U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 10:19 AM

58,480 posts, read 31,872,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You know a tree by its fruit ...
Yes, and your judgemental-ism shows which tree you came from.

Funny you shoud fall in your own trap.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:28 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,198,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, and your judgemental-ism shows which tree you came from.

Funny you shoud fall in your own trap.
I believe you are saved friend, even though i also discern much from your words. I am not laying any traps. And i said nothing about you, but if the shoe fits ...

God bless ...

Old 05-14-2010, 12:30 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,685,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
CantWait2Leave, did you actually read that article? It concludes that men don't have free will and that God doesn't want to save everyone...

Is that what you believe too? That is standard Calvinist thought, and unfortunately it leads to horrible ideas like God purposing people to be tormented forever because He hates the people He Himself made. I didn't think you were a Calvinist?
Yes, I read it and no, I don't agree with all of it, but it definitely has some good points. No, I'm not a Calvinist.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I think it's really sad that you have been led to believe that the Bible is so mistranslated that even the Big Picture is lost. This truly saddens me. The Gospel is the same today as it was when Jesus died and rose again.

Do you believe in unicorns? Well the word "rĕ'em" is translated as unicorn throughout the KJV and the Septuagint ... And it really is an ox ...

Old 05-14-2010, 02:12 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't know what church you do to , but I have never been to a Christian church who worship more than one God.

I do not belong to a building. I AM the church and we ARE the temple!

"Christianity" WARships the god of war, amongst many others.

Do you know who the Beast and Whor* of Revelation are?

Religion is TIED to politics around the world. It always has been, whether anybody will admit it or not. It has served it's purpose, though, and most likely it's time is about up, and what is coming behind it will not be any better, and could be far worse, unfortunately.

Religion has just been one big training camp, whether it comes in the form of Islam, Judaism, or Christianity.

Religion tells you who to vote for and who the enemy is. Whether you realize this or not doesn't matter to me, much. I'm quite used to people not hearing me.

Who is our mediator?

Why do we have one?

And are we supposed to have ANY OTHER?!

One thing that all these religions have in common is the threat of eternal damnation for going against them. Why is that and how has if affected human beings around the world, regarding politics and such?

Old 05-14-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I do not belong to a building. I AM the church and we ARE the temple!

Do you know who the Beast and Whor* of Revelation are?

Religion is TIED to politics around the world. It always has been, whether anybody will admit it or not. It has served it's purpose, though, and most likely it's time is about up, and what is coming behind it will not be any better, and could be far worse, unfortunately.

Religion has just been one big training camp, whether it comes in the form of Islam, Judaism, or Christianity.

Religion tells you who to vote for and who the enemy is. Whether you realize this or not doesn't matter to me, much. I'm quite used to people not hearing me.

Who is our mediator?

Why do we have one?

And are we supposed to have ANY OTHER?!

One thing that all these religions have in common is the threat of eternal damnation for going against them. Why is that and how has if affected human beings around the world, regarding politics and such?

You are so very right ... Ever since Constantine made Christianity the state religion of Rome, after he had the vision of the cross just before a major battle, Christianity has been usurped by war mongering hell fire threatening men of violence and destruction. That is when the doctrine of Hell and ET began to take over the orthodox tradition, as a weapon of terror to use against anyone who would challenge the dogmatic traditions of the Mother Church of Rome. All the fathers of ET were violent pagan men who took pleasure in the thought of their enemies burning in the flames of hell for everlasting.

Quote:
The night before he was to launch an attack on his rival, Maxentius, just outside of Rome, Constantine received an omen... What sort of omen Constantine received is a matter of dispute. Eusebius says that Constantine saw a vision in the sky; Lactantius says it was a dream. Both agree that the omen informed Constantine that he would conquer under the sign of Christ (Greek: en touto nika; Latin: in hoc signo vinces).

from http://atheism.about.com/od/constant...-Cross-Sky.htm
Since that time the western world has made war after war, all in the name of the prince of peace ... All the way up until our own time and the war against Islamic terrorism, when bush himself said that this was the new crusade against evil in the name of Christianity ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 05-14-2010 at 02:47 PM..

Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,685,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Actually, the bible states over and over again who and who won't be in the Kingdom. It is you who is being an eisegete and assuming "Kingdom" = eternal blissful heaven.

Let's look at the topic of this thread: the word "hell". In the whole old-testament, this word "hell" comes from the Hebrew word sheol. And they understood sheol to be a place of resting, peace, silence, darkness, no knowledge, no sound, no device - nothingness - the unseen - the place where you are DEAD. Not alive in conscious torment.

So if you have studied this, why do you not acknowledge what sheol was? And do you realize sheol is hades? So is it good exegesis to ignore what the OT peoples understood "hell" AKA sheol to be?

I'm asking you honestly here CantWait2Leave. Can you see what the OT people understood sheol to be? Have you studied the verses I posted originally? This is important, as it is the basis of understanding whether "hell" is really a place of eternal torment or not... or whether "hell" even exists or not.
I had a really long response, but deleted it because we will just go around in circles on this. I'll paraphrase what I wrote- yes, I've researched and continue to research sheol, but also, gehenna, hades, tartaros.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:05 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,380,473 times
Quote:
You are so very right ... Ever since Constantine made Christianity the state religion of Rome, after he had the vision of the cross just before a major battle, Christianity has been usurped by war mongering hell fire threatening men of violence and destruction. That is when the doctrine of Hell and ET began to take over the orthodox tradition, as a weapon of terror to use against anyone who would challenge the dogmatic traditions of the Mother Church of Rome. All the fathers of ET were violent pagan men who took pleasure in the thought of their enemies burning in the flames of hell for everlasting.

Since that time the western world has made war after war, all in the name of the prince of peace ... All the way up until our own time and the war against Islamic terrorism, when bush himself said that this was the new crusade against evil in the name of Christianity ...

I just can't imagine what the disciples would think about all of this, let alone, God!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
And i said nothing about you, but if the shoe fits ....
It is funny how you add "God bless" to the end even when you know you were not being honest.

Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Tell that to Joshua, and God who told Joshua to do what he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or