Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:44 AM

177 posts, read 471,133 times

Advertisements

we all refer to pagans at some point. my question is, how is a pagan saved by gods grace if they are isolated from our missionary region.
will african tribes enter heaven if they believe in their god?
what happened to those who died believing there was a god but never "accepted him"?

i have attended church my whole life and i defend christianity but im still unsure about my salvation. i was baptised twice - presbyterian and baptist -but still unsure. praying seems to be like talking to a wall...every now and then i get shivers listening to a song so i guess that the "spirit" but not really sure how to get god to talk back
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 08:15 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Hi Mister,

I believe that those who did not have the opportunity to accept Christ in this life will be given the opportunity to do so in the next. That would only be fair, right? And God is a righteous, fair, just, and Holy God so everyone will be given a chance to accept Christ. There's nothing in the Bible that says we won't get a chance to hear the gospel after we die.

And as far as your own salvation........you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Savior haven't you? Then you're saved. You sound a lot like me, being baptized twice to make sure it took. It is so glorious to know that God is so loving that He gave His only Son for us and that this life is not the only place we can hear that good news.

Be secure in the knowledge that you are saved and that NO ONE can snatch you from your Father's hand. I used to be so extremely concerned about my own salvation and even now I can't understand why I can't hear from God when I pray or otherwise. But even if I can't hear Him I know He's listening. I have come to the knowledge that God is listening even though I feel that He may not be sometimes.....He's always listening. And He answers prayers because just yesterday I had one answered. It's all in His good time and what He desires for us. It always turns out differently than how I prayed for something.......God is full of surprises.

Old 04-30-2010, 03:43 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
Pagan are not saved at all unless they convert to Christianity believe in Jesus Christ and become obedieant to Lord Jesus Comandments.... Jesus saves them all even if they swing from trees and live like monkeys, if they beleive in Jesus Christ and are Baptised in Holy Spirit they will not be a pagan any more but a Child of God.....

Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,940,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I have come to the knowledge that God is listening even though I feel that He may not be sometimes.....He's always listening. And He answers prayers because just yesterday I had one answered. It's all in His good time and what He desires for us. It always turns out differently than how I prayed for something.......God is full of surprises.
That reminds me of a song, Ilene...

All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of,
Everything I hoped and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given.
I've been given what I need.

A mansion on a hill or love like in the movies,
Perfect little lives where no one has a problem.
Instead of all those things I thought I really wanted,

Even when I didn't understand,
When I thought you had no heart,
Thank you for rejecting my demands
And always giving me the better part.

All I ever wanted,
All I ever dreamed of,
Everything I hoped and all the things I prayed for
Couldn't hold a candle to what I've been given.

Mistermister, what kind of God would condemn someone who had never had the opportunity to know of Him? Seriously, would that kind of God even be deserving of our worship? Like Ilene said, all will have the opportunity to hear the gospel and accept it. For some it just might not be during their time on earth.

Last edited by Katzpur; 04-30-2010 at 04:08 PM..

Old 04-30-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Pagan are not saved at all unless they convert to Christianity believe in Jesus Christ and become obedieant to Lord Jesus Comandments.... Jesus saves them all even if they swing from trees and live like monkeys, if they beleive in Jesus Christ and are Baptised in Holy Spirit they will not be a pagan any more but a Child of God.....
Could you explain how someone who has never heard of Jesus can convert to Christianity and become obedient to Him?

Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermister View Post
we all refer to pagans at some point. my question is, how is a pagan saved by gods grace if they are isolated from our missionary region.
will african tribes enter heaven if they believe in their god?
what happened to those who died believing there was a god but never "accepted him"?

i have attended church my whole life and i defend christianity but im still unsure about my salvation. i was baptised twice - presbyterian and baptist -but still unsure. praying seems to be like talking to a wall...every now and then i get shivers listening to a song so i guess that the "spirit" but not really sure how to get god to talk back
Salvation is not through christianity --- it is through christ ------- Christianity is the vehicle that God is using to proclaim salvation to the world -- converting to the religion of christianity will not save you.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:26 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,433,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

I believe that those who did not have the opportunity to accept Christ in this life will be given the opportunity to do so in the next.
Scriptures please?

Let me ask you something about justice.....do you think it is just for God to ask His servants and saints to sacrfice their lives for Him in this life, when He is going to let those come into the faith that HAVE NOT lived this way and outright rejected Him in this life, after they die?

Doesn't sound very just to me.

Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Scriptures please?

Let me ask you something about justice.....do you think it is just for God to ask His servants and saints to sacrfice their lives for Him in this life, when He is going to let those come into the faith that HAVE NOT lived this way and outright rejected Him in this life, after they die?

Doesn't sound very just to me.
Hold on! Are you seriously saying that everyone in the world who is not a Christian has "rejected" Christ?

Old 04-30-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Hold on! Are you seriously saying that everyone in the world who is not a Christian has "rejected" Christ?
Can you answer my question?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

The Bible tells us that we are buy nature children of wrath. It tells us that there is none righteous and it tells us that God is holy. Would it be justice to say those that who did not hear of Christ are somehow excluded from the righteous judgment of God upon them for their sin? Would that be justice? If that is so, then why did Jesus need to die? Why would it be that they must hear the gospel and come to Christ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity