Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2010, 04:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
I don't know what all this has to do with "Where is David now", but ok, I'll play. NO, David did not have faith, it was given to him by God. And yes God answered and listened to David..
Then David had to be righteous. You have to be righteous. Anyone who belongs to God is righteous.

1 Peter 3:12
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

Romans 1:17
For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God

Old 05-01-2010, 05:00 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeallcomm View Post
MY GOODNESS.....AFTER HOOOUUURS OF WAITING I FINALLY GET THE ANSWER TO MY QUESTION OF 'WHERE DAVID IS NOW'

THANKS EUSEBIUS
A wrong one...but at least it was what you wanted to hear.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:06 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Then David had to be righteous. You have to be righteous. Anyone who belongs to God is righteous.

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."

For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

David was righteous only relative to other humans.
The bible says "all sin and are wanting of the glory of God. There is none righteous, no not one." Paul wrote that and knew the Old Testament better than most since he was a pharisee. David was a murderer and adulterer.

Old 05-01-2010, 05:14 PM

309 posts, read 362,930 times
Twin.spin....I still dont know what this has to do "Where David is Now" but again...here ya go.

Quote:

Well who made these righteous then??

Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

and those 'evil doers' who made them??

Pro 16:4 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Once again, by the faith God gave them

To this....I agree

Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
A wrong one...but at least it was what you wanted to hear.
Once again....I asked for "sccriipptturre" to state where David is now and once againg "SCRIPTURE" is said to be wrong.

So once again, another simple question, "WHAT DO THE SCRIPTURES EUSEBIUS QUOTED MEAN THEN???"

Old 05-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Eusebius....

I hope the tell us what those scriptures you quoted REALLY mean. We are about to learn something here so pay attention!!! Or just get your black marker ready.....you know the one I'm talking about....or hey...we can just rip the page out so there is no mess ..eh!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:25 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with universalism. Who said it does? It says believers will be with the Lord when they die. They do not go to Hades as Eusebius was trying to say, they go to be with the Lord. I used the verse to support my point, but of course, Eusebius ignored the point completely and started bickering about the use of quotation marks. It's ridiculous. And after that he attacked my spelling.

AND YOU'RE ACCUSING ME FOR BEING OFF TOPIC?????
HEY.. if HADES means GRAVE then EVERYONE GOES THERE immediately upon death! And you are the one who kept talking about how universalists do this and you proved universalism wrong etc.

Just stick to the topic... HELL and we shouldn't have any problems...

Old 05-01-2010, 05:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
I know what you mean.

It's more than childish. It's offering a salvation plan to unbelievers that God does not offer. It's rejecting the truth
So now God doesn't even OFFER salvation to unbelievers??

Interesting how convoluted your opinion of God and salvation is!

Old 05-01-2010, 05:38 PM

Finn...

Eusebuis did not ignore the point completely....he gave you these verses (I think)

1Th 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

....how is that ignoring the point????

Again, if he is misunderstanding these verses, then "what do they mean then"??

Old 05-01-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
HEY.. if HADES means GRAVE then EVERYONE GOES THERE immediately upon death! And you are the one who kept talking about how universalists do this and you proved universalism wrong etc.

Just stick to the topic... HELL and we shouldn't have any problems...
Yes... lets stick to the topic.

Though I believe that hades can be translated as grave, it is not a grave (sotospeak) like a tomb, but rather a 'realm'. The BODY is in the tomb but the SOUL is in hades.

I will try to explain, in my opinion, what ‘sheol/hades’ is to me. To me, it a little different than what one could call a “grave”. This is what I got so far...

To start with, “Living Created Man” has a simple formula in the scriptures.
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
So one can see, by this scripture, what Adam was. He was Dust (body)+God’s Breath (spirit). At this time he now ‘exists’ as a Living Soul. So the formula is not…

Body + Spirit + Soul = Man
Or
Body x Spirit x Soul = One Triune Man

It is simply a Body plus Spirit equals a “Living Soul”. So to take away the ‘spirit’ from the ‘body’, you would be left with a DEAD soul. To understand ‘what’ happens to all of these aspects (body, spirit, soul) AFTER death can be very helpful.
So where do the scriptures say the Spirit goes after death? Using Christ Himself is a great example.

Luk 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

To the Father is where the spirit goes as scripture states

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was; and the spirit shall return to the God Who gave it" (Ecc. 12:7).

So the Spirit goes to the Father who gave it, but where did Christ’s BODY go??

Matt. 27:59-60: "And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and laid it in his own new tomb ... "

So Jesus was DEAD and BURIED (entombed). The ‘body’ then, it goes to the dust/ground from which it came. "Then shall the dust return to the earth” (Ecc. 12:7).

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

So WHERE is Christ at this time, the “person” they knew and talked to when He walked the earth?? Where is the “HE” or the “HIM”?? We can say rightfully that “Jesus HAS a BODY”, and we know where His “body” went at this time, but where is Jesus “Himself”??

So far we have a ‘living soul’ that died because the ‘spirit’ left Him, we are now left with a ‘dead soul’. So where did His ‘soul’ go??

Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (hades), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

The ‘soul’ goes to ‘hades’ as the scripture says…

Psa 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave (sheol/hades): for he shall receive me. Selah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity