Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:48 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times

Advertisements

Colossians 2:14-16 so clearly states the weekly Sabbath was nailed to cross and abolished that Sabbatarians are at a loss to know what to do with it!

"Having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col 2:14-16)

Jesus is our Sabbath rest . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:54 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Colossians 2:14-16 so clearly states the weekly Sabbath was nailed to cross and abolished that Sabbatarians are at a loss to know what to do with it!

"Having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us and which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore let no one act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day- things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ." (Col 2:14-16)

Amen!!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Lifesigns64, Meerkat2, Ans57,

I agree with you all! The Scripture also says that "he who is dead is FREE FROM SIN." To me, this is saying that when we all die, we are liberated from sin. Also, Paul declares in 2 Cor. 5 that "if He died for all, THEN ARE ALL DEAD."
I think this is also in line with what you are bringing out here. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" is the fulfillment of the Law. (And probably always has been, we just can't see it till the Lord shows us!)

Blessings to all,
brian

Old 04-30-2010, 03:13 AM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Lifesigns64, Meerkat2, Ans57,

I agree with you all! The Scripture also says that "he who is dead is FREE FROM SIN." To me, this is saying that when we all die, we are liberated from sin. Also, Paul declares in 2 Cor. 5 that "if He died for all, THEN ARE ALL DEAD."
I think this is also in line with what you are bringing out here. "Love thy neighbor as thyself" is the fulfillment of the Law.And probably always has been, we just ( can't see it till the Lord shows us!)

Blessings to all,
brian
After all is said and done...only God's Divine Will be done...thanks Brian!

Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 AM

701 posts, read 800,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post

"decrees against us and which was hostile to us............." (Col 2:14-16)

Please name one of the 10C that fit that bill. Please just one.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:16 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
You'd better go back and READ Rev:22 "Blessed are they that DO MY commandments for they shall enter the gates of the city and partake of the tree of life". Those that DO HIS word are Israel, either natural born or grafted in who follow HIS word. You are soooooo mistaken and taken in by the church mentality who think they are on some greasy grace ride using the "think" system. We DO HIS commandments (or at least try) because we love HIM, not because we expect salvation from doing it......HE has already given that to us for our faithfulness.

When your dad or mother asked you to do something, do you do it because you HAVE to or because you love and respect them and wish to please them? NO difference. Our ACTIONS are for the Blessings.....NOT for the salvation. THAT is the gift we can do NOTHING to earn. Blessings are a whole other story.

Just remember these words from Matthew 7

[SIZE=1]1“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Master, Master,’ shall enter into the reign of the heavens, but he who is doing the desire of My Father in the heavens. 22“Many shall say to Me in that day, ‘Master, Master, have we not prophesied in Your Name, and cast out demons in Your Name, and done many mighty works in Your Name?’ 23“And then I shall declare to them, ‘I never knew you, depart from Me, you who work lawlessness!’d [/SIZE]

Old 04-30-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfNelson View Post
Please name one of the 10C that fit that bill. Please just one.
Have you ever had a fleeting moment of jealousy, or wish you had the boat yoru neighbor just pulled in with . . ?????

Have you ever looked at a member of the opposite sex and had a split second of lust in your mind?

Ever exagerate on taxes, walk out with napkins from a restaurante for your car . . .

And as I said before "Thou shall not murder" . . . Jesus said murder was hating someone or something???

Old 04-30-2010, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Amen to this . . . it speaks volumes on what is required of us.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,755,670 times
[SIZE=3]John 14:15, If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.[/SIZE][SIZE=3]

John 15:10, If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ignore these if you wish. It is after all YOUR life, and HE gave us choices.....good and evil, life or death.... CHOOSE LIFE!
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity