaching that is of the devil. Consider where it came from and the purpose it would serve. It was used to control and to scare into submission.

Well I'm not buying it anymore. There are mistranslations and a lot about the word of God that is misunderstood. Try to stop seeing this as such a dire situation......it's far from that. Love God and each other.
All I can say is that if you are being conned, then it's a jolly good con as your testimony has had a profound impact on me personally (If so then the joke is on us and it's definitely not funny)

This is the first time I've ever seen a profound change in anyone take place right before my very eyes, I'm finding myself doing things I never would expected to do just 2 weeks before, and I owe it mostly to the change I've seen in you

 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:18 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
This is how:

1 Corinthians 2:14
The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Because they are spiritually discerned, they stand condemned already. Eternal damnation in hell is the fullfillment of the condemnation while alive.
Yea, the man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God like this:

1 Timothy 2:3-6 KJV For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

1Ti 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No Ilene, Scripture does NOT support this theory and you know it, or least you used to. I don't feel anyone deserves hell, but it's a choice. You have seen all the Scripture that prove that hell is eternal separation from God, you know the truth, please don't reject it! Lies come from the devil and this is a BIG one! It's a "feel good" kind of religion. When you turn your back on what the Bible teaches it is a dire situation. I am praying for you as many others are too. Please do not be blinded by this.
Yes it does support it. There's been a number of scriptures quoted that support it. If you don't believe anyone deserves hell (the lake of fire) then why would God think that? Think about that for a minute. Yes, I've seen and believed without question the scriptures that SEEM to be supporting an eternal separation from God but now I know they are not.

The mistranslation of certain words has been covered ad nauseum but no one is paying attention because you all believe you have it right. I know exactly what you do because I was doing it. You argue your point without even really reading or considering what the others are saying. I have NOT turned my back on the Bible or what it teaches.....I've done that before and cursed God so trust me, that's not the case. I am looking at what the Bible truly says through the Holy Spirit and different eyes.

I appreciate the prayers, as usual, but I believe with all my heart now that the fundamentalists are the ones who have it wrong.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Reputation: 58197
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
All I can say is that if you are being conned, then it's a jolly good con as your testimony has had a profound impact on me personally (If so then the joke is on us and it's definitely not funny)

This is the first time I've ever seen a profound change in anyone take place right before my very eyes, I'm finding myself doing things I never would expected to do just 2 weeks before, and I owe it mostly to the change I've seen in you
Oh my goodness Alison..... That makes my heart jump for joy!!! And brings serious tears to my eyes!! God HAS done a profound thing by completely changing my heart and mind......I'm glad you have been witness to it and it's made a difference for you. God bless you, sweetheart.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:32 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Each person has to make a choice to accept or believe, everyone is not going to believe.

You say this, but you know better, but when faced with that passage in scripture your doctrine can only allow you to say "it's too late then" but that's the doctrine talking and not scripture.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We have free will, we can choose Jesus or reject Him, I have chosen Him. Yes God is God and He is love, but He will not let disobedience go, there are consequences for rejecting Him and that is eternal separation from Him. Unbelievers go to hell because they are incompatible with Heaven.

No he does not let it go, that is why he never gives up on anyone, there is no realm that exists where there is no hope whatsoever.

That is what people do not realize. HELL does not exist because HELL is defined as a place where hope does not exist.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 06:56 AM
 
Location: SC Foothills
8,830 posts, read 9,747,770 times
Reputation: 58197
That's what I believe now too Phaze......there is always hope.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 AM
 
1,838 posts, read 1,931,334 times
Reputation: 179
"he who is first in this world will be last in the next,and he who is last will be first"-Jesus.................does that mean that everyone will get their eventually....or even reincarnation....mmmm,
 
Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 AM
 
5,925 posts, read 5,682,496 times
Reputation: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
That's what I believe now too Phaze......there is always hope.

Ilene, I am glad you are seeing the freedom that this hope can bring a person spiritually.
 
Old 05-07-2010, 08:12 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,430,337 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
No Ilene, Scripture does NOT support this theory and you know it, or least you used to. I don't feel anyone deserves hell, but it's a choice. You have seen all the Scripture that prove that hell is eternal separation from God, you know the truth, please don't reject it! Lies come from the devil and this is a BIG one! It's a "feel good" kind of religion. When you turn your back on what the Bible teaches it is a dire situation. I am praying for you as many others are too. Please do not be blinded by this.
Dear ILNC, please give me one verse that says if people don't make the right choice they go to hell.

Please give a verse that shows hell is eternal separation from God.

Please show how Romans 5:18,19; 1 Corinthians 15:22-28; 1 Timothy 2:4-6; 4:10,11; Colossians 1:20; Ephesians 1:10; Philippians 2:8-11 is just a theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top