U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
 
1,711 posts, read 1,564,558 times
Reputation: 179

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Yes you are, you believe in reconciliation in the lake of Fire, that is a futurist fulfillment.
That would be like saying that since you believe that some people will be born again tommorow and gain victory over death, that you are therefore a futurist regarding salvation and the destruction of death.

I believe all liars have had, OR are having, OR will have, their part in the lake of fire, past present and future. On God's timing. Therefore I'm not a futurist. You can call me an is-was-and-will-be-ist if you like.

 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,685,420 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
LOL you don't listen much! You believe people are still being saved so salvation is not complete! I don't think the lake of fire is in the future at all... I have trouble believe the lake of fire is literal... considering the context. But you are welcome to your beliefs. As a preterist I believe salvation is COMPLETE... finished. No more will be saved because Jesus brought salvation to all.

So universalism fits quite nicely with my preterist viewpoint.
Why is Jesus necessary anymore if all are already saved?
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:46 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Why is Jesus necessary anymore if all are already saved?
Jesus is dead. The work was done.. There is no more sacrifice for sin.. what is it you want Jesus to be necessary for? All are saved, Jesus is victorious and has accomplished the ransom of all. What more can he do for mankind?
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:47 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,996 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Why is Jesus necessary anymore if all are already saved?
God gave you a heart so you can live. That doesn't mean that because you now live, your heart is no longer necessary.
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:49 PM
 
433 posts, read 515,011 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
...

I believe all liars have had, are having, will have, their part in the lake of fire, past present and future. Therefore I'm not a futurist.
"Liar" means?

Think about someone who often expresses his opinions on things that can not be known, does that make him a liar? Well, He probably knows he does not have anything to back up his words, but he does it anyway. What do you think?

Now think about people who are into God (people deal with things related to God as opposed to someones who never had anything to do with God), does he know he says the right things?
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM
 
1,711 posts, read 1,564,558 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic235 View Post
"Liar" means?

Think about someone who often expresses his opinions on things that can not be known, does that make him a liar? Well, He probably knows he does not have anything to back up his words, but he does it anyway. What do you think?

Now think about people who are into God (people deal with things related to God as opposed to someones who never had anything to do with God), does he know he says the right things?
Yup, I agree. But I think it would depend on (a) the attitude with which one speaks (love or hate) and (b) does he admit he could be wrong and express his opions as opinions or as the absolute truth.
 
Old 05-09-2010, 09:56 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,031 posts, read 2,685,420 times
Reputation: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Jesus is dead. The work was done.. There is no more sacrifice for sin.. what is it you want Jesus to be necessary for? All are saved, Jesus is victorious and has accomplished the ransom of all. What more can he do for mankind?
 
Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 PM
 
433 posts, read 515,011 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Yup, I agree. But I think it would depend on (a) the attitude with which one speaks (love or hate) and (b) does he admit he could be wrong and express his opions as opinions or as the absolute truth.
Misrepresentation can be out of good intention -- true. Leave alone the matter of whether misrepresentation should be done, think about someone who makes a claim on behave of God, and labels it as "absolute laws" ... aren't you concerned about these people? The doers seem to know what they are doing.
 
Old 05-09-2010, 10:05 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 453,175 times
Reputation: 385
Kat,

It is not Jesus death that achieved salvation it was his resurrection.........

We see that each has his own time in salvation
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

due time

G2398
ἴδιος
idios
id'-ee-os
Of uncertain affinity; pertaining to self, that is, one's own; by implication private or separate: - X his acquaintance, when they were alone, apart, aside, due, his (own, proper, several), home, (her, our, thine, your) own (business), private (-ly), proper, severally, their (own).
 
Old 05-09-2010, 11:00 PM
 
Location: Seattle, Washington
8,435 posts, read 8,386,559 times
Reputation: 1690
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Kat,

It is not Jesus death that achieved salvation it was his resurrection.........

We see that each has his own time in salvation
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

due time

G2398
ἴδιος
idios
id'-ee-os
Of uncertain affinity; pertaining to self, that is, one's own; by implication private or separate: - X his acquaintance, when they were alone, apart, aside, due, his (own, proper, several), home, (her, our, thine, your) own (business), private (-ly), proper, severally, their (own).
I'm a preterist so I interpret that as future to the author of Timothy and past to us.

There is nothing left for Christ to do... the work is finished.

IMO Christ did the work that people have faith in... what is there to have faith in now that you can see your salvation at work?

Anyway...

BTW - Jesus died but that doesn't mean I am denying his resurrection... Just no need to mention it. Our salvation was brought to us when the Jewish sacrificial system was done away with in 70AD or so I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top