U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:58 PM

8,026 posts, read 8,619,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Sorry, I do not attend a church. Nor have I ever. And yes Jesus blood covers sunday sabbath, but it says to repent and turn from your sinning ways. If you do not turn then it cannot be covered!! God will only take so many sorry's before he says you had your chance!! How can you say you are sorry (and mean it) if your plan is to continue sinning. It is really not hard to understand for an adult. My 12 year old son even understands now, that if he says he is sorry and continues to commit the same offense that he was truly not sorry!!!

NO SDA'S HERE!! But from my understanding, they have a pretty good grasp on the TRUTH!!

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
Never been to a church well...OK.

So please tell me where Jesus or Paul says we need to keep the 7th day Sabbath. I need facts.

BTW, if one is not convicted of sin by the HS how do I repent? I will not trust the opinion of Man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Why does it say that? Think about it for a second, who were the "children of Israel"?

Read: Ex1, Lev1. Num 1.Are you decended from Mr. Israel? The scripture is clear. We're talking genetic Jews (of which I am one).

"(17) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

Why is it that so few Christians see the glaring discrepancy IN THIS ONE LAW OUT OF THE 10. I was had a discussion with a sunday keeper, and she asked me why I'm so concerned with this one law and told me that it was the only law I cared about. My response to her was simple. I said that the reason we weren't sitting there discussing the other 9 was because we were both in agreement on the validity and necessity of the other 9. It seems that the only 1 people really want to through out is the 4th one. I have never had a discussion with another Christian where they are saying that the other nine don't need to be followed. Never. I've gone through each of the other 9 and they never indicate that a single one is any less valid today. But, bring up that 4th one and you get everything from "there is no Law" to "I find my rest in Christ".

So where is is written in the NT that Jesus or other writers said we still need to go to church on saturday or not eat unclean foods?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:38 PM

701 posts, read 661,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So where is is written in the NT that Jesus or other writers said we still need to go to church on saturday or not eat unclean foods?

Christ made it clear that we are to keep His commandments. I gave you the Rev quote as one example. the 4th commandment states to KEEP the day Holy. If you want to go to church on sunday that is your business, and as I said before that is not a sin in and of itself. Likewise, not attending church on Saturday, is not a sin in and of itself. The question is, are you keeping Saturday Holy? Are you working for your own financial benefit? Are you out at parties and ballgames or spending special time reflecting on God? The reason it seems to center around church attendance is because going to church is so congruent with keeping His day Holy, that it just makes common sense to do both on the same day, and all share in God's special day together.

As to the unclean foods? For me that is just common sense. God's declaration of clean and unclean animals wasn't simply a ceremonial thing but a practical physiological thing. God delineated between clean and unclean when the animals were heading into the ark. Unclean went by 2's and the clean went by 7's. If eating those things were unhealthy for them and God himself viewed eating them as detestable, and abominations, than i have yet to taste a strip of bacon or a piece of fried shrimp that is sooooooo good that I'm just going to think God didn't know what He was talkin about. God made all the animals and He made the human body; if He says something ain't good for consumption, then I'm not going to eat it. Once again, common sense of which I don't need another text for. If God ever refers to anything as detestable or an abomination, I would need equally as strong and direct a language be used to convince that He feels that it is ok. And trust me I've read every NT text that people use to justify eating anything, and none of them are talking about pork/shellfish.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,271,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Instead of the law dying, it was the sinner who died . "You have died to the law through the body of Christ," Paul assures, and he adds, "But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit" (Rom. 7:4, 6).
Dead to sin.

What does it mean when it says, "...We are delivered from the law."...?

It means >>we<< (TRUE BELIEVER'S WHO ARE OBEDIENT TO GOD'S WORD...WHO KEEP THE TEN COMMANDMENTS...NOT EXCLUDING THE FOURTH ONE!) are delivered from the power of the law which condems and curses us for the sin committed by us. The curses and the condemnation of the law is VOID and is REVOKED by the death of Christ>> TO ALL TRUE BELIEVERS WHO KEEP THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ONLY<<

The law says, "The soul that sinneth shall die; but >>we<<(only those who keep the Ten Commandments...Not excluding the Fourth!) are delivered from the law. The Lord hath taken away >>thy<<sin, >>thou<<shalt not die. >>We<<are redeemed from the curse of the law (Gal. 3:13).

Understand the law as a covenant of works...and a covenant is FOREVER...the law, the Ten Commandments is IN THE MERCY SEAT OF GOD ALMIGHTY...HE SITS UPON IT...IT IS THE BEDROCK OF OUR COVENANT WITH HIM, AND IT WILL NEVER GO AWAY! Those who obey the TEN COMMANDMENTS are under a covenant of grace...which promises strength to do what it commands, and pardon upon repentance when >>we<< do amiss...>>we<< are not under a covenant of works...>>we<< are rising to a NEW LIFE!...serving a New Master!..."...married to a new husband...!)...>>our<< first husband was the law...>>our<< New Husband is Christ Jesus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns
"...Paul confesses, "For I through the law died to the law, that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification were through the law, then Christ died to no purpose" (Gal. 2:19-21). Not only is our list of infractions (bond) nailed to the cross, but the believer was nailed to the cross also symbolically being crucified with Christ.
In this chapter (Gal.2), Paul speaks of his past life and conduct.

You are saying that you can sin...and they (the sins) are hung on the cross...! I don't think so! If we seek to be justified by Christ as sinners...the question is, Is Christ the minister of sin?...how this belief dishonors Him! The workings of the law are not justified...and the sacrifices and cleansings of it>> (THE CEREMONIAL LAWS THAT WERE THE LAWS WHICH WERE HUNG ON THE CROSS) were done away in Christ by His sacrifice for us!

For you to live in sin, is you trying to make Christ the minister of sin...this tears me apart inside!!!

Quote:
The one thing people always seem to overlook is that the Sabbath wasn't directly ever about Christ as Redeemer (which, don't get me wrong is of the utmost importance), the Sabbath was about acknowledging Christ as Creator, it's all right there in the law itself. Christ is no less our Creator today than He was 6000 years ago. Man, for some reason, has decided that there is a better reason for changing the Sabbath(He rose on Sunday, I find my rest in Him now, I worship Him everyday............), than the reason given by God Himself, for keeping the Sabbath.

Daniel 7:25 (New International Version)

(25) "He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time."
HalfNelson,
Do you keep all ten of the Ten Commandments?...the 4th one?...honoring the Lord on Saturday, by not working, which is the 7th day Sabbath that the Law is speaking of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The sad truth is that everything religions have done with scripture by praising and retaining primitive ignorance is the opposite of what it was designed for. The OT and laws were designed to TAME our barbarism and savagery as a species to instill self-control (albeit by the threat of outside authority). We eventually were supposed to adopt this self-control out of love of God and concern for one another. WE FAILED . . . except for the one who was prophesied to come . . . Jesus. He succeeded for us ALL. He PERFECTLY manifested that love no matter what He endured and showed that even death was not to be feared anymore. Our entire species mission was fulfilled in Him and we get to reap the benefits through Him. The purpose of the law was to instill self-control and produce our species ability to do so out of love. Jesus fulfilled that purpose of the laws.

Our New Covenant (purpose) is to spread that love with what God has "written in our hearts," and the Holy Spirit (of Jesus) within as our guide. We now have the "mind of Christ" as our CONTEXT for understanding the TRUE NATURE of our God when reading scripture to remove the veil of ignorance that still resides over reading it till this very day. God has no interest in OBEDIENCE to any specific laws FOR HIS SAKE . . . that is why the law was EXPANDED by Jesus to "love God and each other" . . . which covers FAR MORE ground.
...an example of a false gospel...definately not the one in the Bible...and one in which is NOT supported in any measure or stretch of the imagination...except, of course, a "mystical imagination."

Quote:
Exodus 31:12-17

12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”
I have had many a discussion on the 7th day Sabbath.

This section settled the issue for me. The Sabbath is for the Jew.

For Christians Jesus is our Sabbath rest.
Your idea is dead wrong. >>We<<Gentiles - (TRUE BELIEVER'S WHO OBEY THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, INCLUDING THE FOURTH ONE, KEEPING THE SEVENTH DAY (SATURDAY) SABBATH HOLY UNTO THE LORD) have been grafted in as children of Israel!...spiritual Israel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
The law hath dominion over a man so long as he lives (Rom 7:1), but if we lay down our life in obedience to Him by taking up our cross, He then lives His life through us. Our focus is no longer the letter of the law, but the One who fulfills it in us.

As I often say, walking with Him allows you to look back and realize that you haven't been sinning, but you didn't even have to try!
The only way the law is fulfilled within us is if it IS INDEED written upon our hearts and we OBEY them! Is Christ the minister of sin?...God forbid!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Allow me to address my part... The chief commands: "Love God...and thy neighbor as thyself". On these 2 commands hang the law and the prophets. This cover the sabbath as well (to me anyway). I love my saviour and redeemer with ALL my being and do my best to love the most unlovable neighbor who crosses my path each day... Thus fulfilling the sabbath...not just the literal day...but everyday while in the flesh.
Your idea is wrong.

Quote:
I believe it (the issue of sin, and our awareness of it) is a question of our focus. The carnal nature is still fixed on the wrong tree - the knowledge of good and evil (sin) is all we think about; life in the spirit is obviously the other tree.

As we learn to abide in Him, the things we're instructed to do become our life: thinking on things above, whatsoever is true and honest, praying without ceasing - these are all a part of abiding. John said it best: Every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself - or to take it literally, this hope (His life) is keeping us as we walk with Him.
...walk and walk and walk...walk forever till you die...if you died not having been faithful to the TEN COMMANDMENTS, INCLUDING THE FOURTH ONE...your walk has been in vain!

Quote:
I believe that when the man asked Jesus how to receive eternal life, Jesus replied "DO the commandments"

DO: (doo) vt. did, done, do'ing [[OE don]] 1. to perform (an action, etc.) 2. to complete; finish 3. to cause 4. to exert [do your best] 5. to be active [up and going] 6. to deal with as is required [do the ironing] 7. to have as ones occupation; work at....... etc, etc, etc.

The definition of DO only continues with more of the same. So to say that you DO without trying then you did not DO!!!

"Faith without works is dead" (James 2:20)

GOD BLESS!!!!
ALMOST2L8
Quote:
Does this mean....I'm IN?
No! Not if you do not keep the Ten Commandments...including the Fourth one...and you do not.

Quote:
But alas, not of works, lest any man boast! Salvation is of the Lord!
The Word of God does not contradict itself.

Quote:
Luke 10:28 THIS "DO" and THOU SHALT LIVE.

Revelation 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were JUDGED EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO THEIR "WORKS"...

Peace!
Amen!

Quote:
Sorry ans57, the 4th commandment does not say keep YOUR day holy.

It say's to keep GOD'S day holy.

Which day did he say to keep holy?????

The 7th day.

DANIEL 7:25 "And he shall speak great words against the most high, and think to change times and laws"

In order for satan to change times and laws, he would have to change only the sabbath law which contains a specific time.

The fourth commandment is also the seal of the living God spoke of in Revelation 7:2.

It is also the only commandment that contains God's seal within its words.

The seal of the president:
Barrack Obama President of the United States of America

There are three characteristics of a seal:

1. Name: Barrack Obama

2. Title: President

3. Territory: United States of America

Exodus 20:11 "For in six days THE LORD MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH, THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IN THEM IS, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it"

1. Name: The Lord

2. Title: The Creator

3. Territory: heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is

Ignore the seal of God if you wish, but I have given warning to those who understand that in order to be in the lambs book of life, then ALL ten commandments must be kept!! Please look at this with an open mind and heart, and you too will see God's wonderful truth!!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!
ALMOST2L8
Quote:
I have my friend...I have...in my saviour and redeemer's words. Expounded in the GOOD SAMARITAN. Luke 10:27-28
Quote:
Who said boast???? I am not talking of anyone being better than anyone. But if you do not keep the commandments it is because you have not truly repented of your sins. Like myself!!!

I believe that I have a long road ahead of me, but I promise I will be sin free. Not because I am better than anyone, but because I TRIED. It can be accomplished by all, if we would all only try.

GOD BLESS!!!
ALMOST2L8
God Bless you brother...He has put the desires you have in your heart...stay close to Him, and stand strong.

Quote:
So the blood of Jesus doesn't cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday?
His blood does not cover the "sin" of believing that if you go to church on Sunday you're saved!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150
Is that what the SDA (or your) church teaches?
I'm not a SDA, my shadow has never darkened the door of any such "building"...I am a follower of Christ Jesus, and I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ...every word of it...and it is very clear that the Ten Commandments should be obeyed...ALL TEN OF THEM! No question whatsoever.

Last edited by Verna Perry; 04-28-2010 at 09:33 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Christ made it clear that we are to keep His commandments. I gave you the Rev quote as one example. the 4th commandment states to KEEP the day Holy. If you want to go to church on sunday that is your business, and as I said before that is not a sin in and of itself. Likewise, not attending church on Saturday, is not a sin in and of itself. The question is, are you keeping Saturday Holy? Are you working for your own financial benefit? Are you out at parties and ballgames or spending special time reflecting on God? The reason it seems to center around church attendance is because going to church is so congruent with keeping His day Holy, that it just makes common sense to do both on the same day, and all share in God's special day together.

As to the unclean foods? For me that is just common sense. God's declaration of clean and unclean animals wasn't simply a ceremonial thing but a practical physiological thing. God delineated between clean and unclean when the animals were heading into the ark. Unclean went by 2's and the clean went by 7's. If eating those things were unhealthy for them and God himself viewed eating them as detestable, and abominations, than i have yet to taste a strip of bacon or a piece of fried shrimp that is sooooooo good that I'm just going to think God didn't know what He was talkin about. God made all the animals and He made the human body; if He says something ain't good for consumption, then I'm not going to eat it. Once again, common sense of which I don't need another text for. If God ever refers to anything as detestable or an abomination, I would need equally as strong and direct a language be used to convince that He feels that it is ok. And trust me I've read every NT text that people use to justify eating anything, and none of them are talking about pork/shellfish.
Not to worry. I work Tuesday-Friday. And you should consider Acts 10

Saturday is a day of non work. As is Sunday and Monday.

I like Lobster and have bacon with my eggs on occasion. Legalism is not part of my faith. What I do on my off work days is way healthier than the average SDA'er. Not many of them Mtn bike, hike or ski. A vegan who is a couch potatoe is heading for an early death.

It's not about bacon. It's about lifestyle

Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

...walk and walk and walk...walk forever till you die...if you died not having been faithful to the TEN COMMANDMENTS, INCLUDING THE FOURTH ONE...your walk has been in vain!

No! Not if you do not keep the Ten Commandments...including the Fourth one...and you do not.

His blood does not cover the "sin" of believing that if you go to church on Sunday you're saved!!!

I'm ...ALL TEN OF THEM! No question whatsoever.
So friend, I assume from what you said that you never lie or covet or put things before God and are perfect.

And please cite where Jesus said that His blood does not cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday. Ya know I can be a killer, an adulteror, even a theif and yet be saved. But if I go to church on Sunday-that is the unforgiveable sin???

You guys need to read the Bible, without doctrinal bias

Old 04-28-2010, 09:31 PM

5,261 posts, read 6,271,022 times
Quote:
So friend, I assume from what you said that you never lie or covet or put things before God and are perfect.
You assume wrong...you need to read the Bible...without scales over your eyes.

Quote:
And please cite where Jesus said that His blood does not cover the "sin" of going to church on Sunday. Ya know I can be a killer, an adulteror, even a theif and yet be saved. But if I go to church on Sunday-that is the unforgiveable sin???
I said (and I quote), "His blood does not cover the "sin" of believing that if you go to church on Sunday you're saved!!!"

Quote:
You guys need to read the Bible, without doctrinal bias
I read the Bible and interpret it just as it is written...I do not have to add anything nor do I have to take anything away from it...it's perfect...just EXACTLY how it is written.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:39 PM

37,793 posts, read 25,509,164 times
Quote:
Please specify how Jesus 2 commandments covers MORE than the ten.
There are far more than ten things you can do that reflects a lack of love for your neighbor as yourself. If you cannot think of any . . . you lack either imagination or love for your neighbor.
Quote:
I find that to be funny because it actually covers the same. Sadly most say that it doesn't include the sabbath, but then that would mean the ten covers more. Sorry, I just don't see how it covers more. Only the same law, still written with the finger of God, just written in a different place!!!
This reflects the cover of the veil of ignorance that exists when the OT is read and assumed to reflect the nature of our God instead of Jesus. We are NOT pets in OBEDIENCE training . . . we are children supposedly MATURING.
Quote:
That voice in your head telling you to do the right thing instead of the wrong thing, is what is written on your heart. It's the ten commandments. I truly am saddened to hear so many people prefer their sinning ways over God's way. Also, I did not know that God created seperate races of Adam's and Eve's. Do we not bare their origional sin???? We are all ancestors of Adam and Eve in one way or another. Hence we are all Israelites. We all stem from the same people. God's people!!!! Seems to me that we must have a race of aliens who come from another planet and only the original people from earth are God's people. Everyone else seems to have their own God who changes from time to time. My God never changes and His law is EVERLASTING!!! The book of the law is Moses' laws. The ten commandments that were written with God's omnipotent finger are the laws of GOD!!!. The only other reason that God would create laws that would be obsolete in the future is because he is ignorant!! I don't think you wanna be the one saying that God is ignorant.
No one prefers sinning ways and the Laws are not obsolete . . . they were "training wheels" by the "Schoolmaster." We no longer need them as crutches . . . as you say they are "written in our hearts."

Galatians 3:23

But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The only ignorance that remains even to this day is the veil that covers reading the OT and Moses which can only be removed by listening to the Holy Spirit and what is "written in our hearts" using the "mind of Christ."

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

14But their minds were blinded:(Blind Mind = Ignorance) for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it (the HEART) shall turn to the Lord (JESUS), the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

1 Corinthians 2:16
For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.
Quote:
Also, how can you say that God's laws are no longer valid, when that little voice inside your head is telling you to do the right thing. Your head only knows because of those laws. If there is no law, then there is no right or wrong!! Then the world is free to live however sinful they please.
Nonsense. They are "written in our hearts" as you say. . . NOT on stone tablets. . . . and we have the Holy Spirit within to guide us. They are "written in our hearts"

2 Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)

2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:

3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:

5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Hebrews 8:7-13 (King James Version)

7For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

1 John 2:27 (New Living Translation)

27 But you have received the Holy Spirit, and he lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know, and what he teaches is true—it is not a lie. So just as he has taught you, remain in fellowship with Christ.
Quote:
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SINS,
AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU!!!!
P.S. Sorry ans57 message was a reply to Mystic.
Well I guess you & Elmer too!!!
As I said . . . no one is sinning . . . just growing up and maturing . . . NOT trying to remain obedient pets strictly following only ten rules. God bless, you brother.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:42 PM

5,499 posts, read 4,445,453 times
Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the GREAT COMMANDMENT IN THE LAW?

37 JESUS said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL THY SOUL, AND WITH ALL THY MIND.

38 This the FIRST AND GREAT COMMANDMENT.

39 And the SECOND IS LIKE UNTO IT, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

40 On these two commandments HANG THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Luke 10:28 THIS DO AND THOU SHALT LIVE...

Old 04-28-2010, 09:47 PM

3,679 posts, read 485,513 times
Quote:
Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the GREAT COMMANDMENT IN THE LAW?

37 JESUS said unto him, THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL THY SOUL, AND WITH ALL THY MIND.

38 This the FIRST AND GREAT COMMANDMENT.

39 And the SECOND IS LIKE UNTO IT, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

40 On these two commandments HANG THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

Luke 10:28 THIS DO AND THOU SHALT LIVE...
Yes ...... The Old Covenant including the 10 commandments to the physical Israelites was based on the spiritual law of the 2 commandments.

The new covenant in Christ is written on our hearts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or