U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-30-2010, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
And if you are going to take the PARABLE of the rich man and Lazarus as what actually happens when one dies
Again, its either Jesus Christ's own words of the words of an internet universliast, so I will go with Jesus Christ.


Quote:
That's cute.
It is also Biblical. When Stephen was being stoned to death he knew he was dying and he said "Lord, receive my spirit". He didn't say "send me to Hades". The body goes to 'sleep', but the spirit goes to Heaven.

2 Corinthians 5:8 Paul says "To be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord".

Philippians 1:23 Paul says about death, "Far better to depart and be with Christ"

Believers are either here walking and talking, or they are dead with the Lord. Believeres do not go to Hades anymore.

Paul says about the raputre "God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 4:14

So, he will bring with him the spirits (souls) of the dead Christians from heaven and they will be reunited with their their bodies. And those believeres who are still alive will also be taken up with their bodies. Will there be a physical transformation. Yes, there must be, but in the end ALL believers, dead or alive will be rapurered with the body and soul.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-30-2010 at 10:39 AM..

 
Old 04-30-2010, 10:16 AM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,088 posts, read 12,706,640 times
Reputation: 3975
What is "Hell" according to the scriptures

Having to read the scriptures or sitting through one of those interminable sermons.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 10:42 AM
 
Location: RV Park
7,543 posts, read 11,558,523 times
Reputation: 4461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When Stephen was being stoned to death he said "Lord, receive my spirit". He didn't say "send me to Hades". The body goes to 'sleep', but the spirit goes to Heaven.
This is the view of the church taught doctrine that believes God is not a consuming fire - but He is. If God is to be all in all, the fire that we have always feared will be a part of the One we love so dearly - yet we need to stand in awe of Him.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 11:28 AM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Again, its either Jesus Christ's own words of the words of an internet universliast, so I will go with Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ's words are my words.




Quote:
It is also Biblical. When Stephen was being stoned to death he knew he was dying and he said "Lord, receive my spirit". He didn't say "send me to Hades". The body goes to 'sleep', but the spirit goes to Heaven.
Since God is everywhere and the Bible says of all humans "in Him we are moving and living and are" and "He gives to all, life and breath and all" how far did Stephen's spirit have to go to be with God? Just outside his skin because God is everywhere. Stephen didnt go to heaven. He went to Hades which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word Sheol which is the grave.

Quote:
2 Corinthians 5:8 Paul says "To be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord".
Your bible is wrong. It doesn't say that. It says:
"yet we are encouraged, and are delighting rather to be away from home out of the body and to be at home with the Lord."

Either your version is a Satanic version or you are just outright lying. No bible I have says "is to be at home".

Quote:
Philippians 1:23 Paul says about death, "Far better to depart and be with Christ"
Phi 1:23 "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better."
Paul taught that the only way to "depart and be with Christ" is via resurrection of the dead 1st and those made alive dead meeting the believers who are alive and changed. Together at one time they all meet the Lord in the air, not one at a time.

Quote:
Believers are either here walking and talking, or they are dead with the Lord. Believeres do not go to Hades anymore.
If the dead are with the Lord, why are we not saved and more forelorn than all men if there is no resurrection? All mankind goes to hades upon death which is just the grave.

Quote:
Paul says about the raputre "God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 4:14
Right, after they have been resurrected from their graves which hasn't happened yet. Remember, the raised dead meet the living believers and together, all at the same time, they all meet the Lord in the air.

Quote:
So, he will bring with him the spirits (souls) of the dead Christians from heaven and they will be reunited with their their bodies. And those believeres who are still alive will also be taken up with their bodies. Will there be a physical transformation. Yes, there must be, but in the end ALL believers, dead or alive will be rapurered with the body and soul.
No He won't.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Jesus Christ's words are my words.
No, you dismissed His words by saying it is "only" a parable.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Since God is everywhere and the Bible says of all humans "in Him we are moving and living and are" and "He gives to all, life and breath and all" how far did Stephen's spirit have to go to be with God? Just outside his skin because God is everywhere. Stephen didnt go to heaven. He went to Hades which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word Sheol which is the grave.
OK, so he is in his grave with God. I hope the gasket is big enough for both of them. You'r not making much sense, but what else is new....

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 04-30-2010 at 01:08 PM..
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:09 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Jesus Christ's words are my words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you dismissed His words by saying it is "only" a parable.
That's a lie. re-read the post. I never said it is "only" a parable.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
58,519 posts, read 31,902,789 times
Reputation: 9412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Your bible is wrong. It doesn't say that. It says:
"yet we are encouraged, and are delighting rather to be away from home out of the body and to be at home with the Lord."

Either your version is a Satanic version or you are just outright lying. No bible I have says "is to be at home".
Same thing. Thanks for proving my point.

Drop the childish accusations.

As a matter of fact, the conversaion is over. I don't need to listen to that kind of trash.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Since God is everywhere and the Bible says of all humans "in Him we are moving and living and are" and "He gives to all, life and breath and all" how far did Stephen's spirit have to go to be with God? Just outside his skin because God is everywhere. Stephen didnt go to heaven. He went to Hades which is the Greek translation of the Hebrew word Sheol which is the grave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
OK, so he is in his grave with God. Don't make much sense, but what else is new....
Just because you think it doesn't make much sense does not mean it is wrong.

David said "If I make my bed in the grave, behold, Thou art there." God is everywhere. We can't escape His presence.
 
Old 04-30-2010, 12:13 PM
 
17,968 posts, read 12,437,909 times
Reputation: 989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Same thing. Thanks for proving my point.

Drop the childish accusations.

As a matter of fact, the conversaion is over. I don't need to listen to that kind of trash.
I wasn't making accusations, just observations. Maybe when you've grown up a little we can have an adult conversation about these things.

The fact is is that you did lie because you put that supposed verse in quotes as if the bible actually said "to depart is to be with Christ." Quit lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top