Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:07 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

For anyone interested, here is a link to a website called the Berean Call. It has many topics of interest that can be accessed through the 'Newsletter', 'Radio', and 'Daily update' buttons. Some of the topics include prophecy, cults, the emerging church, Israel, etc...

Welcome to The Berean Call Website! | thebereancall.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 03:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
For anyone interested, here is a link to a website called the Berean Call. It has many topics of interest that can be accessed through the 'Newsletter', 'Radio', and 'Daily update' buttons. Some of the topics include prophecy, cults, the emerging church, Israel, etc...

By definition it would seem that i as well am a Berean and did not even know it...how do like that...hm...

Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:

I was about to submit a thread about the Berean Call Newletter, only to find that I had already submitted one. This one back in April 2010.

The Berean Call is a monthly newletter which can be read online or it can be subscribed to and received by mail (it's free). One of its purpose is to warn Biblical Christians against false teaching.

The Berean Call's mission statement can be read here. >>> About The Berean Call | thebereancall.org

The monthly newsletters go back to Febuary 1986.

Take a look. If you consider yourself to be a Biblical Christian you will find it to be very informative.

>>>> Welcome! | thebereancall.org

Last edited by Michael Way; 07-24-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,017,355 times
I can't think of a more harmful and unloving ministry. The men who run this thing are SUPER self-righteous. I know because I received their newsletter for years - it was very depressing. This ministry criticizes and/or condemns almost every other Christian ministry in America. Just warning people. If you are looking for a good Pharisee ministry to put yourself under, this one is it.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
"We also believe that at death the souls of the lost go to Hell, where they remain until they are brought before Christ at the Great
White Throne final judgment to be judged according to their works and cast into the Lake of Fire, there to remain eternally."

Now, this follows the beliefs of many, not the few.
For he came to seek and save that which was lost.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I can't think of a more harmful and unloving ministry. The men who run this thing are SUPER self-righteous. I know because I received their newsletter for years - it was very depressing. This ministry criticizes and/or condemns almost every other Christian ministry in America. Just warning people. If you are looking for a good Pharisee ministry to put yourself under, this one is it.
That quite simply is not true. And the newsletter is available online for all to see and to read. Both their mission statement and their statement of faith - what they believe, is available right here >>> About The Berean Call | thebereancall.org One of the main purposes of The Berean Call is to warn believers against false teaching. This is what you are criticizing.

Here is article 7 in their statement of faith out of 13 articles in that statement.

'We believe that those who, by faith alone and through no merit of their own, receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior are miraculously born again of the Holy Spirit and become, as children of God, partakers of His divine nature and of eternal life.'

That statement is the very antithesis, the exact opposite of self-righteousness and speaks of grace orientation.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"We also believe that at death the souls of the lost go to Hell, where they remain until they are brought before Christ at the Great
White Throne final judgment to be judged according to their works and cast into the Lake of Fire, there to remain eternally."

Now, this follows the beliefs of many, not the few.
For he came to seek and save that which was lost.
"What the Spirit Unites, No Man can Separate."

Old 07-25-2012, 05:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I felt the same thing the moment I glanced over the titles of topics on the home page. The more I read this forum, and links provided, it comes across that Salvation is based upon what you believe rather than upon who you have believed. One hardens your heart the other softens it. One believes in a historic Jesus, one believes upon the reality of Jesus Christ. No prizes for guessing which ones does which.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:

Very interesting. Thanks

Old 07-25-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I felt the same thing the moment I glanced over the titles of topics on the home page. The more I read this forum, and links provided, it comes across that Salvation is based upon what you believe rather than upon who you have believed. One hardens your heart the other softens it. One believes in a historic Jesus, one believes upon the reality of Jesus Christ. No prizes for guessing which ones does which.
What you imply concerning this newsletter is not true.

Article 1 in the Berean Call's statement of faith:

'We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons--Father, Son and Holy Spirit—and that He created everything out of nothing for His own pleasure and purpose.'

And once again, article 7 in the Berean Call's statement of faith:

'We believe that those who, by faith alone and through no merit of their own, receive the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior are miraculously born again of the Holy Spirit and become, as children of God, partakers of His divine nature and of eternal life.'

Salvation is through faith alone in Christ alone.

What you believe about Jesus Christ matters. To be saved you must believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God (which is a title concerning His deity), and that He came into the world as a man and died on the cross for your sins and rose again. Understanding that, you place your faith in Jesus Christ for eternal life, and at that moment you are born again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity