U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 01:14 AM

37,623 posts, read 25,325,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Thanks Jr, youíre right. I left the view in 2011 and have been advocating against all forms since 2016.
Good to see you posting again but sad that you left Preterism, Sciota. The carnal perspective and the carnal mind simply refuse to accept that the Bible is a spiritual book about spiritual things, NOT worldly and carnal things. Christ returned as the Comforter sent in His name on Pentecost and abides with us all ever since. The expectation of a physical return of a physical Jesus is simply misguided carnal thinking as are expectations of a physical resurrection of our physical bodies after death instead of a spiritual birth with a spiritual body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2018, 09:33 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,152,763 times
So to counter the Preterists, the new argument is that there are two second comings? One spiritual and another physical?

Seems the Preterists are changing how people think.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:12 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,296,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good to see you posting again but sad that you left Preterism, Sciota. The carnal perspective and the carnal mind simply refuse to accept that the Bible is a spiritual book about spiritual things, NOT worldly and carnal things. Christ returned as the Comforter sent in His name on Pentecost and abides with us all ever since. The expectation of a physical return of a physical Jesus is simply misguided carnal thinking as are expectations of a physical resurrection of our physical bodies after death instead of a spiritual birth with a spiritual body.
Hey Mystic and thanks! While I agree the 'carnal mind' is 'hostile to God,' I would have to disagree with your specific designation of it in this respect. Preterism is an argument from silence, hence a fallacy of negative proof. There isn't any purpose to discuss "Scripture, etc." with preterists because of their insistence of an illogical fallacy as the initial premise to their argument. It isn't coherent, let alone, exegetically coherent. What follows are more fallacies like begging the question, circular reasoning, special pleading, loaded questions, and many more. Simply put, the framework is inept. Some food for thought.

Nice to see you!

Old 08-13-2018, 02:43 AM

5,302 posts, read 5,296,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I'm doing fine aside from the fact that this heat is wearing me down. Too many days of triple digit temps. Getting too old to be able to tolerate it. They should be about done though.

That's great that you're working toward your mDiv. And a focus on the Biblical languages will serve you well. Do you intend to become a pastor or go in a different direction, such as teaching in seminary or Bible college?
I hear ya Mike. Even here in Seattle it is hot, and considering only 30% of the homes and business have AC, well, fans just donít cut it at 95 degrees thanks for the kind words, itís very encouraging. I donít plan on pastoring, but teaching adjunct is something I have considered. I will have to follow up my mDiv with a doctoral in order for me to be comfortable with that venue. I am involved in volunteer ministry in Seattle, both inter-faith and street evangelism, which is always an adventure. God has specifically called me to those areas, but most importantly, for research and refutation of heresies like hyper preterism, which is synonymous with any type of Ďfulfilledí viewpoint. I am currently working on a book, but it will be sometime before I am able to compete it. I am hoping for 1-2 years. It is fairly technical, but will encompass the entire framework of preterism at large, and I will approaching it ecumenically, so that denominational schisms are irrelevant to the overall topic.

Blessings good friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity