U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:15 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,689,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You clearly didn't read anything I wrote . . . just the same old arrogant BELIEF that you know what the truth is and everyone else is misguided or lying. Sick, sick, sick ignorant rant.
I did read what you wrote. Truth is not relative and we can know truth because God has given us the Bible. It is God's Word and not just words written in ink like you love to say. Oh I forgot, you have the mind of Christ and he tells you which part of his word is true and which is written by primitive minds
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Ahhhhh !!! The pretensions of traditional religion and them that serve it ...

What a croc' ...

They're only fooling themselves ...

Nevertheless, God bless ...

Old 04-30-2010, 05:29 PM

37,579 posts, read 25,282,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I did read what you wrote. Truth is not relative and we can know truth because God has given us the Bible. It is God's Word and not just words written in ink like you love to say. Oh I forgot, you have the mind of Christ and he tells you which part of his word is true and which is written by primitive minds
We do not ALL try to read with what is "written in our hearts" . . . too many of you retain the veil of ignorance that exists when reading the OT and you do NOT understand the true nature of God. That is what the "mind of Christ" is for . . . to provide ALL of us (not just me) the CONTEXT of the TRUE NATURE of God as revealed in Jesus. This removes the veil of ignorance and allows what is "written in our hearts" to properly interpret what was "written in ink" by primitive and ignorant minds.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded:(Blind Mind = Ignorance) for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the HEART)shall turn to the Lord (JESUS), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:28 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,456,417 times
There is only one truth.....ONE, 1, O-N-E!! And His name is Jesus Christ! That's my story and I'm STICKING TO IT!!

Your argumentsssssssssss (emphasis added...for there are many) are not with me! Allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide, yes?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:35 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,456,417 times
Quote:
There is NO WAY YOU can know what is and is not truth. You can only BELIEVE what you think is truth. That is the same for everyone else. What is WRITTEN must be READ and INTERPRETED. Unless you believe you learned to read better than everyone else and learned to interpret what you read better than everyone else . . . you do NOT KNOW what is truth . . . ONLY what YOU BELIEVE is truth. If God were to come tomorrow and tell you that you were wrong . . . would that mean that you were a LIAR all this time for BELIEVING what you do? Of course NOT . . . you BELIEVE you know the truth so you are NOT lying. EVERYONE ELSE is doing the same, Betsey. So get off the superior horse you are riding and stop pretending you have any better access to the truth than any of us. THAT causes dissension and division among believers and THAT is sinful.
Ohhhhh, but you're wrong my friend....I beg to differ. THERE is a WAY that you can know, and this way is available to all! YES ALL, including you. Care to know how?

Old 04-30-2010, 10:55 PM

6,652 posts, read 7,124,275 times
It is so sad to see so many legalists on this board. It is funny, they proclaim Jesus yet their who message is what THEY can do to please God, not what Jesus did. It is such a self centered ,self-righteous way of believe, it is all about me, me, me. I know, you give lip service to God “helping” you to be so perfect but it is still all about how Great YOU are.

Sorry, I'll focus on what Jesus did, not what I can do.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,291,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post

Sorry, I'll focus on what Jesus did, not what I can do.
Yes. The saints and prophets looked forward to Christ, we are to look back to Christ. None other. Everytime you even think....you try to look up at Christ on the cross. We try at least.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
There is only one truth.....ONE, 1, O-N-E!! And His name is Jesus Christ! That's my story and I'm STICKING TO IT!!
ALL of us believers agree with that, Betsey.
Quote:
Your argumentsssssssssss (emphasis added...for there are many) are not with me! Allow the Holy Spirit to be your guide, yes?
Yes.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Ohhhhh, but you're wrong my friend....I beg to differ. THERE is a WAY that you can know, and this way is available to all! YES ALL, including you. Care to know how?
No matter how many times you say it . . . nor how many times you claim the source of it . . . it will STILL be what you BELIEVE to be the truth, Betsey. We will all agree with you that Jesus is the truth . . . but it is still what we BELIEVE to be the truth. Unless you are Jesus Christ in His second coming . . . there is NO WAY you KNOW it is the truth.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:06 AM

7,374 posts, read 7,205,043 times
Quote:
No matter how many times you say it . . . nor how many times you claim the source of it . . . it will STILL be what you BELIEVE to be the truth, Betsey. We will all agree with you that Jesus is the truth . . . but it is still what we BELIEVE to be the truth. Unless you are Jesus Christ in His second coming . . . there is NO WAY you KNOW it is the truth.

A wise person knows that in truth they know nothing ...

That is why it is called faith ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or