U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:05 AM

30,411 posts, read 20,155,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
What you imply concerning this newsletter is not true.

Article 1 in the Berean Call's statement of faith:

'We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and that He created everything out of nothing for His own pleasure and purpose.'

And once again, article 7 in the Berean Call's statement of faith:

'We believe that those who, by faith alone and through no merit of their own, receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior are miraculously born again of the Holy Spirit and become, as children of God, partakers of His divine nature and of eternal life.'

Salvation is through faith alone in Christ alone.

What you believe about Jesus Christ matters. To be saved you must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (which is a title concerning His deity), and that He came into the world as a man and died on the cross for your sins and rose again. Understanding that, you place your faith in Jesus Christ for eternal life, and at that moment you are born again.

You are right what you believe about Jesus Christ does matter. Jesus said you believe in God believe also in me, unfortunately many of us do not believe in the God he revealed, we believe in our pre conceived ideas of God we have been brought up on( open wide and pop it in).Jesus Christ came to reveal by His Life who God really IS( if you have seen me you have seen the Father). When Jeus Christ makes himself known to us, he leaves us in no doubt that we have met with one and true living God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 08:23 AM

20,440 posts, read 15,801,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Very interesting. Thanks
You're welcome. I hope you find it useful.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:33 AM

37,766 posts, read 25,468,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

'We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and that He created everything out of nothing for His own pleasure and purpose.'
This is why you get everything about God wrong, Mike. This selfish conception of what God is like. God did NOT create everything "for His own pleasure and purpose." Everything else you believe and accept about God's motives and purposes derive from this erroneous selfish (satanic) view of God. God created out of Love to share Love, period.

Old 07-25-2012, 10:50 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,954,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is why you get everything about God wrong, Mike. This selfish conception of what God is like. God did NOT create everything "for His own pleasure and purpose." Everything else you believe and accept about God's motives and purposes derive from this erroneous selfish (satanic) view of God. God created out of Love to share Love, period.
Mike is right on this point and Scripture backs him up. Just as it is a pleasure for us to show love it is the pleasure and purpose of God to show love. That is what the Scripture means that says God created all for His purpose and pleasure.

The purpose and pleasures of God are not selfish. God is love and He takes great delight in showing love. For this purpose was all created. And even when His purpose and love was thwarted by sin, He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to prove His purpose and pleasure of love toward us and draw us back to Himself to know that love that surpasses all understanding!

Old 07-25-2012, 11:07 AM

37,766 posts, read 25,468,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Mike is right on this point and Scripture backs him up. Just as it is a pleasure for us to show love it is the pleasure and purpose of God to show love. That is what the Scripture means that says God created all for His purpose and pleasure.

The purpose and pleasures of God are not selfish. God is love and He takes great delight in showing love. For this purpose was all created. And even when His purpose and love was thwarted by sin, He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to prove His purpose and pleasure of love toward us and draw us back to Himself to know that love that surpasses all understanding!
You make the same mistake that Mike, et al. do. God does NOTHING for God. God NEEDS nothing. We can give God NOTHING. It is all about what God gives and shares with us in love, period. Every time you ascribe a selfish motive to God (meaning you think that God needs or gets ANYTHING from us) . . . you are perpetuating this wrong idea of a selfish, jealous, vengeful, egotistical God of our primitive forebears.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:19 AM

281 posts, read 232,754 times
There are some good articles and points in the Berean call. I originally had received their newsletter via email for some years. There is an awful lot of very strong wording in many of their articles, especially against the RCC, the doctrines of Sovereign Grace and premillennialsim. (yes, I was trying to avoid the word 'hateful' on purpose) If you can read around that, it is a very good newsletter.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:21 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,954,534 times
Quote:
You make the same mistake that Mike, et al. do. God does NOTHING for God. God NEEDS nothing. We can give God NOTHING. It is all about what God gives and shares with us in love, period. Every time you ascribe a selfish motive to God (meaning you think that God needs or gets ANYTHING from us) . . . you are perpetuating this wrong idea of a selfish, jealous, vengeful, egotistical God of our primitive forebears.
Read it again. I said that God created us for the purpose/intent to show us love and He takes great pleasure in doing so. Do you think He is without joy? It is written, LK 12:32 "Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the Kingdom."I see nothing selfish about that.

Why you respond the way you do is way beyond me to understand.

Last edited by garya123; 07-25-2012 at 11:30 AM..

Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike555

Quote:
Everything that God does is for His pleasure, His purpose, and His glory.

Isa. 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';

Rom. 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Psalm 19:1 For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.

Isa. 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made."

The word of God refutes you. And rebukes you.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post

Thanks. However, that was a quote from the statement of faith on the Berean Call website of what they correctly believe. And which needless to say, I do as well.

Last edited by Mike555; 07-25-2012 at 11:58 AM..

Old 07-25-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched.elect View Post
There are some good articles and points in the Berean call. I originally had received their newsletter via email for some years. There is an awful lot of very strong wording in many of their articles, especially against the RCC, the doctrines of Sovereign Grace and premillennialsim. (yes, I was trying to avoid the word 'hateful' on purpose) If you can read around that, it is a very good newsletter.
God's grace is a reality as is pre-millennialism. The Berean Call strongly affirms these Biblically revealed truths. The Roman Catholic Church is an apostate organization (which took to itself many of the beliefs of the Babylonian religion) and this is also pointed out in the Berean Call.

On pre-millennialism.

Excerpt:
[TBC: Recent attempts by Replacement Theologians, Amillennialists, and Preterists to discredit premillennialism have sought to portray the doctrine as something unheard of until John Darby. Here is what a review in The Sword and the Trowel (October, 1891, p. 581) had to say.]
Premillennial History | thebereancall.org

Last edited by Mike555; 07-25-2012 at 11:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or