U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-13-2010, 03:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,700,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes. But I at this time do not believe I have any reason to just because you speak.
Ok, then why are you talking to me? Why are you on here at all? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to understand.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,053,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Ok, then why are you talking to me? Why are you on here at all? I'm not trying to be rude, I'm trying to understand.
I know this is a conversation between you and Phazelwood, but I'm just curious if you're on here because you're considering changing your beliefs. If not, I don't know why you would ask that.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:36 PM

5,925 posts, read 3,523,052 times
Quote:
We need to be exegetes when reading the Bible. It doesn't matter if he thinks or I think a verse means something, there only is one meaning and that is the authors.
Your statement in and of itself has no merit in demonstrating that your correct.
You obfuscate that fact by making an assumption that I have not critically analyzed scripture in order to make conclusions.

I have, and it is why many of your comments towards me are simply slanderous in nature.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:

I talk, because I like conversation, discussion and challenges, sometimes I do encounter things to consider.

Personal comments about what I understand or the nature of why I believe are not conversation, it is not discussion and in no way challenging.

This will not prevent me from continuing to endeavor in seeking, searching, learning, perhaps I may learn from you, perhaps I won't, it is the way things are.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I know this is a conversation between you and Phazelwood, but I'm just curious if you're on here because you're considering changing your beliefs. If not, I don't know why you would ask that.
BHFT, I definitely am open to changing my beliefs! A few months ago, I didn't have a stance on OSAS and now I don't believe that is true. I would never say that I know everything and I won't change. I continue to research on many topics discussed. I would never say that I know everything for that would be extremely arrogant.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Your statement in and of itself has no merit in demonstrating that your correct.
You obfuscate that fact by making an assumption that I have not critically analyzed scripture in order to make conclusions.

I have, and it is why many of your comments towards me are simply slanderous in nature.
I am not slandering you. UR is based on being an eisegete. It has to be or universalists would understand that salvation is not for all. The Bible states over and over again who and who won't be in heaven. To ignore them is not being an exegete.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:53 PM

3,371 posts, read 2,038,836 times
Quote:
I am not slandering you. UR is based on being an eisegete. It has to be or universalists would understand that salvation is not for all. The Bible states over and over again who and who won't be in heaven. To ignore them is not being an exegete.
Yes, it does say over and over again who will be not be part of the KINGDOM!

Interesting stuff, I promise you.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:

Not agreeing with what you believe the bible says has nothing to do with what I am or am not.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I am not slandering you.
You make assumptions that have the nature of impuning someones character.

You have no idea who I am or what my life is or the changes I have made to what I believe through hours of study so you have no basis for your slanderous (yes, that is what they are) comments.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Not agreeing with what you believe the bible says has nothing to do with what I am or am not.
Phazelwood, it has nothing to do with my beliefs. It has to do with what the Bible says. Either the whole Bible is true because it's God Holy Word or it's not true. It really is as simple as that. I choose to believe in the entire Bible and not dismiss verses because people think they have been mistranslated over the years. The Lord would never let His Word become tainted. God is not going to deceive us for in 2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." God's Word is true! Not just parts of it, but all of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.