U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Reputation: 263

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
In short prove to me God has not completely revealed His One Truth in all 66 books of one Bible. As I have said, you have proved my point.
What you do mean exactly by His One Truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM
 
696 posts, read 765,161 times
Reputation: 66
Im sorry Katzpur I can not reply to this post for some reason.....

While I agree human beings have a made of their own, it does not mean God gives us a right to exercise what we feel is true to be true. God has only one Truth. He has revealed it to man, you can claim what you have out of logic, but in the end God has declared His word. Scripture says that not of God is false. That which perverts scripture is false. That which twists scripture is false.

What is there to explain on having the right of interpretation? Show me where a person can make a claim by scripture under interpretation being false and God will accept it. The Jews themselves were told if one comes making a claim you know to be false that person is a liar and should be put to death. Paul warns us not to accept false teachers amongst us calling them anti christs. Show me how they were not interpreting falsely the Word of God.

I have clearly stated that one who teaches being not of the Spirit is a false teacher. So where are you and I divergent on this issue? So let me ask again if a Gospel is false and a teaching is false am I to accept it simply because it is an interpretation. And if your answer is to the affirmative then provide me with scripture.

Again what are you trying to prove? You want me to accept a false interpretation and pat someone on the back saying, "dont worry youll get there?" The Holy Spirit gives us the One truth. He does not leave it open for debate. The denominational excuse does not work. There are false teachings that claim denomination and are not even a true denomination. They are not Scriptural and more often than not claim the redefinition of Scripture. You are trying to have one and the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:18 PM
 
696 posts, read 765,161 times
Reputation: 66
What you do mean exactly by His One Truth?

What need I explain? There are 66 books of the one bible which contain one message. It is not relative and it does not vary because of persons thoughts on the subject. It has existed as God created it with no allowance for false interpretation.

Nor does man have power over it to pervert it. God's Word is one Truth that can not change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
if you read KJV and concluded that there is no judgement day, please read it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
What you do mean exactly by His One Truth?

What need I explain? There are 66 books of the one bible which contain one message. It is not relative and it does not vary because of persons thoughts on the subject. It has existed as God created it with no allowance for false interpretation.

Nor does man have power over it to pervert it. God's Word is one Truth that can not change.
I wanted to know what you believe His One Truth is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:28 PM
 
3,576 posts, read 452,553 times
Reputation: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
What you do mean exactly by His One Truth?
I think that what he means is that Christians who believe in an eternal hell will be saved, all other people will go into the eternal fire ..... so if we want to be saved we need to believe in the eternal hell to save ourselves from it.......

Is that what you mean Ashultz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 PM
 
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
3,381 posts, read 3,379,961 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
if you read KJV and concluded that there is no judgement day, please read it again.
I'm not sure who you are directing this at. Most of the UR folks definitely believe in a judgment day. I am not Universalist at this point, but I have read much of the literature, some dating back to the 1800s, and for the most part I see judgment day for saint and sinner alike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I think that what he means is that Christians who believe in an eternal hell will be saved, all other people will go into the eternal fire ..... so if we want to be saved we need to believe in the eternal hell to save ourselves from it.......

Is that what you mean Ashultz?
Ahhhhh......Here I was tearing my hair out.

The ONE TRUTH is that there is a SAVIOR who sacrificed Himself on our behalf and got the keys to hell (grave), and we are now resurrected with Him. We do not just sit in the grave and rot.

Pretty neat!

No zombies running around, though!

(I'm will be gone the rest of the week, so my replies, if I have any, will be rather short, since I will be typing on my phone. Not the usual ramble.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:35 PM
 
1,897 posts, read 1,720,734 times
Reputation: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
I wanted to know what you believe His One Truth is.
Gotta go to bed. I'll check for your answer tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-27-2010, 11:53 PM
 
696 posts, read 765,161 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I think that what he means is that Christians who believe in an eternal hell will be saved, all other people will go into the eternal fire ..... so if we want to be saved we need to believe in the eternal hell to save ourselves from it.......

Is that what you mean Ashultz?
No sir this is not what I believe. Here is the problem you are faced with by your use of interpretation.

If you are truly Christian and you are incorrect in your belief in Universalism then one of two things could occur.

First which is at best you will suffer loss, but still be saved by Christ but your loss is determined and clear as you have clearly led those astray. Universalism accepts many things amongst its believers it is not as unified as one would makes it seem. It is wholly independent of Christianity even while making claims it is of Christianity. In fact many who attempt to claim Christ make statements against scripture either out of desire or ignorance.

Second which is at worst, you are a false teacher and are subject to all the condemnation of it. You have perverted the very word of God and made Him to be a liar as such you are not saved and you will join those you led astray.

So when you state scripture is by interpretation you do it an injustice. Scripture is the very Word of God and as such must be treated as one truth. When you imply there is no hell because you think it is of interpretation is this the excuse you shall use when you find out it does exist? When you simplify scripture down to an interpretation did you not know Jesus is God and as such is the Word itself. When you think you have the right to interpretation as you see it, do you think God will agree with you and if God does not what will you do? Will you claim interpretation or ignorance?

And if you think Universalism in challenging the use of the word Aion as meaning a finite age only deals with heaven/hell you are sorely mistaken. This link shows how making the word finite also makes God's glory finite, His throne limited, and His very duration finite. I promise you Universalism is not just some simple debate about ET as many would have us believe. Thus you run the risk of the second outcome and I promise you it is coming.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/Universalism/a...l#anchor129724

Last edited by Aschultz73; 04-28-2010 at 12:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 12:38 AM
 
5,733 posts, read 4,580,552 times
Reputation: 4148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Second which is at worst, you are a false teacher and are subject to all the condemnation of it. You have perverted the very word of God and made Him to be a liar as such you are not saved and you will join those you led astray.

-Perverted the word of God.
-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.
-Join those you led astray (apparently according to you, Aschultz that would be in some sort of eternal torture chamber, is that right?)

Because I believe that God is doing what He proclaims?
That every tongue will SWEAR allegiance.
Every knee will bow.
That HE will be ALL in ALL.
That Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind.
etc. etc. etc.
on and on and on and on...
Repeated in scripture over and over....

Because I believe what He has said...
Because I have proclaimed God's magnificent, breathtaking, love for all, you are saying...

that I:

-Perverted the word of God.
-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.
-Join those you led astray (apparently according to you, Aschultz that would be in some sort of eternal torture chamber, is that right?)


Our Father will receive GREAT GLORY when that ET belief is finally destroyed. And ALL people finally, TRULY understand HIS magnificent love.
Only 100% of creation reconciled could give God glory.
Not 50%, not 75%, not 99%.
No. 100% is what God desires. And 100% is what God SHALL HAVE.

peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top