Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes I chose Him, NO ONE will be able to stand before God and say I didn't know Romans 1:19-20. Yes they will separated from God, from love for ALL ETERNITY, that is why it is so important to tell people about Jesus NOW, tomorrow may be too late.
Yet, admittedly it is them who chooses (according to your paradigm) so you are really not accomplishing anything by telling them about hell, are you? Can anyone say they haven't heard "the gospel" in this day and age? But even more to the point is that if it is between the person and God, how can you change that by telling people anything?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:12 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Yes I chose Him, NO ONE will be able to stand before God and say I didn't know Romans 1:19-20. Yes they will separated from God, from love for ALL ETERNITY, that is why it is so important to tell people about Jesus NOW, tomorrow may be too late.

Well... if that is what you believe, then that is what you believe.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yet, admittedly it is them who chooses (according to your paradigm) so you are really not accomplishing anything by telling them about hell, are you? Can anyone say they haven't heard "the gospel" in this day and age? But even more to the point is that if it is between the person and God, how can you change that by telling people anything?
I can't change anyone, but the Holy Spirit can.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:21 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Bingo! And since it is the desire of God that each of us come to him and be saved, do you really think that the Spirit won't do for each and every one what only he can?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Bingo! And since it is the desire of God that each of us come to him and be saved, do you really think that the Spirit won't do for each and every one what only he can?
Each person has to make a choice to accept or believe, everyone is not going to believe.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
God doesn't pick "favorites" who He allows the Holy Spirit to change.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Each person has to make a choice to accept or believe, everyone is not going to believe.
What made you more able to believe, ILNC, than the next person? What made your heart able and willing to receive God's forgiveness and love? You just said it ... the Holy Spirit! Why would the Spirit withhold that change of heart forever from anyone?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:30 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
What made you more able to believe, ILNC, than the next person? What made your heart able and willing to receive God's forgiveness and love? You just said it ... the Holy Spirit! Why would the Spirit withhold that change of heart forever from anyone?
Amen, Pleroo.
He absolutely would NOT.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:32 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,526,082 times
Quote:
Right! so why would the "great commission" be to warn people of hell? How would that allow the holy spirit to work? In order for the holy spirit to work in a person don't they have to be humbled? How is a person humbled when you tell them God has made a special place for them to burn forever if they don't do what you say? Off hand wouldn't you reject it?

Here is the REAL great commission:

Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

Romans 10:15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!"

Isaiah 52:7 How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Acts 13:46 Then Paul and Barnabas answered them boldly: "We had to speak the word of God to you first. Since you reject it and do not consider yourselves worthy of eternal life, we now turn to the Gentiles.

Why didn't they think they were worthy? Does that mean they don't get to go to heaven because they rejected the word of God which says they are worthy of eternal life?

How can you say that preaching people will go to hell (that God made especially for torturing bad people) is GOOD NEWS? Isaiah puts it plainly... PROCLAIM salvation, PROCLAIM peace.... Where in the bible does it say to proclaim people are going to hell?

Old 05-06-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Some people have been through stuff that hardens their heart, some people are just too stubborn to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity