Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times

Advertisements

In the days of old...a king would announce a riddle, to sort out the wisest among his people, especially when he has no biological heir to the throne...and whosoever can give the right answer...he becomes king.... But only after the king renders his words to be the truth...am I off topic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 05:39 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
The ONE TRUTH is that there is a SAVIOR who sacrificed Himself on our behalf and got the keys to hell (grave), and we are now resurrected with Him. We do not just sit in the grave and rot.

Jesus holds the keys to death and hell
death:
  • and we are now resurrected with Him. We do not just sit in the grave and rot.
Hell:
  • the place where unbelievers are sent

Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
Again what are you trying to prove?
Well, I wasn't actually trying to prove anything, but I seem to have proved that you are incapable of carrying on a conversation with anyone who does not see things 100% your way. You don't hear a word they say.

Quote:
You want me to accept a false interpretation and pat someone on the back saying, "dont worry youll get there?"
That's absolutely ridiculous. Why would I want you to accept a false interpretation? You really, really do have a comprehension problem.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Acutally, Jesus holds the keys to death and hades. Hades (Greek) is the resting place of the dead, and has the exact same meaning as sheol in the Hebrew.

Sheol is the place where all go when they die. It is likened to a "house" where people sleep in a "bed":

Job 17:3 If I wait, the grave [SHEOL] is mine house: I have made my bed in the darkness.

Psalm 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell [SHEOL], behold, thou art there

Psalm 89:48 What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall he deliver his soul from the hand of the grave [SHEOL]? Selah.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave [SHEOL]; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave [SHEOL], I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Since Jesus has the keys to sheol/hades, its up to Him to release us. Jesus redeems people from sheol. Jesus ultimately destroys sheol along with death.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,128,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
-Perverted the word of God.
-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.
-Join those you led astray (apparently according to you, Aschultz that would be in some sort of eternal torture chamber, is that right?)

Because I believe that God is doing what He proclaims?
That every tongue will SWEAR allegiance.
Every knee will bow.
That HE will be ALL in ALL.
That Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind.
etc. etc. etc.
on and on and on and on...
Repeated in scripture over and over....

Because I believe what He has said...
Because I have proclaimed God's magnificent, breathtaking, love for all, you are saying...

that I:

-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.
-Join those you led astray (apparently according to you, Aschultz that would be in some sort of eternal torture chamber, is that right?)

Our Father will receive GREAT GLORY when that ET belief is finally destroyed. And ALL people finally, TRULY understand HIS magnificent love.
Only 100% of creation reconciled could give God glory.
Not 50%, not 75%, not 99%.
No. 100% is what God desires. And 100% is what God SHALL HAVE.

peace.
Good post sparrow. Unfortunately the pervision that makes the word of God of no effect is this idea that God allows or purposes people to suffer forever.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:28 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschultz73 View Post
BHfT:What you do mean exactly by His One Truth?

What need I explain? There are 66 books of the one bible which contain one message. It is not relative and it does not vary because of persons thoughts on the subject. It has existed as God created it with no allowance for false interpretation.

Nor does man have power over it to pervert it. God's Word is one Truth that can not change.
Are you not going to answer my question? What do you see as "the one message?"

Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jesus holds the keys to death and hell
death:
  • and we are now resurrected with Him. We do not just sit in the grave and rot.
Hell:
  • the place where unbelievers are sent
That's odd, because my KJV says this in Revelation 20:13.

And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works.

There is a little note under that verse in the KJV that says "or, the grave" (for hell). Why?

Couldn't the KJV just say grave in the first place? The English didn't know what a grave was?

And, nope, Sheol (meaning unseen in Hebrew) is not some scary dark place where the dead are waiting.

http://www.bibletopics.com/BibleStudy/149.htm

We could also use the Hades (underworld) of the Greeks, but, no, I think I will keep the original Hebrew meaning, just like the Hebrews would have, since they were told REPEATEDLY to stay away from pagan thought!

Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times
twin.spin

you started this thread by stating:

Quote:
The most important question ever asked by Jesus..." How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

But you never quoted the verse where someone asked Jesus "How can I escape being condemned to hell?"

So, where is it?

Good luck cause you can't find it.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 PM

696 posts, read 915,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.

Because I believe that God is doing what He proclaims?
That every tongue will SWEAR allegiance.
Every knee will bow.
That HE will be ALL in ALL.
That Jesus Christ is the saviour of ALL mankind.
etc. etc. etc.
on and on and on and on...
Repeated in scripture over and over....

Because I believe what He has said...
Because I have proclaimed God's magnificent, breathtaking, love for all, you are saying...

that I:

-Made God to be a liar.
-Not saved.

Our Father will receive GREAT GLORY when that ET belief is finally destroyed. And ALL people finally, TRULY understand HIS magnificent love.
Only 100% of creation reconciled could give God glory.
Not 50%, not 75%, not 99%.
No. 100% is what God desires. And 100% is what God SHALL HAVE.

peace.
My Father's glory is not determined by the claim that 100 percent of people are saved. My Father already has His glory. The salvation of humanity does not take away nor add to it. He could have condemned all mankind and He still would have His glory. Scripturally prove to me where God's glory is determined by anything of man. My Father's Glory is because He is.

Cling to your lie if you must you have displayed why it is a lie as it always has been.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/Universalism/allthealls.html

Old 04-28-2010, 02:13 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
aschultz,

This thread is about --The most important question ever asked by Jesus..." How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

You seem to think that hell and eternal torment is the central theme of the bible.

In Genesis we are told that Adam eats the fruit he dies.

We are told the wages of sin is death.

The passage in the title of this thread is Jesus asking the pharisees how they will escape the destruction coming to them in 70AD (physical)

To get to a belief in eternal torment you have to tie resurrection, which we are told is incorruptible, and raised in glory and power, and also Jesus says that he is the resurrection and life, and add it to "the lake of fire" SECOND DEATH spoken about in Revelation -----> What you get is a place of corruption, death and destruction which is immortalised and supposedly incorruptible.

This goes against those verses which say that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. Which is sin and death and corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity