U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 03:06 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,685,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
You make assumptions that have the nature of impuning someones character.

You have no idea who I am or what my life is or the changes I have made to what I believe through hours of study so you have no basis for your slanderous (yes, that is what they are) comments.
I am sorry you feel that way, but I am not trying to slander you. I would never purposely try to slander anyone. Maybe you are getting upset because the Lord is tugging on your heart.

We are way off topic so I'll step out now.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM

5,925 posts, read 5,683,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
Phazelwood, it has nothing to do with my beliefs. It has to do with what the Bible says. Either the whole Bible is true because it's God Holy Word or it's not true. It really is as simple as that. I choose to believe in the entire Bible and not dismiss verses because people think they have been mistranslated over the years. The Lord would never let His Word become tainted. God is not going to deceive us for in 2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." God's Word is true! Not just parts of it, but all of it!
Your misrepresenting the facts.

Pointing out aspects of "translations" has nothing to do with dismissing scripture. There are plenty of translations and many of them have different wording. The difference in that wording is often why there is investigation into what truth a verse actually contains.

Such as the word HELL. It is a false assertion to say someone does not believe scripture because they do not acknowledge that hell is in the bible. This is demonstrated by the fact that different translation contain the word a various number of times and some translations do not even contain the word at all.

If there is a disagreement on what truth a scripture might contain that does not demonstrate any fact concerning someone that does not agree with you dismissing scripture.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Quote:
Phazelwood, it has nothing to do with my beliefs. It has to do with what the Bible says. Either the whole Bible is true because it's God Holy Word or it's not true. It really is as simple as that. I choose to believe in the entire Bible and not dismiss verses because people think they have been mistranslated over the years. The Lord would never let His Word become tainted. God is not going to deceive us for in 2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness." God's Word is true! Not just parts of it, but all of it!

CantWait2Leave,

I PROMISE you that there are mistranslations in the Bible! And not just mistranslations but ridiculous misinterpretations. Any pastor worth 2 cents will tell you this unless he is trying to keep his head in the sand!

This does NOT detract terribly from the message of hope and love behind Jesus and His message. But, the BIG PICTURE has indeed been lost.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
CantWait2Leave,

I PROMISE you that there are mistranslations in the Bible! And not just mistranslations but ridiculous misinterpretations. Any pastor worth 2 cents will tell you this unless he is trying to keep his head in the sand!

This does NOT detract terribly from the message of hope and love behind Jesus and His message. But, the BIG PICTURE has indeed been lost.
I think it's really sad that you have been led to believe that the Bible is so mistranslated that even the Big Picture is lost. This truly saddens me. The Gospel is the same today as it was when Jesus died and rose again.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:21 PM

21,417 posts, read 29,542,083 times
Quote:
Amen Sister! God is certainly capable of keeping His Word free from error!

Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,989 times
Quote:
The Gospel is the same today as it was when Jesus died and rose again.

Exactly! And do you know how many people have tried to get away from the Catholic and Protestant churches to keep the message alive??!

Many, many people. They are kicked out of the Synagogues and slandered and shamed.

I left organized religion a long time ago. I saw through the scheming and the scamming and started looking for true believers. Guess what? Not many TRUE believers out there. Most of christianity on this planet for the last 2000 years has been holding hands with a warring beast with it's own agenda!

I have been alone for many years, staying in as much light as I can possibly find. My kids are home-schooled. We do not have T.V. We do not go to the movies. Star Wars is out. Twilight is out. Ect., etc.

Most of Christianity is a joke, ESPECIALLY these days. Outsiders can see the insanity of what calls itself christian. The fruit that has been produced is downright ugly. The hypocrisy, double-talk, upholding of wars and armies, persecution, and so on had me fit to be tied. I cried day after day wondering where the Love and Light was. IT is NOT in tradition. I began to think that if no one was out there than WHO COULD BE SAVED? (You do realize what religion is propping up don't you?)

There is always a remnant of those that believe EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God!

I have been searching my whole life for those missing puzzle pieces! And I will continue to do so with my entire body, soul, and mind!

I'll say it yet again. Most of Christianity is going to be in for a terrible surprise.

Last edited by herefornow; 05-13-2010 at 04:04 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Traditional Christianity is self service. Work to save yourself. Forget about anyone else. As long as you get yours, pee on everyone else, for the rest of everlasting. That is what they say Christs message is, when you read the gospel you see Christ is saying live for others die to self. They got it the other way around, live for self let everyone else die ...

Traditional fundamental Christianity is contemporary Phariseeism.
and this ins't slanderous....

Old 05-14-2010, 08:53 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,405,821 times
Quote:
Is It Godís Will That All Men Be Saved? ę Jesus is Lord!

Here's a great article for you, but you probably won't read it since you have no interest in changing your beliefs.
CantWait2Leave, did you actually read that article? It concludes that men don't have free will and that God doesn't want to save everyone...

Is that what you believe too? That is standard Calvinist thought, and unfortunately it leads to horrible ideas like God purposing people to be tormented forever because He hates the people He Himself made. I didn't think you were a Calvinist?

Old 05-14-2010, 09:06 AM

6,221 posts, read 6,405,821 times
Quote:
I am not slandering you. UR is based on being an eisegete. It has to be or universalists would understand that salvation is not for all. The Bible states over and over again who and who won't be in heaven. To ignore them is not being an exegete.
Actually, the bible states over and over again who and who won't be in the Kingdom. It is you who is being an eisegete and assuming "Kingdom" = eternal blissful heaven.

Let's look at the topic of this thread: the word "hell". In the whole old-testament, this word "hell" comes from the Hebrew word sheol. And they understood sheol to be a place of resting, peace, silence, darkness, no knowledge, no sound, no device - nothingness - the unseen - the place where you are DEAD. Not alive in conscious torment.

So if you have studied this, why do you not acknowledge what sheol was? And do you realize sheol is hades? So is it good exegesis to ignore what the OT peoples understood "hell" AKA sheol to be?

I'm asking you honestly here CantWait2Leave. Can you see what the OT people understood sheol to be? Have you studied the verses I posted originally? This is important, as it is the basis of understanding whether "hell" is really a place of eternal torment or not... or whether "hell" even exists or not.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 AM

58,482 posts, read 31,880,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
The gods that Christianity WARships are not much different than the pagan gods of old.
I don't know what church you do to , but I have never been to a Christian church who worship more than one God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or