U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 05:36 AM

7,859 posts, read 6,668,091 times

Advertisements

Every Miracle Jesus does is the Greatest. Ask the Lord Jesus and the Quicken will be, they are all the greatest..... See compairing and belittling is not an attribute of Holy Spirit and answering this question will not come from him, but our own ideas or though the flesh that many might say.......The miracle that is very important today is the Miracle of salvation through the baptisim of Holy Spirit that all believer should get when they seek to Lord and ask for this miracle ...... Be Blessed.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 06:16 AM

3,540 posts, read 5,961,166 times
Jesus Himself asked why we insist on signs and wonders.

He even asked what is more important; that a man be healed, or that he have faith.

The miracles were provided to a simple people who lacked faith.

It may be that faith in God, and bellief in miracles are the same

Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 AM

7,543 posts, read 11,555,893 times
True, this is a bit like marveling at a work of art, instead of loving the Artist.

Anyway, I've always been in awe of His power; that's why my favorite display is the ultimate in strength: refusing to react while the very ones He created spit on Him, beat Him mercilessly, mocked Him and finally crucified Him. Then they called Him a fake and a fraud because He wouldn't come down from the cross.

But He only looked at them with eyes of love, and prayed for their forgiveness - "They don't know what they do...".

That to me is power.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:08 AM

11,823 posts, read 9,815,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Every Miracle Jesus does is the Greatest. Ask the Lord Jesus and the Quicken will be, they are all the greatest..... See compairing and belittling is not an attribute of Holy Spirit and answering this question will not come from him, but our own ideas or though the flesh that many might say.......The miracle that is very important today is the Miracle of salvation through the baptisim of Holy Spirit that all believer should get when they seek to Lord and ask for this miracle ...... Be Blessed.....

Old 05-01-2010, 08:38 AM

1,897 posts, read 1,721,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
June,
I like the others' answers about creation and the resurrection. Those are probably the "greatest," so I will give you my personal favorite. It was in Mark 5 when He raised the little girl from the dead. I love that!

I consider modern day miracles to include modern medicine, too, because God gives the gifts of healing to doctors, nurses, etc. We received a modern day medical miracle with my son when we were told he was going to die, but he suddenly improved, confusing the doctors. I gave him what was supposed to be his last hair washing. They offered to make a plaster mold of his hand, and bring him out of sedation to say goodbye, but we declined because both my husband and I felt in our spirits that he would pull through. We couldn't explain why, but our hope was strong.

I almost felt like he was "raised from the dead" because he was on life support, totally sedated and in an induced paralyzed state for over a month, but I actually got to see his eyes again, hear him talk and laugh again, and see him walk, eat, play video games, do algebra, and cuddle his cat in his own bed. I got to tell him I loved him and vice-versa many more times after the day he was supposedly going to die.

Long, sad story short, he did pass away ten months later but I wouldn't trade those months for anything, and by that time our spirits had come to an acceptance that it was "his time" and God gave us peace. I'm sad he's not with me, but I'll forever be grateful to God and his donor family for giving him back to me for that short, but oh-so-precious, time. I can hardly wait to see him again someday!!
June, I wanted to clarify a couple of things in my post. Organ transplantation is a modern day miracle in itself, but the story I told you was before he got "the call." He was deactivated from the list for two days when they thought he was going to die because he was too sick to undergo surgery. His improvement was amazing and he was able to get back on the list and got the call one week later.

Also, when I said we didn't know why we had hope, we felt like it was from God, but thought it might just be our own wishful thinking, but when everything worked out like it did, it confirmed to us that the Holy Spirit was indeed the one telling us to keep hope alive. It didn't feel the same way ten months later. It was like the Holy Spirit was telling us in our hearts that it was time to let go.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:49 AM

7,788 posts, read 10,449,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post

We received a modern day medical miracle with my son when we were told he was going to die....I gave him what was supposed to be his last hair washing....I actually got to see his eyes again, hear him talk and laugh again, and see him walk, eat, play video games, do algebra, and cuddle his cat in his own bed.

I got to tell him I loved him and vice-versa many more times...

I wouldn't trade those months for anything, and by that time our spirits had come to an acceptance that it was "his time" and God gave us peace. I'm sad he's not with me, but I'll forever be grateful to God and his donor family for giving him back to me for that short, but oh-so-precious, time.

Seeing Jesus, he fell at his feet and pleaded earnestly with him, "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live."

"Don't be afraid; just believe."
June may not believe in god, and June may not believe in miracles, but June knows the power of words that practically transform into poetry when she sees it. --And sometimes -just sometimes- the words of others that hold the beauty to move her to tears in both their context and content strikes her as being something miraculous in and of itself...

Your narrative was beautiful, Bright Hope for Tomorrow, for which this nonbeliever thanks you....For a little glimpse into what constitutes a 'miracle' perhaps....Those tiny little unexpected times when something tugs at the heart, and one recognizes and knows what cannot be denied...

~Take gentle 'little boy memory' care.

Old 05-01-2010, 12:05 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,721,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
June may not believe in god, and June may not believe in miracles, but June knows the power of words that practically transform into poetry when she sees it. --And sometimes -just sometimes- the words of others that hold the beauty to move her to tears in both their context and content strikes her as being something miraculous in and of itself...

Your narrative was beautiful, Bright Hope for Tomorrow, for which this nonbeliever thanks you....For a little glimpse into what constitutes a 'miracle' perhaps....Those tiny little unexpected times when something tugs at the heart, and one recognizes and knows what cannot be denied...

~Take gentle 'little boy memory' care.
Thank you, June. That was really sweet. You take gentle care, too.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:23 PM

5,738 posts, read 4,583,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
True, this is a bit like marveling at a work of art, instead of loving the Artist.

Anyway, I've always been in awe of His power; that's why my favorite display is the ultimate in strength: refusing to react while the very ones He created spit on Him, beat Him mercilessly, mocked Him and finally crucified Him. Then they called Him a fake and a fraud because He wouldn't come down from the cross.

But He only looked at them with eyes of love, and prayed for their forgiveness - "They don't know what they do...".

That to me is power.

Indeed.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 PM

30,187 posts, read 19,981,427 times
I find it a miracle that he loves a wretch like me .

Old 05-01-2010, 11:38 PM

21,276 posts, read 20,883,681 times
To me, the Resurrection was the greatest miracle. For believers, the concept that life goes on in another realm offers the most unimaginable peace in times of the loss of a loved one. Because Christ was the first to conquer death, I will be able to hug my parents again, and my husband and children (even though they're still around for me to hug right now). I can't think of a miracle that can even begin to compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or