U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2010, 05:36 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

....and will ultimately set all things right.
Legoman,

Everything has been already set right.
Fallen man is reconciled for their faith in Christ.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 PM

17,968 posts, read 12,427,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Diabolical? You mean what MAN DID TO GOD was diabolical.
He trangressed His love.

I don't feel God is wrong...you did. God is just.

Let me tell you what IS NOT JUSTICE.
To allow Hitler stand next to Christ.
But Justice is to allow Hitler to stand next to Christ in a glorified, justified body which Hitler will do. Why? Because Christ died for all of Hitler's sins. God accepted that death for Hitler's sins. Oh, and remember our little Sunday School lesson about the ransom? No? Well let me refresh your memory. Jesus ransomed Hitler. And so based upon that God will have Hitler to be saved (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6). Look at every verse in the Bible where ransom is used and see if you can find just one verse where someone or some animal was ransomed but not freed. That will be your homework assignment for the week. There will be a test on Monday.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:38 PM

21,416 posts, read 29,533,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, what makes some people able to make the choice not to? You said perhaps it was circumstances in their life, or they were more humble. So, why doesn't God put the right circumstances in every life, or create everyone to be humble enough to receive Him if He really loves everyone?
He does and still people reject Him.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:39 PM

15,004 posts, read 7,530,359 times
Quote:
To reiterate what others have been saying, Hitler won't be standing next to Christ, just as Saul won't be.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
In another attempt to get things back on topic, why should we assume that any reference to "fire" in the bible is a reference to "hell"? I have already shown how "hell" is mistranslated, yet hell believers will use references like "furnace of fire" to suggest that this is proof of hell.

Why is "furnace of fire" supposed to mean hell?

Do you know God is a consuming fire? But surely we don't think God is hell.

In Mark 9:49, right after Jesus warns of Gehenna, He tells us that everyone will be salted with fire. Does that mean everyone is going to be salted with hell?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:40 PM

58,475 posts, read 31,862,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Do you have joy and peace over loved ones or friends who have died without knowing Christ? Do you have joy and peace knowing they are burning in hell right now and forever? I'm fairly hopeful you do not have joy and peace in that.

So for you to say this is rubbish is to ignore your own doctrine, unless you are admitting you find joy and peace in your loved ones burning in eternal hell.
Do you feel joy when your loved ones suffer with cancer, or when a baby is born with brain damage?

Don't try to change the point: Accrding to your UR belief only a very small fraction of the population can experience joy and peace. Does that seem fair to you?

I never said I celebrate people going to hell, that is just you twisting and spinning things again. Death, hell, God, heaven and eternal life are facts of life, whether you like them or not.

I have joy and peace in my faith and in Holy Spirit, but only a fool thinks that should mean I celebrate other people's misfortune. Get a grip.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:41 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,681,725 times
Quote:
It is a great thing that when the evil in this man is removed and destroyed he will be with us being one with God.

The reason it is great is because it is also unjust with your logic that YOU be allowed to stand next to Christ.

Thankfully, Love never fails.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:42 PM

6,221 posts, read 6,403,926 times
Quote:
Legoman,

Everything has been already set right.
Fallen man is reconciled for their faith in Christ.
Surely it is ridiculous for you to say everything has already been set right when we witness injustice every day in this life we live.

Things will not be set right until every injustice has been corrected and all have been reconciled and come to understand knowledge of the truth.

Unless you mean to say - from God's perspective - its set right, and we are just waiting to see it play out in the realm of time?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:44 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,285,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But Justice is to allow Hitler to stand next to Christ in a glorified, justified body which Hitler will do. Why? Because Christ died for all of Hitler's sins.
Did Hitler profess his faith in Christ? Romans 10:9

Most likely no, since it is claimed he commited suicide.
And no, that isn't justice, it's called spitting on the cross.

Quote:
and remember our little Sunday School lesson about the ransom?
You mean your sunday school lesson...ransom paid for a slave to sin....and that slave is freed to whom? Freed to Christ....Again...Romans 10:9 a referrence point for you.

Quote:
Jesus ransomed Hitler. And so based upon that God will have Hitler to be saved (see 1 Timothy 2:4-6).
DO you really want me to go there again ....let's do it real quick like....1 Tim 2:4-6 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH A DIVINE EDICT AND DECREE THAT GOD WILL SAVE ALL MEN. The text does not support your view in any way shape or form. What it does support contextually and linguistically, is that God desires that all men come to the knowledge, but won't.

Quote:
Look at every verse in the Bible where ransom is used and see if you can find just one verse where someone or some animal was ransomed but not freed. That will be your homework assignment for the week. There will be a test on Monday.
LOL...I think that would be a great assignment for you. I already know what it takes to have my sins washed with His blood. Do you?

Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM

8,830 posts, read 9,746,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Really? So, only those who believe in UR can have joy and peace. That's very interesting, because I have joy and peace, and I every believer I know have joy and peace. Accrding to your UR belief only a very small fraction of th epopulation can experience joy and peace.

But then again, I don't need you to tell me whether or not I have peace and joy, because I know for a fact that what you just said is complete rubbish.
Excuse me but that's bull-hockey. I NEVER had joy and peace thinking that the vast majority of all who ever lived were going to fry for eternity. If you've got joy and peace believing that then you seriously need to take a look at yourself. And scripture. I'm really starting to think some folks revel in the eternal torment idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or