Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:38 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,603,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus0 View Post
God is not talking about physical events. He is talking about the removal of nations when He uses this language. Which is exactly what happened with Babylon, Edom, Nineveh, Egypt, Judah, and the northern kingdom. In Luke 21 and Matthew 24 God is judging the nation that had rejected His Son in the flesh. Who declared Caesar/Rome their King instead of Christ. The temple was in Jerusalem, God would judge Israel for rejecting their Messiah and He did in 70 A.D. when the Roman armies surrounded Jerusalem for 3.5 years/42 months(sound familier?) and then destroyed their temple and city for unbelief.
I and others have told some here about this over and over and over. Maybe (eventually) light bulbs will begin to pop on.

If not - every disaster or spectacular natural event (year after year, decade after decade) signifies the beginning of the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,426,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
I and others have told some here about this over and over and over. Maybe (eventually) light bulbs will begin to pop on.

If not - every disaster or spectacular natural event (year after year, decade after decade) signifies the beginning of the end.

And there ain't asingle thing that you can do to stop the events from unfolding just like the Bible says it WILL! ABSOLUTELY NADA!!

Old 04-30-2010, 07:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,218,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
You are doing just what the Bible says people will do. You are fulfilling prophecy

2 Peter 3:3-4 "First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.""

Old 04-30-2010, 07:45 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,590,355 times
If so, it should have already happened.

Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I love the OP shushing people when they disagree with her. Kinda makes me all warm inside...

Old 04-30-2010, 07:49 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
And there ain't asingle thing that you can do to stop the events from unfolding just like the Bible says it WILL! ABSOLUTELY NADA!!

Hey Betsy,you know I can't help but respond to this.......Tell you what,I'll meet you back here on January 1,2013 because nothings going to happen ............You know why I know that,because my drivers license gets renewed in 2013....

Old 04-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
If so, it should have already happened.

Year Without a Summer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I love the OP shushing people when they disagree with her. Kinda makes me all warm inside...
shhushhh. Meditate on it for a minute, that's all.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Hey Betsy,you know I can't help but respond to this.......Tell you what,I'll meet you back here on January 1,2013 because nothings going to happen ............You know why I know that,because my drivers license gets renewed in 2013....

You know something that I don't? Hence; the date? Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.....STOP WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD!!

That's why I say SHUSHHH at times..........Sometimes silence is golden!

Old 04-30-2010, 08:00 PM

10,604 posts, read 11,637,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You know something that I don't? Hence; the date? Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.....STOP WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD!!

That's why I say SHUSHHH at times..........Sometimes silence is golden!
You know that silence is golden thing,sometimes works both ways.

Yeah, I know something that you don't,the state wants its money for my license renewal.....

Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,420,376 times
Do I need a stronger sunscreen?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know that silence is golden thing,sometimes works both ways.

Yeah, I know something that you don't,the state wants its money for my license renewal.....

So, here's what I would do if I WERE YOU: Render therefore to Cesar, the things which are Cesar's; and to God, the things that are God's. ...

PS: And make no mistake about it......HE WILL CLAIM ALL THAT IS HIS! Amen?

Soooo, make sure you get down to the DMV..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity