U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 08:39 PM

10,494 posts, read 10,067,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
So, here's what I would do if I WERE YOU: Render therefore to Cesar, the things which are Cesar's; and to God, the things that are God's. ...

PS: And make no mistake about it......HE WILL CLAIM ALL THAT IS HIS! Amen?

Soooo, make sure you get down to the DMV..........
Well, I don't know anything about Cesar,but I'm not giving him anything of mine and I don't own anything of his and your Christian God is not coming for me and if he did I wouldn't go with him anyway ,you and I travel a different path,remember........so you have a safe trip....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 04:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 5,567,063 times
Hi Betsy,

Just wanted to say, though I am a UR believer, I agree with you that the times we live in are quite perilous and getting worse and worse. I do believe in a 'Great Tribulation' (for lack of a better term) and I believe that the present earth is on its way to becoming uninhabitable for humans. And I believe we must all be changed and I believe God will make a New Earth and will make all things new. Until all these things pass, we will all suffer together. I just wanted to let you know all UR believers are not Preterists. Some of us do believe that as it is written in 1st Peter that the earth will literally be on fire and that the elements will literally melt with fervent heat.
It will take a lot of courage to walk through the fires that are all around. And blessed are those who do not fear the death of this natural body.

Peace -
Heartsong

Old 05-01-2010, 09:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,450,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Hi Betsy,

Just wanted to say, though I am a UR believer, I agree with you that the times we live in are quite perilous and getting worse and worse. I do believe in a 'Great Tribulation' (for lack of a better term) and I believe that the present earth is on its way to becoming uninhabitable for humans. And I believe we must all be changed and I believe God will make a New Earth and will make all things new. Until all these things pass, we will all suffer together. I just wanted to let you know all UR believers are not Preterists. Some of us do believe that as it is written in 1st Peter that the earth will literally be on fire and that the elements will literally melt with fervent heat.
It will take a lot of courage to walk through the fires that are all around. And blessed are those who do not fear the death of this natural body.

Peace -
Heartsong
Heartsong, it it not with me that you agree. Who have ear's will HEAR and eyes will SEE. It's the Spirit that speaketh amen? Post that verse for them please?

Old 05-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Heartsong, it it not with me that you agree. Who have ear's will HEAR and eyes will SEE. It's the Spirit that speaketh amen? Post that verse for them please?
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. From 2Peter, Chapter 3

As a side note, I'm not always a literalist when I read the scriptures. But in this case, I am.

Grace and peace -
Heartsong

Old 05-01-2010, 09:51 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
so are you saying the whole earth will literally be burned up? via ourselves,(perhaps by atomic weapons), or will God just literally set it on fire,with nothing of it left? this part has always confused me..

Old 05-01-2010, 11:29 PM

497 posts, read 773,004 times
Quote:
Shhh.....please. It will all make sense soon.
Oh noes!!11!1!!

I guess those ancient Assyrians were right, the world is ending! Or...maybe not. After all, they said it was imminent over 4800 years ago and yet...here we are still.

I don't believe I shall hold my breath on this one.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:16 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,565,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
You are doing just what the Bible says people will do. You are fulfilling prophecy

2 Peter 3:3-4 "First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.""
Since I am a believer and since I said/did none of the things contained in the verse you quoted (except, of course, that I'm not perfect yet ie: I do have some evil operating from time to time) I would say that there is some very obvious knee jerk pat answerism going on here!

What I am objecting to is an M.O. of some people (lots of them) taking current events and MAKING STUFF UP about them to fit a pre-desired interpretation of scripture. After thoroughly trouncing upon all the real evidence (while claiming the evidence is actually different than the evidence THEY themselves put forth) in the earthquake threads and extreme weather threads - now here (in this thread) a known/expected cyclic event is portrayed as (somehow) more proof of the beginning of the end. And for my due diligence in pointing this out I am called an evil scoffer.

Really, some of you folks are simply amazing, just... well, let's just say that I find the way some people process information... very interesting.

Last edited by firstborn888; 05-02-2010 at 02:05 AM..

Old 05-02-2010, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
so are you saying the whole earth will literally be burned up? via ourselves,(perhaps by atomic weapons), or will God just literally set it on fire,with nothing of it left? this part has always confused me..
It looks as if we are doing a pretty good job of burning the place up ourselves. Especially if you consider the nuclear threat at present.
Will the entire planet be removed? I don't know. But it looks like it will be engulfed in enough fire to cleanse it pretty darn well. Things change forms. Even science knows that. So perhaps all the fire is a necessary step to change us from being mortals into something entirely different.

I really would not want the suffering cycle of mortality to continue perpetually, so even though it seems awful, it is apparently for our good that the earth will be burned up.

That's the way I see it.
Heartsong

Old 05-02-2010, 04:51 AM

4,346 posts, read 5,565,258 times
Quote:
It looks as if we are doing a pretty good job of burning the place up ourselves. Especially if you consider the nuclear threat at present.
Will the entire planet be removed? I don't know. But it looks like it will be engulfed in enough fire to cleanse it pretty darn well. Things change forms. Even science knows that. So perhaps all the fire is a necessary step to change us from being mortals into something entirely different.

I really would not want the suffering cycle of mortality to continue perpetually, so even though it seems awful, it is apparently for our good that the earth will be burned up.

That's the way I see it.
Heartsong
Well "Heartsong" your user name reveals your problem - you have a tender heart but it does more than sing - it cries as well.

I do sympathize with the feelings of the end time rapture crowd (who wouldn't want to fly the hell out of this mess???) but I don't believe it is taught in scripture, much less coming to pass now.

Consider that in Noah's day it wasn't Noah who was taken away (I always wonder why the "one taken and one left" is treated backwards to Noah?).

The meek shall inherit the earth. I believe we will see a transformation, a fire of conscience that will sweep over the earth as the waters cover the sea floor.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,221,612 times
Quote:

That's the way I see it.
Heartsong
for sure,thx,I agree with that.to start anew,you have to cleanse the old first..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity