U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 862,845 times
Reputation: 134

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
But alas, not of works, lest any man boast! Salvation is of the Lord!

Who said boast???? I am not talking of anyone being better than anyone. But if you do not keep the commandments it is because you have not truly repented of your sins. Like myself!!!

I believe that I have a long road ahead of me, but I promise I will be sin free. Not because I am better than anyone, but because I TRIED. It can be accomplished by all, if we would all only try.


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Sierra Nevada Land, CA
8,017 posts, read 8,606,126 times
Reputation: 11985
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Ignore the seal of God if you wish, but I have given warning to those who understand that in order to be in the lambs book of life, then ALL ten commandments must be kept!!


ALMOST2L8
So the blood of Jesus doesn't cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday?

Is that what the SDA (or your) church teaches?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 862,845 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have my friend...I have...in my saviour and redeemer's words. Expounded in the GOOD SAMARITAN. Luke 10:27-28

Yes ans57, but does it not say love God with all your heart?? yet you say it doesnt matter what day we rest and keep holy. God said there was a specific day. God never changes!!! And how can you rest everyday??? You must live the life huh?? Never having to work. Or you do not keep everyday as a holy day of rest and communion with God!!!!!

Only you and God know!!!

If you do keep everyday a sabbath then the seventh day is included as ONE of YOUR days of rest which in turn makes you a sabbath keeper!!

And yes, luck IS for stargazers. Hence the reason I said good luck to anyone who wants a life of sin rather than a life with Jesus.

Anyone who does not keep saturday as a holy day of rest is a sinner!!!


GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 04-28-2010 at 07:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:53 PM
 
3,668 posts, read 481,670 times
Reputation: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Luke 10:28 THIS "DO" and THOU SHALT LIVE.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO THEIR "WORKS"...

Peace!
Maybe we are getting a wee bit off topic ......... but
1Pe 4:5 Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead.
1Pe 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

To me it seems there is a separation between judgment for works both good and evil, and being resurrected to life by the Spirit

Judgment is on works ----- salvation is not on works it is on faith (faithfulness) and faith without works is dead.



To get back on topic

Deu 4:13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.
Deu 4:14 And the LORD commanded me at that time to teach you statutes and judgments, that ye might do them in the land whither ye go over to possess it.

The covenant with physical Israel had ten commandments which was the written law of God --- Gods law is spiritual which is Love God and love your neighbour (everyone) as yourself.

Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant



Heb 8:6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
Heb 8:7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
Heb 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Heb 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 862,845 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So the blood of Jesus doesn't cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday?

Is that what the SDA (or your) church teaches?
Sorry, I do not attend a church. Nor have I ever. And yes Jesus blood covers sunday sabbath, but it says to repent and turn from your sinning ways. If you do not turn then it cannot be covered!! God will only take so many sorry's before he says you had your chance!! How can you say you are sorry (and mean it) if your plan is to continue sinning. It is really not hard to understand for an adult. My 12 year old son even understands now, that if he says he is sorry and continues to commit the same offense that he was truly not sorry!!!

NO SDA'S HERE!! But from my understanding, they have a pretty good grasp on the TRUTH!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:07 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,442,080 times
Reputation: 5148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Sorry, I do not attend a church. Nor have I ever. And yes Jesus blood covers sunday sabbath, but it says to repent and turn from your sinning ways. If you do not turn then it cannot be covered!! God will only take so many sorry's before he says you had your chance!! How can you say you are sorry (and mean it) if your plan is to continue sinning. It is really not hard to understand for an adult. My 12 year old son even understands now, that if he says he is sorry and continues to commit the same offense that he was truly not sorry!!!

NO SDA'S HERE!! But from my understanding, they have a pretty good grasp on the TRUTH!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
MY MOTHER IS ONE...AND ALWAYS REMINDED EVERY ONE (INCLUDING HER OWN CHILDREN) BY CLAIMING THAT "EVERY ONE WHO EAT PORK AN/OR WEAR JEWELRY...etc. WILL DEFINITELY GO TO ETERNAL HELL...is this grasping the truth?

This doctrine that you seem to espouse makes..."our judicial system here on earth" far more merciful than THE CREATOR'S DIVINE WILL...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Rapid City, SD
723 posts, read 862,845 times
Reputation: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
MY MOTHER IS ONE...AND ALWAYS REMINDED EVERY ONE (INCLUDING HER OWN CHILDREN) BY CLAIMING THAT "EVERY ONE WHO EAT PORK AN/OR WEAR JEWELRY...etc. WILL DEFINITELY GO TO ETERNAL HELL...is this grasping the truth?

This doctrine that you seem to espouse makes..."our judicial system here on earth" far more merciful than THE CREATOR'S DIVINE WILL...

I said pretty good grasp, not perfect!!! If you watched the videos on my OP in full as I had asked, you would know that the book of the law was what was nailed to the cross. And all the many meat, drink, and ceremonial sabbaths (there were many) were done away with. Again, in my OP I asked that you please finish the videos in full before responding, because most questions would be answered. Including the jewelry laws in Moses' book of the law!! PLEASE WATCH IN FULL!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:26 PM
 
5,499 posts, read 4,442,080 times
Reputation: 5148
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Allow me to address my part... The chief commands: "Love God...and thy neighbor as thyself". On these 2 commands hang the law and the prophets. This cover the sabbath as well (to me anyway). I love my saviour and redeemer with ALL my being and do my best to love the most unlovable neighbor who crosses my path each day... Thus fulfilling the sabbath...not just the literal day...but everyday while in the flesh.

btw - Luck/chance (belongs to stargazers) should not be included in the Christian grammar. All is according to his "DIVINE WILL" the same as the word "wish"...devoid of all hope (in total despair)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have my friend...I have...in my saviour and redeemer's words. Expounded in the GOOD SAMARITAN. Luke 10:27-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
I said pretty good grasp, not perfect!!! If you watched the videos on my OP in full as I had asked, you would know that the book of the law was what was nailed to the cross. And all the many meat, drink, and ceremonial sabbaths (there were many) were done away with. Again, in my OP I asked that you please finish the videos in full before responding, because most questions would be answered. Including the jewelry laws in Moses' book of the law!! PLEASE WATCH IN FULL!!


GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
You also failed to grasp my overall response...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:27 PM
 
701 posts, read 661,524 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.
Why does it say that? Think about it for a second, who were the "children of Israel"? They were God's people! Not because of there physical bloodline, but because of the faith they had in the one true God. If you were teleported back in time, and left there, what group of people would you gather around and follow? I would hope your answer would be "God's people". Who were God's people? the Israelites. Who was the law for back then? God's people. Has God changed? no. Has his law changed? no. So, God's law is still for God's people correct? yes, you better believe it. Who are God's people today? Any person of any bloodline that has faith in Him through His Son, Jesus Christ's shed blood on Calvary, aka Christians. So, who should be keeping his law today? Christians. Why? because they are God's people.

Rev 12:17

"(17) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Clearly this is after Calvary, hence the "testimony of Jesus Christ", and talking about God's remnant people in the last days. Satan understands that he doesn't need to get people to throughout all 10 commandments, because it was Christ who said if you break one you break them all, so Satan seeks to find some way of subtly destroying just one. Rat poison typically contains less than 1% of actual poison, the rest is actually not harmful, yet that 1% will kill the rat just the same. Satan uses error in much the same way. You can come up with a laundry list of seemingly good, and noble reasons as to why you have changed the meaning of the Sabbath, but Satan knows that God CARVED IT IN STONE for a reason, and that all he needs you to do is find a reason other than one given by God himself to do something.

Why is it that so few Christians see the glaring discrepancy IN THIS ONE LAW OUT OF THE 10. I was had a discussion with a sunday keeper, and she asked me why I'm so concerned with this one law and told me that it was the only law I cared about. My response to her was simple. I said that the reason we weren't sitting there discussing the other 9 was because we were both in agreement on the validity and necessity of the other 9. It seems that the only 1 people really want to through out is the 4th one. I have never had a discussion with another Christian where they are saying that the other nine don't need to be followed. Never. I've gone through each of the other 9 and they never indicate that a single one is any less valid today. But, bring up that 4th one and you get everything from "there is no Law" to "I find my rest in Christ".


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So the blood of Jesus doesn't cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday?

Is that what the SDA (or your) church teaches?
The blood of Christ does not cover WILLFULL sin otherwise every hardened criminal on earth would be covered. Hitler would be covered. Christ's blood is AVAILABLE to all, but all will not CHOOSE to accept that which is freely AVAILABLE to them.

Going to church on sunday is not a sin. Not KEEPING Holy His Sabbath day is, and if you do not repent of that sin and ask God to forgive you through the saving blood of Christ, then no your sins are not covered for you will have rejected Christ's willingness to pay for your sins. Christ has point blank asked you to KEEP His day. You can come up with whatever reason you want that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, but if that reason is not inline with what He asked of you, than you run the very strong risk of feeling very warm yet not so fuzzy on the outside.

I love my christian brothers and sisters out there, and I just urge them to truly open their hearts and mind to God, and follow Him. Anyone who does an honest study of the Sabbath will find that there is no scriptural authority for setting it aside. In the end you will find that you must choose which is more important to follow; the traditions of man, or the commandments of God.

Peace to all as you study earnestly God's word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
 
701 posts, read 661,524 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
MY MOTHER IS ONE...AND ALWAYS REMINDED EVERY ONE (INCLUDING HER OWN CHILDREN) BY CLAIMING THAT "EVERY ONE WHO EAT PORK AN/OR WEAR JEWELRY...etc. WILL DEFINITELY GO TO ETERNAL HELL...is this grasping the truth?

This doctrine that you seem to espouse makes..."our judicial system here on earth" far more merciful than THE CREATOR'S DIVINE WILL...

I am an SDA and yes I have heard many stories like yours, however people always take the actions of some and try to attribute it to all.

Their are SDA's that got caught up with the traditions of church over what the truth of the message actually was. Remember the pharisees of Christ's time? You couldn't say that all Jews had it wrong just because the Pharisees did, and those that denied Christ was the savior, were not following their own religion. The SDA church takes a stand against immodesty. Remember how conservative life was back in the 50's let alone earlier than that. Even secular people from that time would have probably frowned on things in todays world. I mean people thought that music and actions of Elvis were ghastly. what would they think of the stuff in entertainment today. people seem to be unwilling to separate these factors from the actions of church members. It's almost as if they are following church MEMBERS instead of realizing that MEMBERS are there to follow CHRIST and are sometimes just as bad at following Him as others. Just because a church MEMBER tells you you're going to "hell" for doing something, should not be any reason to assume that is what the church as a whole actually teaches. Just because your mom didn't understand her error in how she treated you or have an accurate grasp on the truth about what her church taught, doesn't mean that all SDA's are like that. heck I grew up, it felt like, hearing more about the woes of eating pork, wearing jewelry, and going to movies, than anything else. But, when I grew up I was more than able to understand what things were actually emphasized by my parents out of their generational differences vs. what was actually scriptural.

Now can eating pork be a sin? Yes, I know all about what the scripture states on the subject and how God views eating pork. I know that God has convicted me that is not something He wants of me, so if I were to eat pork(knowingly), I know I would be going against that which I know to be true.

Can wearing jewelry be a sin? yes, if you are doing it for reasons that are contrary to what you know God wants of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top