Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 06:23 PM

723 posts, read 1,041,779 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

These are videos that I wanted to put up for discussion. This is not for arguement. They are for anyone interested in the difference in the laws in the bible!!

PLEASE, do not post unless you have watched part 1 & 2 in full!!!

Because most questions you may have will already be answered in the videos!!!!

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.1

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.2

THANK YOU,

AND GOD BLESS!!!!

ALMOST2L8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,632,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
Hello all,

These are videos that I wanted to put up for discussion. This is not for arguement. They are for anyone interested in the difference in the laws in the bible!!

PLEASE, do not post unless you have watched part 1 & 2 in full!!!

Because most questions you may have will already be answered in the videos!!!!

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.1

YouTube - WHAT LAW WAS NAILED TO THE CROSS????? PT.2

THANK YOU,

AND GOD BLESS!!!!

ALMOST2L8
Hello precious brother in Christ! I love you dearly!

Thank you so much for sharing these video's...if only one out of a million receives this truth into their heart...it will be worth it!...all the angels will sing!...continue to fight the good fight of faith...I'm right here fighting along side of you brother!...and God goes before us! Praise His holy name!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:52 PM

723 posts, read 1,041,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Hello precious brother in Christ! I love you dearly!

Thank you so much for sharing these video's...if only one out of a million receives this truth into their heart...it will be worth it!...all the angels will sing!...continue to fight the good fight of faith...I'm right here fighting along side of you brother!...and God goes before us! Praise His holy name!

Thank You, Sister!!!

If only most had as kind a heart as yourself!!

I love you too!

GOD BLESS!!!!!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:21 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,455,512 times
Jesus said he would fulfill the law. The law was not destroyed on the cross, but it was fulfilled.

Awhile back, my family and I observed the Sabbath (saturday) . . . as you know . . . as I want to raise my children in the truth,

Thanks for this post, but I believe that Jesus is our Sabbath rest now . . . . God Bless . . .

Old 04-27-2010, 09:25 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,455,512 times
Instead of the law dying, it was the sinner who died . "You have died to the law through the body of Christ," Paul assures, and he adds, "But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit" (Rom. 7:4, 6). Paul confesses, "For I through the law died to the law, that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification were through the law, then Christ died to no purpose" (Gal. 2:19-21). Not only is our list of infractions (bond) nailed to the cross, but the believer was nailed to the cross also symbolically being crucified with Christ.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM

701 posts, read 797,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Jesus said he would fulfill the law. The law was not destroyed on the cross, but it was fulfilled.

Awhile back, my family and I observed the Sabbath (saturday) . . . as you know . . . as I want to raise my children in the truth,

Thanks for this post, but I believe that Jesus is our Sabbath rest now . . . . God Bless . . .
The one thing people always seem to overlook is that the Sabbath wasn't directly ever about Christ as Redeemer (which, don't get me wrong is of the utmost importance), the Sabbath was about acknowledging Christ as Creator, it's all right there in the law itself. Christ is no less our Creator today than He was 6000 years ago. Man, for some reason, has decided that there is a better reason for changing the Sabbath(He rose on Sunday, I find my rest in Him now, I worship Him everyday............), than the reason given by God Himself, for keeping the Sabbath.

Daniel 7:25 (New International Version)

(25) "He will speak against the Most High and oppress his saints and try to change the set times and the laws. The saints will be handed over to him for a time, times and half a time."

Last edited by HalfNelson; 04-27-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Old 04-28-2010, 02:14 PM

63,470 posts, read 39,739,901 times
Quote:
The sad truth is that everything religions have done with scripture by praising and retaining primitive ignorance is the opposite of what it was designed for. The OT and laws were designed to TAME our barbarism and savagery as a species to instill self-control (albeit by the threat of outside authority). We eventually were supposed to adopt this self-control out of love of God and concern for one another. WE FAILED . . . except for the one who was prophesied to come . . . Jesus. He succeeded for us ALL. He PERFECTLY manifested that love no matter what He endured and showed that even death was not to be feared anymore. Our entire species mission was fulfilled in Him and we get to reap the benefits through Him. The purpose of the law was to instill self-control and produce our species ability to do so out of love. Jesus fulfilled that purpose of the laws.

Our New Covenant (purpose) is to spread that love with what God has "written in our hearts," and the Holy Spirit (of Jesus) within as our guide. We now have the "mind of Christ" as our CONTEXT for understanding the TRUE NATURE of our God when reading scripture to remove the veil of ignorance that still resides over reading it till this very day. God has no interest in OBEDIENCE to any specific laws FOR HIS SAKE . . . that is why the law was EXPANDED by Jesus to "love God and each other" . . . which covers FAR MORE ground.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:51 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,542,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The sad truth is that everything religions have done with scripture by praising and retaining primitive ignorance is the opposite of what it was designed for. God has no interest in OBEDIENCE to any specific laws FOR HIS SAKE . . . that is why the law was EXPANDED by Jesus to "love God and each other" . . . which covers FAR MORE ground.
Aye...

Old 04-28-2010, 03:06 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,484,340 times
Exodus 31:12-17

12 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’”
I have had many a discussion on the 7th day Sabbath.

This section settled the issue for me. The Sabbath is for the Jew.

For Christians Jesus is our Sabbath rest.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:59 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,123,426 times
Quote:

Quote:
Instead of the law dying, it was the sinner who died . "You have died to the law through the body of Christ," Paul assures, and he adds, "But now we are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit" (Rom. 7:4, 6). Paul confesses, "For I through the law died to the law, that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God; for if justification were through the law, then Christ died to no purpose" (Gal. 2:19-21). Not only is our list of infractions (bond) nailed to the cross, but the believer was nailed to the cross also symbolically being crucified with Christ.
If I could rep both posts, I would.

The law hath dominion over a man so long as he lives (Rom 7:1), but if we lay down our life in obedience to Him by taking up our cross, He then lives His life through us. Our focus is no longer the letter of the law, but the One who fulfills it in us.

As I often say, walking with Him allows you to look back and realize that you haven't been sinning, but you didn't even have to try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity