Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,410,539 times

Advertisements

Let's fast forward.............to the back of the BOOK!! The conclusion of the matter.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev 21-27)....................FINAL ANSWER!!

Play with it, if you want to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,913,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Let's fast forward.............to the back of the BOOK!! The conclusion of the matter.

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (Rev 21-27)....................FINAL ANSWER!!
That is indeed the final answer. All liars are hell bound, unless they get delivered by the power in the blood of the Lamb -- and that requires a desire from the liar to be set free. Jesus does not force himself on us; He knocks, and we must open the door.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:14 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,716,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
That is indeed the final answer. All liars are hell bound, unless they get delivered by the power in the blood of the Lamb -- and that requires a desire from the liar to be set free. Jesus does not force himself on us; He knocks, and we must open the door.
And the penitent thief?

He was a thief and a liar all his life until he was condemned for it ... He did not believe any "Christian" doctrine or know anything about the trinity ... He was not baptized and never repented, but only asked for Christ to remember him ...

The whole idea that one can and must live a life free of sin in the flesh in order to accomplish their own salvation, is really missing the mark.

They say it is proof you have been saved, if you live a life free of sin in the flesh. They think God that they are not as other sinners, and proclaim their dutiful service to the "mandate of Heaven".

I will beg for mercy, and confess that i am a sinner in the flesh wherein i serve the law of sin and death, but i am considered dead to sin in Christ sacrifice. I am also liberated in my mind from the law of sin, and i serve the law of liberty in Christ, the law of God in my mind. I am spiritually come alive to the light of love(God) through Christs resurrection.

You want to know how to discern whether or not the spirit of God is acting in someones life? Look and see if they are truly kind, and meek, and humble, and faithful, and loving, and peaceful, and patient ...

People will be weaker in some fruits and stronger in others, but remember, even faith without love is futile. Faith hope and love, and chief among these is love.

If you see these attributes, you will know the spirit is working in their lives ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-28-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:20 PM

595 posts, read 758,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And the penitent thief?

He was a thief and a liar all his life until he was condemned for it ... He did not believe any "Christian" doctrine or know anything about the trinity ... He was not baptized and never repented, but only asked for Christ to remember him ...

The whole idea that one can and must live a life free of sin in the flesh in order to accomplish their own salvation, is really missing the mark.

They say it is proof you have been saved, if you live a life free of sin in the flesh. They think God that they are not as other sinners, and proclaim their dutiful service to the "mandate of Heaven".

I will beg for mercy, and confess that i am a sinner in the flesh wherein i serve the law of sin and death, but i am considered dead to sin in Christ sacrifice. I am also liberated in my mind from the law of sin, and i serve the law of liberty in Christ, the law of God in my mind. I am spiritually come alive to the light of love(God) through Christs resurrection.

You want to know how to discern whether or not the spirit of God is acting in someones life? Look and see if they are truly kind, and meek, and humble, and faithful, and loving, and peaceful, and patient ...

People will be weaker in some fruits and stronger in others, but remember, even faith without love is futile. Faith hope and love, and chief among these is love.

If you see these attributes, you will know the spirit is working in their lives ...
Not to get off the subject, the thief did fear God and spoke it...
Luke 23:40
But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? He did believe.
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.
I am the thief, what more would I want than to be remembered in God's Kingdom? What am I crying for when I know I am guilty and deserve punishment? Mercy! He acknowledged his sin and made a stand for Jesus not being guilty of sin..
The verbal acknowledgement of Jesus' Kingdom is belief He is who He says.
It does not matter if we are first to believe, our works are our duty to God, not our salvation. If we truly believe last, salvation is upon us.
The first will be last and the last will be first. God looks at the heart.
The Parable of the workers, Matthew 20.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy777 View Post
Not to get off the subject, the thief did fear God and spoke it...
Luke 23:40
But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? He did believe.
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.
I am the thief, what more would I want than to be remembered in God's Kingdom? What am I crying for when I know I am guilty and deserve punishment? Mercy! He acknowledged his sin and made a stand for Jesus not being guilty of sin..
The verbal acknowledgement of Jesus' Kingdom is belief He is who He says.
It does not matter if we are first to believe, our works are our duty to God, not our salvation. If we truly believe last, salvation is upon us.
The first will be last and the last will be first. God looks at the heart.
The Parable of the workers, Matthew 20.
The thief's fear of God, however great it was in the hour of his death, did not stop him from being a liar and a thief all his life at least until he finally got caught and condemned.

And beside that ... Where not the greatest liars of all the Sadducee's and the Pharisee's? And what did Christ pray at the moment of his dying? He prayed to God asking him to forgive them ...

All liars have their part in the lake of fire ... And let all people be liars and God speak the truth.

Romans 3:4
"God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged."

When are we justified? How do we overcome? We are justified when we with our words confess that we are all sinners and liars and desire mercy(Luk 18:9-14), and that only God is true and righteous. We overcome in the victory which Christ alone achieved on the Cross for all.

Amen ...

Old 04-28-2010, 10:58 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,168,154 times
Quote:
This has nothing to do with works, but holiness -- which is our reasonable service. There's power in the blood of Jesus to set the liar free.

Eph.4
[20] But ye have not so learned Christ;
[21] If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
[23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
[24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
[25] Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

I would encourage you to study the wonderful Beatitudes, because Jesus said:

Matt. 5:48 - Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
The worst thing that the church ever did was put numbers in to create verses. It causes so many problems. We are perfect in God's eyes because of what jesus did, not because of what we do. Read the story, not a couple verses here and there.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
And the penitent thief?
He expressed godly sorrow, believed in the Lord Jesus and found grace. He was forgiven and delivered. I am sure that he would have lived in holiness thereafter if he had a chance.

Jesus does not simply forgive us, but He sets us free from the bondage of sin. He imparts holiness into us. A new convert may be fragile at first, but God can strengthen him if he will stay yielded. Christians are to be strong, not weaklings.

Eph. 6:10-11 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Whether you are a liar, thief, adulterer, fornicator, whoremonger and/or everything else, the blood of the Lamb can set you free. And, once you have been set free, you have power over sin. However, if after being delivered you yield to sin, like Adam and Eve, you will die.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
He expressed godly sorrow, believed in the Lord Jesus and found grace. He was forgiven and delivered. I am sure that he would have lived in holiness thereafter if he had a chance.

Jesus does not simply forgive us, but He sets us free from the bondage of sin. He imparts holiness into us. A new convert may be fragile at first, but God can strengthen him if he will stay yielded. Christians are to be strong, not weaklings.

Eph. 6:10-11 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Whether you are a liar, thief, adulterer, fornicator, whoremonger and/or everything else, the blood of the Lamb can set you free. And, once you have been set free, you have power over sin. However, if after being delivered you yield to sin, like Adam and Eve, you will die.

I have never in my life met a truly holy person. All the people i ever met who claimed to be holy were the most bigoted and hypocritical, sanctimonious frauds i have ever met. And i have been around ... My father having been a preacher who changed denominations various times, i have been to many different churches. And its always the same. Ill believe you are holy when you transcend and are no longer seen or heard among men, until then, ill count those who say they are holy as the greatest liars and sinners of all ...

Prime comes before the fall ...

He who exalts himself shall be abased, he who humbles him self shall be exalted.

You go ahead and be like the pharisee whom Christ said was not justified. The one who thanked God that he was not like other sinners.

Ill be like the publican and pray for mercy while confess that i am a sinner.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I have never in my life met a truly holy person.
There are plenty of holy people, because God's children are holy. Would you recognize one if you met one?

It is written.

1 Pet. 1
[14] As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
[15] But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
[17] And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
[18] Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Heb. 12
[14] Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

The Word says we must be holy. Telling lies is not holy. Disputing the Word and/or using semantics to justify one's self won't work on judgement day.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of holy people, because God's children are holy. Would you recognize one if you met one?

It is written.

1 Pet. 1
[14] As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
[15] But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
[16] Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
[17] And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
[18] Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
[19] But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Heb. 12
[14] Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

The Word says we must be holy. Telling lies is not holy. Disputing the Word and/or using semantics to justify one's self won't work on judgement day.
You're not holy ... Only God is holy ... However you strive, your best works are as dirty rags before God, and your pride and self glorification only serve as evidence of the fact.

I also find it so very telling when the holy rollers do not have anything to say every time i mention the parable of the pharisee and the publican ... That parable says it all on this topic, and that is all i need to know.

Luke 18:9-14
To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other menrobbers, evildoers, adulterersor even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.' But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner(present tense).' I tell you that this man(the confess sinner, the publican), rather than the other(self righteous pharisee who looked down on everyone else/sinners), went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted."

Which one does scgraham sound like to you?

Lets see what you have to say about that to Christ come judgment.

I know what Christ had to say about people who acted like they were righteous and better than everyone else ... He called them white washed grave stones ... Why? Because they come across as all clean and righteous on the outside, but when you look deep within they are full of death and corruption ...

Selah ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 04-29-2010 at 06:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity