Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:26 PM

63,474 posts, read 39,759,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
June,
Being you believe to understand the Bible it would be more advisable to concern yourself with the log in both your eyes. It should be apparent that most people who questioned Jesus did so to either trap him in his own words or out of unbelief and\or hatred.

It is fool hearty to think that Jesus warning to the Pharisee's and the teachers isn't applicable to "June, and others like her...."

Being you believe to understand the Bible, God refers to his word as pearls. There comes a time when He commands those of us who are entrusted with pearls to stop offering it to "June, and others like her...."

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces."

Revelation 22:15
Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

That is how I'm spreading the message..warning "June, and others like her...." to stop resisting and repent or suffer the fate of being condemned to hell.
Many of us are like Noah:

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that comes by faith.
The complete lack of "love of God and each other" in your attitude and speech is the "fruit" that condemns your hateful beliefs. This post spews hate and vitriol and tries to proclaim it love. We are warned of those who would call evil good and good evil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 03:00 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,177,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately, mainstream Christianity has reached a point today where "the only thing you need to do to go to heaven is believe." There is absolutely no need to love people. It's completely superfluous. Belief will get you in, forget about the rest.
This is the understanding of "salvation by faith, not works" today.

We all should be mourning this trend..

Blessings.
Brian
I see you are new here to posting. Welcome, and thank you, Brian.

I am a bit "frustrated" with Religion and the religious these days. I try not to let it make me so angry, as that is NOT a fruit of the Spirit, but the anger and frustration gets the better of me sometimes.

Much of what I post is a revised version of what I typed originally. I delete many paragraphs before I hit "submit reply."

Old 04-25-2010, 03:19 PM

823 posts, read 1,392,529 times
Quote:
Absolutely beautiful.

Unfortunately, mainstream Christianity has reached a point today where "the only thing you need to do to go to heaven is believe." There is absolutely no need to love people. It's completely superfluous. Belief will get you in, forget about the rest.

Blessings.
Brian
Exactly.....belief with the blinders on

Old 04-25-2010, 03:26 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,346,091 times
herefornow,
I know just what you mean!

We gotta' keep loving everybody..!

Old 04-25-2010, 03:33 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,441,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post

I am still a little angry at those whom I was looking to for help, not knowing what kind of help I needed, when they started using the most ridiculous verses to "Help" me. I needed true love. I needed to know God loved me. I didn't know that at the time, but I betcha it would have helped immensely if someone had taken the time and energy to show some love to me in the past! I wasn't exactly lovable at that point, but should that have mattered? NO! There was a DEEP hurt and an IMMENSE amount of pain behind my behavior. But, those who instantaneously judge didn't give me a chance to figure it all out. I needed things to make sense, and the answers that mainstream Christianity gives only makes a mockery out of the truth.

So, again, be careful before pointing fingers and telling everybody that they are going to be set on fire for eternity because they are pigs. Those may be the last words those people hear before taking their life, or worse, if you can imagine such things.......

Really.......Be Careful.
I appreciate your concern.

I would maintain there is a difference between "those who are STRUGGLING with the message of LOVE" vs. those being repeatedly told "the message of LOVE" then actively opposing "the message of LOVE"

Matthew 7:6
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs" is advice more for the believer rather hurting the feelings of those who reject.

What I can't do is control how a person perceives. You read it (Matthew 7:6) as destructive and meanful, I read it as advice and warning.
A good perspective on Matthew 7:6 for contemplating is Matthew Henry's commentary ... in part it says:

Even When You Are Right, Do Not Impose the Truth on Others (7:6)

In its most general sense 7:6 was probably simply a wisdom saying like
Proverbs 23:9: "Do not speak to a fool, for he will scorn the wisdom of your words" .....Clearly these are people who do not value what we have to offer them; swine also proverbially lacked appreciation of value (Prov 11:22)....

...Most likely verse 6 provides a transition between the preceding and following contexts. Correcting those who will not receive correction is futile (vv. 1-5; Prov 9:8; 23:9); we should discerningly continue to offer wisdom (or the gift of the kingdom) only to those willing to receive what we offer, just as God does (Mt 7:7-11)....
If verse 6 means something along these lines, it does not allow us to prejudge who may receive our message (13:3-23), but does forbid us to try to force it on those who show no inclination to accept it (Matt 10:13-16"

Matthew 10:13-16
13 If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you.
14 If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town.
15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town.
16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

That is basiclly what I told June. God's Word instructs us that Matthew 7:6 but does forbid us to try to force it on those who show no inclination to accept it.

June, katjonjj and Katzpur show no inclination to accept it....its only futile to engage them, just as it became futile to engage the Pharisees, Teachers of the Law and the people of Noah's day. At some point, even though a person is LONG-SUFFERING (patience), God will not allow faith to enter into your heart....as evidenced by Pharoah, the Pharisees and the people of Noah's day.

You are correct...."Those may be the last words those people hear before taking their life, or worse, if you can imagine such things.......", as scripture says:

2 Corinthians 6:2
For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-25-2010 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: condensed for easier reading

Old 04-25-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
And you are getting paid or forced to be here? I like to post... and somehow you make that a bad thing too..

Is that the best you have? Or are you setting out to prove that you have EVIL within that shows forth readily?

Please....These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings.

Hell is a human invention for the plight of the wicked by men who thought themselves better than others...

The wrath of God is dying... "you shall surely die", The wages of sin is death... Destruction is death.... What you apply after that is simply human invention and OPINION.

Unless of course you have had a visit from a deceased person or God, or both.... in which case....please do share.
You wouldn't believe it anyway.

Luke 16:31
"He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The complete lack of "love of God and each other" in your attitude and speech is the "fruit" that condemns your hateful beliefs. This post spews hate and vitriol and tries to proclaim it love. We are warned of those who would call evil good and good evil.
I guess that puts you in one the catagory's of:

1. Denial
2. Rationalizing God
3. Believing another gospel
4. By questioning God\Jesus

Old 04-25-2010, 03:46 PM

23,000 posts, read 34,293,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I guess that puts you in one the catagory's of:

1. Denial
2. Rationalizing God
3. Believing another gospel
4. By questioning God\Jesus

Old 04-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Absolutely beautiful.

Blessings.
Brian
I'm finding it rather odd that posts like this isn't about:
"How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 PM

11,721 posts, read 3,595,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
That wasn't the premise of the OP BHFT, the premise what you need to do to escape Hell.

That is believe in Christ.
Sciotamicks,

But "hell" gehenna is the national judgment that the Jews were told that was prophesied in the OT and by John the baptist, and Jesus, and was fulfilled in 70AD -- it is then spiritualised and supposed to mean that it is for anyone that does not believe in Jesus. To me things are taken out of context and used to support doctrines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity