U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM

20,326 posts, read 15,692,216 times

Advertisements

Read post #665 people. This thread is moving fast and the post may easily be buried without having been read.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:34 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,294,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post

Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
Eccl 12:5-8 your desire shall fail: because man goes to his long home, and the mourners will be in the streets: Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel be broken at the cistern. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher; all is vanity.

That's life apart from God. And if you live apart from God, you will experience the same thing. Separation. There is no real meaning in life apart from God, apart from serving God. There is nothing worthwhile. Vanity, vanity, all is emptiness.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 PM

58,581 posts, read 31,974,824 times
Quote:
I guess by your own belief then, EVERYBODY goes to heaven to be with God after death, even BEFORE Christ, because that is WHEN this verse was written.
Why would you 'guess' such thing, when you have specifically been told otherwise ? ?

Talking to you is like talking to a wall. Nothing penetrates. Anyway, your spinning has already been exposed, so as far as you are concerned, my work here is done.

Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 PM

309 posts, read 295,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
I don't know if anyone can say exactly what the spiritual fire would be after we die. We know many people will feel shame (Dan 12:2, Isa 45:22-25). Perhaps that will be much of it - feeling shame over all the stupid things you did and said in this life as God shows you everything that happened as a result of every action you ever did. Remember we will all give account... nothing leads to repentance faster than seeing the ramifications of it all clearly in front of your eyes.

Here's another "crazy whacked out" idea - this is just a theory, but I know a few people do believe this to be what scripture is saying. I'm not really too sure myself. Anyway, is this a possibility?:

We are all in the lake of fire right now in this life.

Just something to consider.
I think you are closer to the truth than you may think Legoman. Think "spiritual" with "spiritual".

Old 05-08-2010, 02:22 PM

LOF on earth....hmmm...scripture says that at the Resurrection of the "DEAD", both the Sea, Death and Hades "DEAD" are thrown into the LOF.

Wrong! The Lake of Fire is a place for those who ARE DEAD, meaning not alive, meaning NO FLESH, BONES AND BLOOD.

Where do you guys get this stuff from?
Not the Bible.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:57 PM

8,435 posts, read 8,402,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
LOF on earth....hmmm...scripture says that at the Resurrection of the "DEAD", both the Sea, Death and Hades "DEAD" are thrown into the LOF.

Wrong! The Lake of Fire is a place for those who ARE DEAD, meaning not alive, meaning NO FLESH, BONES AND BLOOD.

Where do you guys get this stuff from?
Not the Bible.
Didn't you post elsewhere that those dead in the sea are still alive but dead in their sins? or am I mistaken?

In Rev. 16:3 those living things in the sea died... all living things. So are the dead in the sea even human? How many humans were alive in the sea then died in it in Rev. 16:3?

In fact, 1/3 of the sea turns to blood in Rev. 8... so then the rest in chapter 16?

Isn't this, in fact, in reference to:
Exodus 7:17 'Thus says the LORD, "By this you shall know that I am the LORD: behold, I will strike the water that is in the Nile with the staff that is in my hand, and it will be turned to blood.

Seems to me the waters turning to blood signifies the renewal of the previous covenant under better terms... but I guess if you want to take the dead from the sea being thrown into a lake of fire literally then okay... we both know the sea never REALLY turned to blood, right?

Old 05-08-2010, 03:07 PM

58,581 posts, read 31,974,824 times
Quote:
Yes Legoman.....he has been trying to twist scripture to prove his point and now he has resorted to twisting "my" words to prove his point. He knows his folly, he is just continuing to hold on to that brass ring of his faith. I dont blame him, I did the same thing when I walked in his steps.
LOL You were caught with your pants down and you just can't get over it. LOL

Old 05-08-2010, 03:16 PM

964 posts, read 718,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Don't the ETer's believe anything that Abraham believed in or that Isaiah foretold that Christ would do?

Abraham believed that God justifies the ungodly:

Rom 4:5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness,

And how so? By the blood of Christ. Look here:

Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

At some point, all unbelievers will hear and all the spiritual blind will see and know what Abraham believed:

Isa 29:18 And on that day the deaf shall hear words of a book, And out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind shall see.

Isa 29:24 "And those who err in mind will know the truth, And those who criticize will accept instruction.

And who will lead the blind? God Himself!

Isa 42:16 "And I will lead the blind by a way they do not know, In paths they do not know I will guide them. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places into plains. These are the things I will do, And I will not leave them undone."

Now notice, the Lord does not "offer" to bring these prisoners out of darkness, HE BRINGS THEM OUT!

Isa 42:7 To open blind eyes, To bring out prisoners from the dungeon, And those who dwell in darkness from the prison.

At some point even the ETer's and all their ETing will also come to an end. Isaiah foretold this too:

Isa 29:20 For the ruthless will come to an end, and the scorner will be finished, Indeed all who are intent on doing evil will be cut off;
Isa 29:21 Who cause a person to be indicted by a word, And ensnare him who adjudicates at the gate, And defraud the one in the right with meaningless arguments.

Praise God for it my friends! The deaf shall hear, the blind shall see, and The ETer's will come to an end!
Hot Diggedy Alabama Praise God it's right there plain as day the teaching of ET gone for good. HeeHaw!

Old 05-08-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Didn't you post elsewhere that those dead in the sea are still alive but dead in their sins? or am I mistaken?
I don't recall that...find the thread...do you mean the Gentile Dead? That's the the SEA is in Revelation 20.

Quote:
In Rev. 16:3 those living things in the sea died... all living things. So are the dead in the sea even human? How many humans were alive in the sea then died in it in Rev. 16:3?
What is the context of this verse?

It is the connection to "waters turn to blood" that you are missing here. The Sea in Rev 16 is the sea, an allegorical reference to the covenant curses in Moses' time i.e. Egypt, spritually Sodom, where Christ was crucified....., and the living souls are Jews.....in Jerusalem. The Dead Ones from the Sea in Revelation 20, is the context of the resurrection of the dead, which involves the Gentile and Covenant People world, as stated it would involve, numerous times in numerous places by not only Christ, but all the disciples/Aapostles and in the gospels.

Revelation is a book concerned with the Christ bringing God's punishment upon apostate Israel, in fulfillment of the "Covenant curses" of Leviticus 26 and Deuteronomy 28. Your connection was correct, but then you went way off base. After HarMeggido, and the resurrection of the dead and judgement, we have the Parousia, which occurs in Revelation 21, post death is destroyed, where there is no more tears, sorrow and pain, yet is ONLY inside the New Har/Hill, the New Jerusalem, Mt. Zion where this perfection and reconciliation exists. Only there, and anyting outside of it, is thrown into the lake of fire.

Quote:
Seems to me the waters turning to blood signifies the renewal of the previous covenant under better terms... but I guess if you want to take the dead from the sea being thrown into a lake of fire literally then okay... we both know the sea never REALLY turned to blood, right?
Here is where you jumble your thoughts and confuse yourself greatly. You apply the covetantal curses towards "disembodied" souls in the Lake of Fire onto a people that have to be alive for the curses to begin with.

Last edited by sciotamicks; 05-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.. Reason: Edited to add some xxtra comments

Old 05-08-2010, 03:27 PM

37,615 posts, read 25,307,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Read post #665 people. This thread is moving fast and the post may easily be buried without having been read.
I can't imagine a more appropriate fate for it.Actually . . I do agree with the conclusion about free will . . . but all the other complex "precepts and doctrines of men" you follow are dangerous to your spiritual development. Just "love God and each other" . . . ALL else is vanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or