Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 07:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are proclaiming what you say is not possible . . . error in the bible.
The error is on your side. You insist on bickering about translations of the Bible where Hades is translated as hell, and I have explained you the difference between Hades and permanent hell, and supported it with the scripture, but you keep coming back to deliberately twist my words and misrepresent what I have said.

Even now on you very post you claim I proclaim there is an error in the Bible. This is an bald faced lie. Plain and simple.

Twisting words, and misrepresenting other peoples words is typical universalist tactic.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yoohoo, Finn_Jarber . . . .
Which part of 'good bye' to stuggle to understand?

I told you I have no time for your chilidish games.

Read my words and compare it to yours and tell me how is changes the meaning of the verse?

Your games are childish, pure and simple.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:18 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which part of 'good bye' to stuggle to understand?
Gheesh, try to spell and learn grammar. "to stuggle" is not good English.
Quote:
I told you I have no time for your chilidish games.
In other words, you are saying this: "Eusebius, yes I put into quotes "to depart is to be with Christ" but really I just lied. I wanted so badly to try to get you to believe like me that I was willing to lie. There really isn't any bible which says "to depart is to be with Christ." But I really didn't think anyone would catch my little lie. And since you are trying to get me to fess up to my lie I have no alternative but to change the subject to you playing childish games. That way everyone will think the problem lies with you and not me."
Quote:
Read my words and compare it to yours and tell me how is changes the meaning of the verse?
The change from "to depart AND to be with Christ" is very much different than "to depart IS to be with Christ."

Phi 1:23 (Yet I am being pressed out of the two, having a yearning for the solution and to be together with Christ, for it, rather, is much better.)"

Notice it does not say "to depart is to be with Christ." Paul was yearning for two things: 1. a solution to his dillemma and 2 to be together with Christ.
Quote:
Your games are childish, pure and simple.
I hope you looked at yourself in the mirror with you said that.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Gheesh, try to spell and learn grammar. "to stuggle" is not good English.
Making fun of spelling now?

Congratulations. You just joined the few and chosen on my ignore list.

Correction: you are the first and the only poster on my ignore list.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:13 AM

309 posts, read 363,014 times
Quote:
No, he nas not. I did, on the contrary, provide plenty of Bible verses proving my point.
Finn....I never said you didnt provide verses. It's that the verses you provided just did not prove your point, thats all. Are the ones Eusebius provided lies then??

As long as you are providing verses though and we all know you are capable of doing so, then please provide a few of the ones I am asking for. I gave you some 42 verses. Please provide a few of these so I know how YOUR bible translates the words sheol and hades.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:19 AM

Eusebius....

He is not going to give you anything, the verse you are asking for, or the one "I" am asking for. He has bookended his self, so I dont blame him for being upset. I would just pray for him.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,965,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Eusebius....

He is not going to give you anything, the verse you are asking for, or the one "I" am asking for. He has bookended his self, so I dont blame him for being upset. I would just pray for him.
I think he is just playing games with us. He writes things and then when we call him on what he wrote he gets mad and accuses us of other things as if that gets him off the hook for lying.

And now he has put me on his iggy list LOL! How immature. It is for the best though since I don't really like dealing with his type. I will pray for him.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
Finn....I never said you didnt provide verses. It's that the verses you provided just did not prove your point, thats all. Are the ones Eusebius provided lies then??
I don't recall him quoting many, and I don't recall a single one proving anything. When I see people bicker over one word, or attack someone spelling, all I can do is roll my eyes and ignore them.

Quote:
As long as you are providing verses though and we all know you are capable of doing so, then please provide a few of the ones I am asking for. I gave you some 42 verses. Please provide a few of these so I know how YOUR bible translates the words sheol and hades.
This is going to have to end. Why does your kind always insist on starting from the begining when they know they lost. Why are you still insisting on some KJV translating Hades as hell, when the issue has been clarified to you over and over and over. Why, because the univeralist crowd is desparate to prove there is no hell, so they keep talking about the KJV translation of Hades to confuse those who don't know better.

Just read from the begining and you will know the difference between Hades and hell. What is the point of repeating everything?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I think he is just playing games with us.
Eusebius....I am beginning to see this to.

Quote:
There really isn't any bible which says "to depart is to be with Christ."
Accually I have to agree with Finn on this one. There is actually a translation of scripture that states "to depart is to be with Christ." in that verse. It is the FJV translation, have you ever heard of it??

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't recall him quoting many, and I don't recall a single one proving anything. When I see people bicker over one word, or attack someone spelling, all I can do is roll my eyes and ignore them.

This is going to have to end. Why does your kind always insist on starting from the begining when they know they lost. Why are you still insisting on some KJV translating Hades as hell, when the issue has been clarified to you over and over and over. Why, because the univeralist crowd is desparate to prove there is no hell, so they keep talking about the KJV translation of Hades to confuse those who don't know better.

Just read from the begining and you will know the difference between Hades and hell. What is the point of repeating everything?
Ok so we have established that hades and sheol are not examples of the Christian hell... so to keep up with the OP, let's focus on the other two that are translated as hell.. Gehenna and tartarus.

Tartarus is used, what, once? twice maybe?

Gehenna is the name of an actual place where the dead bodies of the shamed were thrown (literally) and burned with the town garbage (literally) so how can that be the Christian Hell if it only burned the bodies until they were ash?

That really only leaves the Lake of Fire from Revelation... Being a book of symbols anyway, how can we say the LOF is real but the Lamb is a symbol for Christ? What is the LOF symbolic of?

And where is hell defined as a place of eternal torture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity