U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 09:25 PM

723 posts, read 858,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waken2 View Post
The term "supreme" is actually in reference to "apostolic authority". The RCC has apostolic succession and the Pope has supreme apostolic authority in certain issues. I recall correctly, ex cathedra infallibility has only been exercised twice.

One of the two must have been the changing of the time and law of the seventh day sabbath

Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 PM

63 posts, read 50,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST2L8 View Post
One of the two must have been the changing of the time and law of the seventh day sabbath
Nope...I believe both have to do with Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waken2 View Post
Nope...I believe both have to do with Mary, the mother of Jesus.

Then there are three!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 09:56 PM

5,302 posts, read 5,288,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
the new pope looks like Emperor Palpatine from the star wars movies... i liked john paul II he looked like a nice old man u could play chess with in the park.
LOL...thanks for the laugh....you are spot on though.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,487,015 times
ALMOST2L8, can ask if you belong to a certain denomination? If so which?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:06 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,972,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The pope replaces Christ. While some beleive that Christ is the head of the Body / Church [as the Bible clearly teaches], others would say that the pope is the head of the church.

Moderator cut: rude
Lets see if I get this--------Jesus said "no one cometh to the Father but by me." Yet Catholics think The Pope can take his place? OH. Thats right. They also think they are the "one true church!" The Bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord." Yet Catholics claim the Pope is infallible. Geesh! Its no wonder agnostics are confused.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
ALMOST2L8, can ask if you belong to a certain denomination? If so which?

Hello Nick,

First let me just say that if you find my posts offensive, I do apoligize. That is not my intent. These are the truths I have been shown, and believe me when I say, before I came to my recent beliefs, I too scoffed at the idea of the vatican as the w**re of revelation. Actually I literally laughed at the idea (my whole family is catholic). But believe me when I say I am trying to be as politically correct as possible. Because I know how my family felt when I came to them with my newly found belief 3 years ago.

That being said: No, I do not belong to ANY denomination, because ALL the churches have been decieved. Your were probably thinking I was involved with the SDA's. I get that accusation alot. LOL

I have come to the conclusion that Ellen G. White was not a prophet. Only a woman who wholeheartedly loved Jesus Christ, and was decieved into believing she was being divinely taught by God. When in reality I believe she was being spoken to by an evil entity. who?? or what?? I could not say, but her teachings are a contradiction to themselves. And "a kingdom divided against itself cannot stand"!!

GOD BLESS!!!
DALE

Last edited by ALMOST2L8; 05-04-2010 at 10:19 AM..

Old 05-04-2010, 09:33 PM

63 posts, read 50,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Lets see if I get this--------Jesus said "no one cometh to the Father but by me." Yet Catholics think The Pope can take his place? OH. Thats right. They also think they are the "one true church!" The Bible says "all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the Lord." Yet Catholics claim the Pope is infallible. Geesh! Its no wonder agnostics are confused.
You might want to read what several Catholics have posted several pages back on this thread. I think you will find that Catholics do NOT think the Pope takes the place of Jesus and the Pope IS fallible in most, but not all, things.

Last edited by Waken2; 05-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: meant to say Pope is fallible not infallible.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:42 PM

746 posts, read 1,247,571 times
Quote:
What's the purpose of a pope?
Leader of the Catholic Church and a tradition that goes back 2,000 years. Tradition does not seem to be very popular or respected in this day and age. Oh well.....

Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 PM

668 posts, read 799,279 times
The purpose of a Pope is to be Head of Jesus Church.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity