Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No Ilene, Scripture does NOT support this theory and you know it, or least you used to. I don't feel anyone deserves hell, but it's a choice. You have seen all the Scripture that prove that hell is eternal separation from God, you know the truth, please don't reject it! Lies come from the devil and this is a BIG one! It's a "feel good" kind of religion. When you turn your back on what the Bible teaches it is a dire situation. I am praying for you as many others are too. Please do not be blinded by this.
If it were possible for people to "choose hell," if God loves the people He created, why would He come up with a plan that allows people to make such a stupid, stupid decision? If you have kids, would you allow them to choose to play in the backyard or in a forest fire? Would a child even be dumb enough to choose to play in fire?

I just read over your post again and saw that you called it eternal separation from God, so maybe you don't believe in a literal fire. (?) In that case, would you let your child choose between living in your home and living with an evil person or on a desserted island, or whatever analogy might fit here?

The bible is like a puzzle that can only be put together by the Holy Spirit. Instead of "the bible says," (i.e. what I've been taught) always being the basis of your faith, you should think "God is." Read the scriptures with who He is in mind. A good start is to read it without forgetting that God is Love. He never changes. No matter what, He is always, always Love.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:51 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
If it were possible for people to "choose hell," if God loves the people He created, why would He come up with a plan that allows people to make such a stupid, stupid decision? If you have kids, would you allow them to choose to play in the backyard or in a forest fire? Would a child even be dumb enough to choose to play in fire?

I just read over your post again and saw that you called it eternal separation from God, so maybe you don't believe in a literal fire. (?) In that case, would you let your child choose between living in your home and living with an evil person or on a desserted island, or whatever analogy might fit here?

The bible is like a puzzle that can only be put together by the Holy Spirit. Instead of "the bible says," (i.e. what I've been taught) always being the basis of your faith, you should think "God is." Read the scriptures with who He is in mind. A good start is to read it without forgetting that God is Love. He never changes. No matter what, He is always, always Love.
We have free will, we can choose Jesus or reject Him, I have chosen Him. Yes God is God and He is love, but He will not let disobedience go, there are consequences for rejecting Him and that is eternal separation from Him. Unbelievers go to hell because they are incompatible with Heaven.

Old 05-06-2010, 08:55 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Truly excellent advice!!

Old 05-06-2010, 08:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
We have free will, we can choose Jesus or reject Him, I have chosen Him. Yes God is God and He is love, but He will not let disobedience go, there are consequences for rejecting Him and that is eternal separation from Him. Unbelievers go to hell because they are incompatible with Heaven.
Perhaps you don't understand the nature of God as completely as you think you do?

Incompatible with Heaven?

Where do you get that?

Old 05-06-2010, 08:59 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,250 times
Quote:
I've never heard any Christian Universalist, or any Christian, say that God will let disobedience go.

After death, no one can be an unbeliever anymore, so you're right that no unbelievers will be in heaven.

Sin is incompatible with heaven, not sinners/unbelievers. We are all sinners and Jesus' victory is that He died to save us from our sins, and He will conquer death and the grave.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Perhaps you don't understand the nature of God as completely as you think you do?

Incompatible with Heaven?

Where do you get that?
The Bible.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:04 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,921,471 times
Quote:

I'm just curious.. what you said here kind of stood out to me:
YOU chose HIM?

So you feel it's justified for those who were not as clever as yourself, to be fried for an enernity? Or separated from their Creator for an eternity.. (which would mean separated from LOVE for an enternity?)
IS that really how you view this whole thing?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,525,301 times
Quote:
The Bible.
I think you have come up with concepts that are not taught in the bible because I read mine daily... yet I believe Jesus came to save the lost and the ungodly...yet some think that God created hell to torture them rather than clean em up before they enter his presence.

I find that to be an error in understanding of God's nature, grace, power, and intentions.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I'm just curious.. what you said here kind of stood out to me:
YOU chose HIM?

So you feel it's justified for those who were not as clever as yourself, to be fried for an enernity? Or separated from their Creator for an eternity.. (which would mean separated from LOVE for an enternity?)
IS that really how you view this whole thing?

Yes I chose Him, NO ONE will be able to stand before God and say I didn't know Romans 1:19-20. Yes they will separated from God, from love for ALL ETERNITY, that is why it is so important to tell people about Jesus NOW, tomorrow may be too late.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I think you have come up with concepts that are not taught in the bible because I read mine daily... yet I believe Jesus came to save the lost and the ungodly...yet some think that God created hell to torture them rather than clean em up before they enter his presence.

I find that to be an error in understanding of God's nature, grace, power, and intentions.
Well you would think that...............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity