U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:44 AM

364 posts, read 510,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Absolutely not. But I don't believe that His wrath has no end--rather, that His mercy and loving-kindess has no end...

Yes, we are all certainly responsible for our actions. But the ULTIMATE responsibility for creation lies with the Creator, logically.

If God is truly omniscient and omnipotent, then no more making excuses for Him. Either He knew the end from the beginning, or He didn't. Either He's all powerful, or He is not. If He is all-knowing and powerful, and He is, then a puny illusion like human "free" will will not thwart Almighty God.

Amen!

God knew what would happen before he created us that why God had the plan of salvation before time existed.

More lieky it us that can not make more excuses God show us the way it up to us to got that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 07:46 AM

The son of man is a title to his nature of being a man on earth.

Daniel the prophet calls messiah son of man.

Daniel 7:13 (King James Version)

King James Version (KJV) Public Domain

13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 AM

But can anyone answer my question?

bible says in the last days people will fall from the faith but how is that possible if you never truly had the faith?

Old 01-02-2008, 10:43 AM

3,490 posts, read 309,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
But can anyone answer my question?

bible says in the last days people will fall from the faith but how is that possible if you never truly had the faith?
Obviously then it would not apply to people who never truly had the faith, and apply to those that did.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM

11,503 posts, read 8,966,096 times
Quote:
God knew what would happen before he created us that why God had the plan of salvation before time existed.

More lieky it us that can not make more excuses God show us the way it up to us to got that way.
If God knew what would happen before He created then do you believe HistoryasIs, that He knew that the majority would end up in everlasting hell if this what you believe? Do you believe that He knew that the majority would never hear about Jesus their Savior in this life. Did He know who would "choose" Him and who would not "choose Him" even though Jesus says that no one could come to Him unless the Father drew the person to Him? I believe that people can fall from the faith but I also believe that God knows who the elect are. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen. But the reconciliation of all I believe is the eventual outcome for all when the ages have run their course or when time is finished. God bless!

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 01-02-2008 at 06:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Obviously then it would not apply to people who never truly had the faith, and apply to those that did.

so your answer is its apply the fallen away from the faith to ones who did truly have it once?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 AM

33 posts, read 46,334 times
Smile are we not weakin the gift

I am one who has always believed in once saved always saved, and have known friends who believe differently.

Suppose a person who believes you can lose your salvations, looks to the one who believes in once saved always saved, and thinks that we can get saved and then do what we want, or the person who believes in once saved always saved looks to the person who believes you can lose your salvation and thinks the same thing you can be saved do what you want and then be saved again. Either way we lose focus on the gift.

And if you could be persuaded either way would you change the way you live?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 AM

479 posts, read 750,402 times
I've seen a million different threads regarding this in a million different forums.(okay maybe not a million but a lot) And I've come to this conclusion regarding the matter:

God knows who's saved, and God knows who isn't saved. Let's leave it at that - and strive for perfection in Christ, faithfully walking in his spirit in Love and Truth...or to simplify as Solomon put it -

Fear God and obey his commands - that is the entire duty of man.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:21 AM

33 posts, read 46,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
I've seen a million different threads regarding this in a million different forums.(okay maybe not a million but a lot) And I've come to this conclusion regarding the matter:

God knows who's saved, and God knows who isn't saved. Let's leave it at that - and strive for perfection in Christ, faithfully walking in his spirit in Love and Truth...or to simplify as Solomon put it -

Fear God and obey his commands - that is the entire duty of man.
Amen and Amen. I could not agree more.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 AM

3,490 posts, read 309,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryasIS View Post
so your answer is its apply the fallen away from the faith to ones who did truly have it once?
Well obviously...how can you fall away from something you never had?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity